IGNORED

Steve Phillips randomness

jellyred

6 minutes ago, jellyred said:

Slight random one, my wife has just messaged me to say she was served by Flapper in a cafe in Bridgwater. Quite random and a bit of a drop down ? , I presume his missus owns it.

Anyone else bumped into ex city in slightly random jobs?

Last I heard he was head goal keeping coach at Yeovil. 

9 minutes ago, jellyred said:

Slight random one, my wife has just messaged me to say she was served by Flapper in a cafe in Bridgwater. Quite random and a bit of a drop down ? , I presume his missus owns it.

Did he manage to pass the plate ok without dropping it?

He probably moved down there because of all the abuse he has APPARENTLY had to put with from City fans over the years for moving to the Gas. As obviously he was such a great goalie who us fans were gutted to see leave us for our rivals!

48 minutes ago, jellyred said:

His new partner owns a chain of them I believe. He no longer works at Yeovil as goalkeeper coach. Don’t think he was particularly impressed with how professional it was down there. I did hear he was fitter than the players during runs etc! He is an avid cyclist & does a lot of running. He is by all accounts a very competitive guy still. COYR 

1 hour ago, jellyred said:

Drop down? Surely a massive step up from playing for Rovers...

23 minutes ago, Mr Roper said:

Chattted to Tom Ritchie at work in Portbury as he delivered the mail .Sure I remember Howard Pritchard driving a fruit and veg lorry ,delivering to shop in Pill .

I see Howard Pritchard regularly delivering stuff into the Whitefriers building in town, he works part time driving for the NHS, and part time as a driving instructor.

Many moons ago when working in an office in town, I had a visit from our new stationary supplier rep. When he arrived in my office it was none other than my favourite player and legend.........Alan Walsh!

Suffice to say a longer than usual "meeting" took place that had nothing to do with stationary. Unfortunately, his career took a further nose dive when he signed up to the Rovers coaching staff.

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Many moons ago when working in an office in town, I had a visit from our new stationary supplier rep. When he arrived in my office it was none other than my favourite player and legend.........Alan Walsh!

Suffice to say a longer than usual "meeting" took place that had nothing to do with stationary. Unfortunately, his career took a further nose dive when he signed up to the Rovers coaching staff.

You’ve just reminded me that in a place I worked about 10 years ago, the guy who worked in the post room/stationery place was involved in Rovers set up somehow, either ex goalkeeper or goalkeeper coach. Mike someone I think. 

No longer at Yeovil. He is now working at a college in Bridgwater and still has many goalkeeping clinics in the Somerset area. He was indeed fitter than most of the Yeovil squad. Used to see him out every morning running and at some pace as well. On a side note a couple of years ago his son was wanted by a number of clubs, City included, but I am not sure which club he ended up at. He is a goalkeeper as well by the way.

2 hours ago, Mr Roper said:

Chattted to Tom Ritchie at work in Portbury as he delivered the mail .Sure I remember Howard Pritchard driving a fruit and veg lorry ,delivering to shop in Pill .

Terry Bush used to deliver mail in Pill too 

I expect many of us have been served a pint or two by the Cheese in one of the pubs he used to run.  Was also served a pint by Trevor Jacobs in the Baccy Jar many years ago.

Annoyingly, about 10 years ago, Geoff Merrick spoke to me outside the Gate and I didn't recognise him until he had walked off.

I served petrol to Gerry Gow and Trevor Tainton back in the 70's too.

You see a lot of players in Portishead if you go there.  I've spoken to Bobby Gould a few times and a number of our current and recent players have properties there.

I've seen Joe Jordan in Clifton a few times as well.

37 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I expect many of us have been served a pint or two by the Cheese in one of the pubs he used to run.  Was also served a pint by Trevor Jacobs in the Baccy Jar many years ago.

Annoyingly, about 10 years ago, Geoff Merrick spoke to me outside the Gate and I didn't recognise him until he had walked off.

I served petrol to Gerry Gow and Trevor Tainton back in the 70's too.

You see a lot of players in Portishead if you go there.  I've spoken to Bobby Gould a few times and a number of our current and recent players have properties there.

I've seen Joe Jordan in Clifton a few times as well.

All managers and prospective managers are seen in Clifton at some point ?

Archived