Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

slartibartfast

Aaron Wilbraham - Under The Cosh Podcast (Merged)

4 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

3 of the worst podcast hosts you are ever likely to come across 

Don't know who they are  (apart from Fatty Parkin) but they had the nerve to think that LJ was an arsehole !

Under the cosh is a great podcast, think the dynamic between the 3 of them works well.

Some guests have been better than others but some of the lower league players and stories have been interesting and lots of amusing tales! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Don't know who they are  (apart from Fatty Parkin) but they had the nerve to think that LJ was an arsehole !

I can’t imagine any of them have ever come across him! The amount of ignorant views they come out with is staggering but the guests do tend to have some interesting stories when they aren’t being interrupted. They’ve had a few guests who are just clearly after dinner speakers, Kevin Campbell being the worst.

20 minutes ago, !james said:

Under the cosh is a great podcast, think the dynamic between the 3 of them works well.

Some guests have been better than others but some of the lower league players and stories have been interesting and lots of amusing tales! 

Jeff Horsfield was very good with some great stories 

22 minutes ago, LondonBCFC said:

They've all gone on to better things? Freeman, Bryan, Reid and Ayling sure but ... Derrick Williams at Blackburn and the lot at Cardiff? 

I assumed he meant better things than league one. Thought it was a good listen actually. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

1.45 onwards. 

Big fan of Cotts. Not such a big fan of Johnson it seems.

Tomlin just sounds like a ********. We all knew that anyway. 

Not what I heard in that, but hey.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

Best free transfer I can remember for this club.

Interesting listening to him talk about future plans; either becoming an agent or a coach.

Would love to see him back at City some time in the future, in some sort of capacity (if he EVER hangs up his boots !).

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

1.45 onwards. 

Big fan of Cotts. Not such a big fan of Johnson it seems.

Tomlin just sounds like a ********. We all knew that anyway. 

I thought it was interesting that Aaron Wilbrahams view was Tomlin was a good in training and a great lad etc.  If his recollection was correct an average males body fat will be 15 -20%. Tomlin was 22% and the club desired players to be 8%. Different body shapes and genders have differing body fat indexs. There are top class athletes who cannot achieve body fat indexs that low. The hot chocolate and marshmallows recollection was amusing. 

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not what I heard in that, but hey.

Really? Cotterill and Martin Allen he was both big fans of, thought that came across as quite obvious. 

FWIW I’m saying he preferred Cotterill, not that he dislikes Johnson. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I thought it was interesting that Aaron Wilbrahams view was Tomlin was a good in training and a great lad etc.  If his recollection was correct an average males body fat will be 15 -20%. Tomlin was 22% and the club desired players to be 8%. Different body shapes and genders have differing body fat indexs. There are top class athletes who cannot achieve body fat indexs that low. The hot chocolate and marshmallows recollection was amusing. 

Just the sort of wind up merchant Tomlin has always come across as.

Interesting how Wilbraham himself thought it was a risk taking Tomlin on permanently. I expect the club had their doubts too but the clamouring from the fans to get him in may have played a big part.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I thought it sounded to me that the three of 'em thought (heard / had been told) Cotts was xxxx, not Lil' Lee - and then Wilbs strongly defended Mr C

1 hour ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I thought it sounded to me that the three of 'em thought (heard / had been told) Cotts was xxxx, not Lil' Lee - and then Wilbs strongly defended Mr C

No, after that , they are muttering that they thought (under the impression ) Lee was an asshole .

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Thanks 1

His Career from YTS to now, both on and off the field.

Includes a new angle on Piss-Gate, A Tattooed, Cross Dressing Mark Little, and it was Marshmallows not Pies that Lee Tomlin ate. Also useful male grooming tips.

Excerpt - One of the interviewers when he contacted Alby for the first time.

"So you've knocked football on the head?"

Alby. -  "I played Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, and scored a penalty at Old Trafford last week."

Must be nice to be a famous player.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Where can we find this?

Needs a bit of searching but basically search "Under the Cosh" on any podcast platform.

Interview starts 11 minutes in. The first 11mins is just advertising for patreon and some sort of Last of the Summer Wine parody.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Interesting how Wilbraham himself thought it was a risk taking Tomlin on permanently. I expect the club had their doubts too but the clamouring from the fans to get him in may have played a big part.

I think it definitely did. It shouldn't do and won't ever happen again.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

We, as fans , clearly have the wrong DNA. 

I don’t care if Tomlin was an arse or not, I’d pay twice as much to watch that sublime goal against HU in the Championship, than I would to see us get absolutely creamed in the Prem...but then I’ve seen us struggle against Corinthian Casuals, so the past 5 years has been my nadir...

7 hours ago, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Who is the pissed up fat ****?

John Parkin. He's literally wasted by the end. Wilbs defo has had a hair transplant, never looked like that when he was with us. 

Looks great for 40 tbh. Fantastic for us.

Nice to hear cotts getting some much forgotten about credit. 

Starts at 1.43.10

In rhe hotel at Dubai Cotts spies on him, watching how often he signs into the gym, before offering him a deal.

Got given a year with another one if he hit a number of games. He had hit them by Xmas, because Cotts deliberately kept bringing with 5 games to go. Scored 20 in our promotion year and the next season it was the same, another year if you hit your games target. Explains why Cotts ket picking him, by now Cotts was so pro his promotion team and anti the board that he wanted another year for AW to spite the board.

AW sings the praise of Cotts to the rafters. Says LJ has had loads of money to spend that Cotts was never given. Points out Kodja was a Cotts signing. 

He explains fully the Luke Ayling pissing story. 

LJ then calls him and Tomlin into the office, saying they have been on the piss and he will take them off after 20 minutes on Saturday if they are not on it. After 20 minutes City are 2-0 up. Goalscorers? Wilbraham and Tomlin. Good management from LJ.

AW saw exactly what would happen with Tomlin, that he would ease off after getting his contract. His stories about Tomlin talking back to LJ are a bit worrying. He does praise Tomlin though. Says he would chip the keeper 7 times a day in training and make a silly noise while he did it, which he repeats.

Describes a row he had with LJ over Joe Bryan's agent.

Deafening silence when he is asked what he thinks about LJ. He is asked again. Another deafening silence. Finally he says "some people find him arrogant but he is a good coach. He was alright but I wasn't playing much"

The customary high praise of Tammy.

Ends at 2.10

He is a complete Bolton legend to their fans.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really good watch this, what an engaging switched on player! 

think he’s got a bit of an axe to grind with Johnson (for not playing him and taking his precious Steve’s job!)

great player tho and he’s bang on about people’s reaction to signing him vs how they feel by the time he’s left-must be pleasing to be dishing out humble pie all the time :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Really good watch this, what an engaging switched on player! 

think he’s got a bit of an axe to grind with Johnson (for not playing him and taking his precious Steve’s job!)

great player tho and he’s bang on about people’s reaction to signing him vs how they feel by the time he’s left-must be pleasing to be dishing out humble pie all the time :)

I thought he was very balanced about LJ. Says what a good coach he is, but they fell out briefly when LJ assumed he was touting Joe Bryan to his agent. The manager he really didn’t trust seemed to be Phil Parkinson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, redsontour said:

I don’t care if Tomlin was an arse or not, I’d pay twice as much to watch that sublime goal against HU in the Championship, than I would to see us get absolutely creamed in the Prem...but then I’ve seen us struggle against Corinthian Casuals, so the past 5 years has been my nadir...

Something like 5-0, wasn't it ?

• Like 1

I really enjoyed that Podcast, thank you @slartibartfast.

Just shows what a honest lovely guy Wilbs is and like he said himself before we signed him we were not excited but sad when he left! He brought a lot more than anyone ever could of predicted, I honestly am not sure we would not got near being as good we were . When you think Wilbs was in quite a young team even though Cotts bought the best player from each team in league one, Wilbs must of been a great role model and can see Why SC brought him in.

With this in mind is probably why Wilbs back up SC up so much and adores him due to being SC eyes and ears on the pitch and in training/dressing room.  Not that this is a bad thing but I think when it comes to Managers like SC there are less of his kind about.  I think LJ brings more science into the game and maybe it isn't even SC's fault as LJ would of had more fresh studying from doing his badges more recently.

I think SC was brilliant for City going from League one- championship but for once SL was copying the Prem teams that have to be cut throat and get rid of the manager at the right time rather then let bias take over aka GJ. If you look at when Pearson(take away the drama)/Adkins got the sack all the fans(or most fans were shocked) were up in arms due to the loyalty of where that manager had got them.

I will not forget SC for what he did for City but was too stuck in his ways when 3-5-2 didn't work, yes he didn't get a lot of money but look at Sheff United/Bournemouth(post Russian takeover)  it can be done! I will never forget thinking what there hell did this team come from and how every game was like a cup final! I will never forget the 8-2 win at home! 

• Like 1

Under the cosh is a great podcast - Check out the two Kevin Campbell podcasts - really funny and some great stories

Still can't believe Parkin only retired earlier this year!

Just looks like the kind of hungover bloke you'll see attempting to play football on the Downs! 😂

Image result for parkin footballer