IGNORED

Aaron Wilbraham - Under The Cosh Podcast (Merged)

slartibartfast

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Just the sort of wind up merchant Tomlin has always come across as.

Interesting how Wilbraham himself thought it was a risk taking Tomlin on permanently. I expect the club had their doubts too but the clamouring from the fans to get him in may have played a big part.

I think it definitely did. It shouldn't do and won't ever happen again.

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Just the sort of wind up merchant Tomlin has always come across as.

Interesting how Wilbraham himself thought it was a risk taking Tomlin on permanently. I expect the club had their doubts too but the clamouring from the fans to get him in may have played a big part.

We, as fans , clearly have the wrong DNA. 

Starts at 1.43.10

In rhe hotel at Dubai Cotts spies on him, watching how often he signs into the gym, before offering him a deal.

Got given a year with another one if he hit a number of games. He had hit them by Xmas, because Cotts deliberately kept bringing with 5 games to go. Scored 20 in our promotion year and the next season it was the same, another year if you hit your games target. Explains why Cotts ket picking him, by now Cotts was so pro his promotion team and anti the board that he wanted another year for AW to spite the board.

AW sings the praise of Cotts to the rafters. Says LJ has had loads of money to spend that Cotts was never given. Points out Kodja was a Cotts signing. 

He explains fully the Luke Ayling pissing story. 

LJ then calls him and Tomlin into the office, saying they have been on the piss and he will take them off after 20 minutes on Saturday if they are not on it. After 20 minutes City are 2-0 up. Goalscorers? Wilbraham and Tomlin. Good management from LJ.

AW saw exactly what would happen with Tomlin, that he would ease off after getting his contract. His stories about Tomlin talking back to LJ are a bit worrying. He does praise Tomlin though. Says he would chip the keeper 7 times a day in training and make a silly noise while he did it, which he repeats.

Describes a row he had with LJ over Joe Bryan's agent.

Deafening silence when he is asked what he thinks about LJ. He is asked again. Another deafening silence. Finally he says "some people find him arrogant but he is a good coach. He was alright but I wasn't playing much"

The customary high praise of Tammy.

Ends at 2.10

He is a complete Bolton legend to their fans.

Worth a watch.

Really good watch this, what an engaging switched on player! 

think he’s got a bit of an axe to grind with Johnson (for not playing him and taking his precious Steve’s job!)

great player tho and he’s bang on about people’s reaction to signing him vs how they feel by the time he’s left-must be pleasing to be dishing out humble pie all the time :)

2 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Really good watch this, what an engaging switched on player! 

think he’s got a bit of an axe to grind with Johnson (for not playing him and taking his precious Steve’s job!)

great player tho and he’s bang on about people’s reaction to signing him vs how they feel by the time he’s left-must be pleasing to be dishing out humble pie all the time :)

I thought he was very balanced about LJ. Says what a good coach he is, but they fell out briefly when LJ assumed he was touting Joe Bryan to his agent. The manager he really didn’t trust seemed to be Phil Parkinson.

12 hours ago, redsontour said:

I don’t care if Tomlin was an arse or not, I’d pay twice as much to watch that sublime goal against HU in the Championship, than I would to see us get absolutely creamed in the Prem...but then I’ve seen us struggle against Corinthian Casuals, so the past 5 years has been my nadir...

Something like 5-0, wasn't it ?

I really enjoyed that Podcast, thank you @slartibartfast.

Just shows what a honest lovely guy Wilbs is and like he said himself before we signed him we were not excited but sad when he left! He brought a lot more than anyone ever could of predicted, I honestly am not sure we would not got near being as good we were . When you think Wilbs was in quite a young team even though Cotts bought the best player from each team in league one, Wilbs must of been a great role model and can see Why SC brought him in.

With this in mind is probably why Wilbs back up SC up so much and adores him due to being SC eyes and ears on the pitch and in training/dressing room.  Not that this is a bad thing but I think when it comes to Managers like SC there are less of his kind about.  I think LJ brings more science into the game and maybe it isn't even SC's fault as LJ would of had more fresh studying from doing his badges more recently.

I think SC was brilliant for City going from League one- championship but for once SL was copying the Prem teams that have to be cut throat and get rid of the manager at the right time rather then let bias take over aka GJ. If you look at when Pearson(take away the drama)/Adkins got the sack all the fans(or most fans were shocked) were up in arms due to the loyalty of where that manager had got them.

I will not forget SC for what he did for City but was too stuck in his ways when 3-5-2 didn't work, yes he didn't get a lot of money but look at Sheff United/Bournemouth(post Russian takeover)  it can be done! I will never forget thinking what there hell did this team come from and how every game was like a cup final! I will never forget the 8-2 win at home! 

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sums up what we all know about Tomlin, i.e. he’s a knob.

Nice way to repay the manager that salvaged your career isn’t it. 

Absolutely. He disrespected everyone connected to Bristol City football club with his piss poor attitude. I was so so wrong about that fat sausage roll kebab eating ***** 

Just further confirms Tomlin is a grade A manual handler.

Given the amount of hard earned money we put into the club which went towards his wages and he repaid us by deliberately eating badly and just saying its bantz. The cherry on the cake (which he would have probably also eaten) after all the other stories of his bullying of younger players. Absolute knob.  

On 20/11/2019 at 10:03, miketh2nd said:

I really enjoyed that Podcast, thank you @slartibartfast.

Just shows what a honest lovely guy Wilbs is and like he said himself before we signed him we were not excited but sad when he left! He brought a lot more than anyone ever could of predicted, I honestly am not sure we would not got near being as good we were . When you think Wilbs was in quite a young team even though Cotts bought the best player from each team in league one, Wilbs must of been a great role model and can see Why SC brought him in.

With this in mind is probably why Wilbs back up SC up so much and adores him due to being SC eyes and ears on the pitch and in training/dressing room.  Not that this is a bad thing but I think when it comes to Managers like SC there are less of his kind about.  I think LJ brings more science into the game and maybe it isn't even SC's fault as LJ would of had more fresh studying from doing his badges more recently.

I think SC was brilliant for City going from League one- championship but for once SL was copying the Prem teams that have to be cut throat and get rid of the manager at the right time rather then let bias take over aka GJ. If you look at when Pearson(take away the drama)/Adkins got the sack all the fans(or most fans were shocked) were up in arms due to the loyalty of where that manager had got them.

I will not forget SC for what he did for City but was too stuck in his ways when 3-5-2 didn't work, yes he didn't get a lot of money but look at Sheff United/Bournemouth(post Russian takeover)  it can be done! I will never forget thinking what there hell did this team come from and how every game was like a cup final! I will never forget the 8-2 win at home! 

Cotts did brilliantly to get us out of the third division, where we were a big fish .

As Steve Lansdown said it was a fantastic season but the excitement was a bit muted because we shouldn’t have been in the lower division to start with.

Compare the feeling of that promotion with us getting to the Prem ! 

Going back to Cotts he shot himself in the foot when trying to play politics with the owner . A bit more diplomacy and who knows where we might be today .

19 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

**** me, professional footballer, 20% body fat. What a tremendous waste of potential. 

Its not exact science.

Some clubs think it should be 6% some 18%. Sports like basketball a 20% is the norm. Marathon runners its 5%. What you see there is variation between body shapes in endo meso and ecto morphs. 

Tomlin's shape means he will carry more %. The expectation v body shape can be wholly unrealistic. It can also affect potential. Not saying that is the case but judging a player by a fat index is uneven.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Link inside this where he clarifies he does respect Lee although there was a blazing row over Joe Bryan:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-aaron-wilbraham-lee-johnson-3556499

The talk of Tomlin's behaviour shows such an arrogant disdain for the club, particularly in light of how we really pushed the boat out to sign him. I remember being so excited when he actually signed.

Then you think about that penalty (against Burton was it?) probably still heading into orbit now.

It makes you think he did it on purpose...

Archived