Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

CyderInACan

Cymru v. Magyarország

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Kykoliko said:

What an utter knuckle-dragging d*ck-flapper you are.

You don’t even know me son. It’s football rivalry . It’s not how I feel about the welsh people in general . Who the hell do you think you are calling me that. Says more about you than me boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Yep, it's hard to intervene when You have to just run and try to correct mistakes by Your teammates - and that is what he is forced to do mainly for the national team. It can be pretty annoying that halfway through attacks someone always loses the ball and You have to track back immediately. I'm glad he had this run off looked much sharper than 10 days ago so it can be very good for Saturday (and he didn't look tired at all, that's a positive too). I don't really like our national team mainly because nearly every single one of them thinks he's much better than in reality and not one single person has the balls to say that "You're dire my son". Those balls wasted in attacks - in Bristol City 2-3 passes and shot on goal. I stick to club football I think...

Do you have any plans to watch Bristol City, home or away this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Do you have any plans to watch Bristol City, home or away this season?

I watched nearly every game via Robins TV or streams this season and determined to keep this habit 👍 Much more fun than Serie A games were not to mention the intensity of the games.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I watched nearly every game via Robins TV or streams this season and determined to keep this habit 👍 Much more fun than Serie A games were not to mention the intensity of the games.

Will be even better now that Nagy is back!

hopefully you can make it to Ashton Gate, one day.

Edited by exAtyeoMax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s football hatred , completely different , sporting rivalry. Do you want all our rivals to do well ? 

Same people who'd support Cardiff or Rovers in a cup final, no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

My dad was Welsh. He was also a Bristol City fan. 

Same as me. Dad was watching City in the Wedlock era when he visited relatives in Bemmy. His family came from Claverham originally.

City totally but when it comes to international football and rugby, there is only one country for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Same as me. Dad was watching City in the Wedlock era when he visited relatives in Bemmy. His family came from Claverham originally.

City totally but when it comes to international football and rugby, there is only one country for me.

My dad was from Mountain Ash but moved to WSM when he was about 10. He used to watch City from 1950s, up until 80s. He supported England and Wales…I guess even though he was born in Wales, his dad was English. I have more of an allegiance towards England but still want Wales to do well too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes but even so, I can only imagine the reaction to this in Spain 😂

Seems pretty normal to be patriotic…at least Madrid got a mention, and is at the top with the rest… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s football hatred , completely different , sporting rivalry. Do you want all our rivals to do well ? 

Not at all bothered. For me, rivalry is about bragging rights. As long as we are top dog, they can do relatively well. I don’t get the hatred thing at all.

Personally I’d like England to win the World Cup and if the other British teams get to the finals, that’s a bonus.  They’re rivals but I don’t dislike them at all. I’m half Welsh anyway, but since I was born in England and have spent 55 of my 63 years living here, I consider myself English.

Similarly, I want the West Country teams generally to do well  to improve the regions standing. So as long as City get to the Premier League, I’d have no problems with Rovers, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Exeter etc bettering themselves at the expense of clubs from say, the north west. I chuckle when the Gas struggle, but it causes me no angst when they do well

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You don’t even know me son. It’s football rivalry . It’s not how I feel about the welsh people in general . Who the hell do you think you are calling me that. Says more about you than me boy

That was by no means obvious from your original comments and there are a lot of people who won’t get this subtle a distinction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes but even so, I can only imagine the reaction to this in Spain 😂

The way he has been treated over there I don't blame him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sons best friend has a Welsh dad and both were there last night Cheering on the Wales team.

Ask him who his favourite team is though and his answer is Bristol City.

At 8 years old he doesn’t see anything wrong with this and neither do his 7/8 year old friends.

How wonderful.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 054123 said:

My sons best friend has a Welsh dad and both were there last night Cheering on the Wales team.

Ask him who his favourite team is though and his answer is Bristol City.

At 8 years old he doesn’t see anything wrong with this and neither do his 7/8 year old friends.

How wonderful.

I was born in England to Welsh parents,  and was brought up (in England) to think of myself as Welsh.  However, I've never had any problems supporting City, Wales and England at football, and in fact I'd like to see all the home nations qualify for major competitions.  I've never really seen a great international rivalry at football between England and Wales, certainly not in the way the Scots see their attempts to overcome the 'auld enemy'.  The thought of anyone from the UK hoping Hungary would beat Wales last night utterly baffles me.  When it comes to football, I'm British, and I'm pleased if any of the home nations do well.

Rugby though, now that's different... 

Edited by The Dolman Pragmatist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was born in England to Welsh parents,  and was brought up (in England) to think of myself as Welsh.  However, I've never had any problems supporting City, Wales and England at football, and in fact I'd like to see all the home nations qualify for major competitions.  I've never really seen a great international rivalry at football between England and Wales, certainly not in the way the Scots see their attempts to overcome the 'auld enemy'.  The thought of anyone from the UK hoping Hungary would beat Wales last night utterly baffles me.  When it comes to football, I'm British, and I'm pleased if any of the home nations do well.

Rugby though, now that's different... 

Shame the Welsh football team didn't see it the same way as you at the Euros isn't it ? That highly publicised celebration of Englands debacle against Iceland is fresh in the memory of many English.

I like the Welsh as a people but want them smashed at football by anyone other than Scotland or ROI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Natchfever said:

Shame the Welsh football team didn't see it the same way as you at the Euros isn't it ? That highly publicised celebration of Englands debacle against Iceland is fresh in the memory of many English.

I like the Welsh as a people but want them smashed at football by anyone other than Scotland or ROI.

I don't really care if other nations celebrate our losses. We were really shit against Iceland… I expect it would be like Rovers celebrating our losses, taking joy over our rubbish ness after years of being the poor relation. People are too precious and take it personally when it's just part of the game…

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 054123 said:

My sons best friend has a Welsh dad and both were there last night Cheering on the Wales team.

Ask him who his favourite team is though and his answer is Bristol City.

At 8 years old he doesn’t see anything wrong with this and neither do his 7/8 year old friends.

How wonderful.

Over the years I've known several City fans that are part or completely Welsh, a couple of whom were even regulars that had Welsh accents. No big deal IMO

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Over the years I've known several City fans that are part or completely Welsh, a couple of whom were even regulars that had Welsh accents. No big deal IMO

I just take it as being normal, especially due to Bristol's close proximity to Wales. I expect there are English born Cardiff or Swansea fans too…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was born in England to Welsh parents,  and was brought up (in England) to think of myself as Welsh.  However, I've never had any problems supporting City, Wales and England at football, and in fact I'd like to see all the home nations qualify for major competitions.  I've never really seen a great international rivalry at football between England and Wales, certainly not in the way the Scots see their attempts to overcome the 'auld enemy'.  The thought of anyone from the UK hoping Hungary would beat Wales last night utterly baffles me.  When it comes to football, I'm British, and I'm pleased if any of the home nations do well.

Rugby though, now that's different... 

Snap. Grandfathers: one born in Somerset, one in North Wales. I’ve never lived in Wales but with my name (Gareth)it meant I got plenty of stick at school despite being City, Bristol (rugby) through and through. 
And yes it didn’t make me immune to the piss bottle and 50p throwers last time I went to Ninian Park to watch our glorious 3-1 win; I probably dislike Cardiff as much as any team apart from the Gas. Doesn’t stop me from supporting both England and Wales  in football. 
Rugby though, now that’s different...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don't really care if other nations celebrate our losses. We were really shit against Iceland… I expect it would be like Rovers celebrating our losses, taking joy over our rubbish ness after years of being the poor relation. People are too precious and take it personally when it's just part of the game…

I'm not precious I just reciprocate the love shown towards my team.

As you say its just part of the game so the precious types are those who take issue with it and want us all to be friends or turn the other cheek and embrace the fact that most fans in  other home nations want us to get smashed every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I'm not precious I just reciprocate the love shown towards my team.

As you say its just part of the game so the precious types are those who take issue with it and want us all to be friends or turn the other cheek and embrace the fact that most fans in  other home nations want us to get smashed every game.

What would you expect me to do? Declare war?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

You don’t even know me son. It’s football rivalry . It’s not how I feel about the welsh people in general . Who the hell do you think you are calling me that. Says more about you than me boy

You have a bit of a list as to who we are supposed to 'hate'.

You really can't hate anyone under the guise of a game of football can you?

Or a fellow Bristolian who happened to play for the 'other' team. or supports.

It really does mark football supporters if not knuckle draggers to be at least shall we say a bit thick if you do?

I get rivalry, I really do, but 'hating' well.🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s football hatred , completely different , sporting rivalry. Do you want all our rivals to do well ? 

I don’t consider Wales, Scotland or NI as ‘rivals’........in fact (Scotland excepted) I always want them to do well. They’re British ffs........I quite like ROI as well as many of their players are England based.

The fact that some of their cognically impaired  supporters ‘hate’ England is irrelevant to me. 

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I don’t consider Wales, Scotland or ROI as ‘rivals’........in fact (Scotland excepted) I always want them to do well. They’re British ffs.....

The Republic of Ireland is not British, clue's in the name....

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The Republic of Ireland is not British, clue's in the name....

Read my post again.....................:cool2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Over the years I've known several City fans that are part or completely Welsh, a couple of whom were even regulars that had Welsh accents. No big deal IMO

Me and friends of mine who are completely Welsh had season tickets in the Atyeo for years. Everyone around us knew we were Welsh and we never had a problem, a few chants of ‘sheep shaggers’ aimed in our direction whenever we were playing Cardiff or Swansea but always had a laugh with it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Whites said:

Wanted Wales and Scotland to lose, but found a nice little enhanced Treble at 7/2 (with Poland), so that made it better. 

Yep i had a treble............Burton, Doncaster and Poland........sweating just a little until Polands 81st minute winner brought it home! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bristol Post made an observation about the 5 players across midfield for Wales last night...........Real Madrid, Man Utd, Juventus, Ex Liverpool and..................Bristol City.    Makes yer proud don't it? 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So, you're resorting to editing your posts now to disguise your ignorance? :dunno:

Realising that I’d posted ROI instead of NI...........:dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kykoliko said:

I'm just someone that knows a delicate ego when I see one.

Wishing you all the best from outside the cave.

Well you obviously don’t and your assumptions are wide of the mark. I’d have a good look at your own ego if I was you, it seems rather inflated. Be careful typing up on your very high horse you might fall and we wouldn’t want that massive ego to get bruised now would we . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well you obviously don’t and your assumptions are wide of the mark. I’d have a good look at your own ego if I was you, it seems rather inflated. Be careful typing up on your very high horse you might fall and we wouldn’t want that massive ego to get bruised now would we . 

Edit

Edited by Kykoliko
Probably too antagonistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 10:45, exAtyeoMax said:

I just take it as being normal, especially due to Bristol's close proximity to Wales. I expect there are English born Cardiff or Swansea fans too…

I know loads of Cardiff fans who are English who have re located here in the last 20-30 yrs. the city is very multi cultural these days. As for Bale, I dont blame him to be honest, treated woefully by the most fickle fans in the world with a manager who doesn’t appreciate him despite him almost single handily winning the champions league for them less than 18 months ago, with a stunning overhead kick too....he’s obviously had enough out there, and after 6 years and winning 4 champions leagues who can blame him. Zidane the **** doesn’t pick him anyway.  Sure they pay his wages, but show him no respect these days. He’s a very quiet and un assuming lad, not one to ever cause a fuss.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 21:40, cidercity1987 said:

They might play in their national stadium next time, not at the home of a team who are 4th division to my generation

Really? Despite finishing above you all but maybe one season in 20 years? And two in the premier league?  Don’t be bitter lad

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...