IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stadium to go cashless

Sir Geoff

2 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

It's the future, people will complain nonetheles

And so they should because its discriminatory. It goes against best practice as advised in valuing me etc. Best practice for those with disabilities. There should always be alternatives.

This may seem a good idea by the young men in suits running things, for me it's no problem - I pay for everything I possibly can by card even if it's only a couple of quid - but look around AG on matchday and there's a very large ageing section of the fanbase....a sea of grey heads as I look along the Lansdown.  They'll probably just not bother buying anything rather than getting to grips with new tech.

This is the sort of thing that should be sounded out through fan groups and the SC & T (maybe it was?) and ...whisper it...the SLO.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I get that some people like using cash but to blindly assume that "older people" won't be able to cope is a tad OTT and a ridiculous assumption to make! 

Gotta tap your season ticket to get in, gotta tap your season ticket to get a discount. Tapping your card to pay might be a step too far for us old uns. 

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

This may seem a good idea by the young men in suits running things, for me it's no problem - I pay for everything I possibly can by card even if it's only a couple of quid - but look around AG on matchday and there's a very large ageing section of the fanbase....a sea of grey heads as I look along the Lansdown.  They'll probably just not bother buying anything rather than getting to grips with new tech.

This is the sort of thing that should be sounded out through fan groups and the SC & T (maybe it was?) and ...whisper it...the SLO.

Bristol Sport should also be consulting organisations that support individuals.

I work for a charity that supports vulnerable individuals in the community. Bristol Sport decided to alter the way they sold tickets and put their services on line. An individual I supported could not use on line services, his disability prevented him doing so. I pointed this out to Bristol Sport and the response suggested that individuals should take over and act on his behalf, creating membership on his behalf and making the payments - The suggestion contravened data protection and normal working guidelines = In my working environment it would be a gross misconduct offence. The individual no longer attends Ashton Gate and has lost the interest in attending at all.

A problem with cashless services is that they are frequently not person centred. They benefit the service not the consumer (fan).

Archived