IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stadium to go cashless

Sir Geoff

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Can you still get money off for cash?

No. In effect that would be surcharging for the use of cards, which is illegal under laws passed last year (you know, the ones the popular media had demanded for years in relation to  Ryanair and easyJet)..

29 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Yours is the usual its bah its progress reply. You fail to answer the points regarding being person centred and its best practice. Its an uncaring and ignorant position with respect however it is not uncommon.

In regards to your questions. 

Are you implying that elderly and disabled people do not use contactless cards? No. 

What has vulnerability got to do with somebodies payments methods? Abuse. Capacity. Comprehension skills. History. Risk.

One of the demographics I mentioned was disability - A learning disability is for life. There is no cure. Individuals with severe and profound LD's do not adapt/or find it challenging and problematic to do so. You would lose that bet unless you possess cures and knowledge unknown to science .

I would imagine someone which a severe and profound learning difficulty would come with a carer.

Problem solved!

9 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Nazis were the future once too until people stood up to them. Just because companies try force you to do this or that doesnt mean its right

Just because companies try force you to do this or that doesnt mean its right

Hypothetically a fair statement but crazy comparison 

Paying quickly is one thing - decent service is quite another.

Half the staff serving at the ground dither so much that any advantage gained when paying by card is quickly lost as they pour 3 2-pinters of Butcombe directly from the barrel or aimlessly wander around looking to see what a Maltsmiths actually is. 

2 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Well they've copied everything else we've done ,ie halftime draw, pa announcements on the pitch,woman players,only thing they won't copy is, a new stadium , they can't afford that,

Are you saying da gas had never thought of having half time draws at any time in their history before we did it?! I’m sure we didn’t invent them! And I seem to remember they had some clown with a mic on the pitch doing announcements when we played them at Twerton ...

2 hours ago, jj77 said:

People think Bristol is a bit behind the times.

The posts here sort of prove it.

FFS!

Not at all - the current PC climate demands cities like Bristol to be as inclusive as possible, catering for the needs and preferences of all types of people - payment schemes should reflect this - as long as cash is legal tender and available from cash machines etc, then organisations should accept it as a valid payment method ...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not at all - the current PC climate demands cities like Bristol to be as inclusive as possible, catering for the needs and preferences of all types of people - payment schemes should reflect this - as long as cash is legal tender and available from cash machines etc, then organisations should accept it as a valid payment method ...

They should accept Bristol Pounds only. None of this Sterling malarkey. 

56 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The point? Be prepared

The point being if cash is the contingent position one still needs to maintain the infrastructure, tills, cash floats, cash storage, cash handling bank services....just in case something goes belly up. And if it's there and somebody wishes to pay cash but isn't allowed, I can see that going well.....

1 minute ago, KingLear said:

There was a busker in a tube station in London on Saturday who had a contactless card machine set up with a sign saying it was £2 per 'swipe'.

I'm aware this adds nothing to the conversation but interesting nonetheless ?

Guy handing out cards on the tube with his bank details,  next level begging in London.

9 minutes ago, KingLear said:

There was a busker in a tube station in London on Saturday who had a contactless card machine set up with a sign saying it was £2 per 'swipe'.

I'm aware this adds nothing to the conversation but interesting nonetheless ?

Reasonably priced I reckon, so did you take him up on it and give him a slap?  ?

• Admin
50 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Paying quickly is one thing - decent service is quite another.

Half the staff serving at the ground dither so much that any advantage gained when paying by card is quickly lost as they pour 3 2-pinters of Butcombe directly from the barrel or aimlessly wander around looking to see what a Maltsmiths actually is. 

The downside of using temporary agency staff

4 hours ago, RedM said:

And the charity collectors, can’t rattle a bucket of contactless!

Actually I do wonder about the charity collectors with less and less people carrying actually money, especially loose change. Donations must be affected?

Beggars are thinking a forming a protest group before Christmas 

Archived