Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
JonDolman

LJ and Macca interview with Gregor

https://play.acast.com/s/robinsonthewire/6c3e0e1e-2569-4580-8384-a3ba876ebe16

Gregor can be frustrating with his very long questions at times. But overall a very good listen.

Interesting what LJ says about Ash Williams recent improvement in one area of his game, and what he says about a recent presentation from the analysis team, that should hopefully improve our attacking play.

• Like 1

15 years of listening to and watching Brass Eye, David Brent, Parks & Rec, and Alan Partridge has absolutely ruined LJ's musings and ramblings for me. "show me your friends, I'll show you your future". His "bubble of philosophy".

"I went to Cirque du Soleil, they've got 5 motorbikes in a sphere going round and they don't collide. You've got to have that rapport. It's the same in the SAS." (paraphrased that one).

I mean...maybe it's all correct but it's just the phrasing.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Today I'm celebrating 42 years as a City fan. For most of the time we have been piss poor. Nothing will automatically change with money around although credit to Lansdown for sticking to his half relative. Give us another five hundred years and we might qualify for the shitland.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 1

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Today I'm celebrating 42 years as a City fan. For most of the time i have been pissed.

Better

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Twenty years ago we should have been rebuilt from the ground bu there has always been money around to save us for another season in peoples eyes without any football knowledge. SL is aware of what HE is doing and the jury is out in 20 years time  

13 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Twenty years ago we should have been rebuilt from the ground bu there has always been money around to save us for another season in peoples eyes without any football knowledge. SL is aware of what HE is doing and the jury is out in 20 years time  

I think you have started on the Source before me! I always find your pists i mean posts amusing! I still agree with your idea of a bar on top of the Atyeo Roof! 

Edited by Reddie The Eagle Edwards
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Are you getting shit..faced already?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Today I'm celebrating 42 years as a City fan. For most of the time we have been piss poor. Nothing will automatically change with money around although credit to Lansdown for sticking to his half relative. Give us another five hundred years and we might qualify for the shitland.  

Well done on the 42 years mate, don’t give up on the dream of shitland.

• Haha 6
  • Robin 1

59 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Well you got more staying power than I. Personally I wouldn’t have given 42 years of my life to something that would make me so bitter and miserable and found something I enjoyed instead. It’s never too late.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, JonDolman said:

https://play.acast.com/s/robinsonthewire/6c3e0e1e-2569-4580-8384-a3ba876ebe16

Gregor can be frustrating with his very long questions at times. But overall a very good listen.

Interesting what LJ says about Ash Williams recent improvement in one area of his game, and what he says about a recent presentation from the analysis team, that should hopefully improve our attacking play.

Gregor is an absolutely awful interviewer. Can’t listen to him.

• Rovers 1

11 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

I find city seem to play a lot better after a skinfull of natch

I think it's probably better for them if they drink some sort of energy drink before games - although your theory might have applied to a certain Mr. Dziekanowski 

• Haha 3

Just now, elhombrecito said:

Crikey, I'm two minutes in, and these questions are sooo rambling. Must last at least 30 seconds per question!

Where's @Shtanley when you need him?

but at least we know the answers the hard hitting questions like who drives the car when the coaching staff travel together...! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Well done on the 42 years mate, don’t give up on the dream of shitland.

Is that where the small horses come from or is that pony ? 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Roe said:

I quite like Gregor but yeah his simple questions turn into full on bible readings.

He would be a really shit salesman.

Keep it simple . Ask a question and shut the **** up . 

Listen to the reply, not what you think the response is . 

I was told many years ago , you have two ears and one gob , listen twice as hard as you talk.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

15 years of listening to and watching  Alan Partridge has absolutely ruined LJ's musings and ramblings for me.

Listening to Gregor's questions makes me want to pierce my foot on a spike...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Listen to the reply, not what you think the response is . 

Yes, exactly this. 

I hate interviews where the interviewer has a list of questions (or in Gregor's case, essays) which they ask, and then don't even listen to the answer before moving on to the next question. How hard is it to listen to the answer and ask follow ups? :dunno:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Listening to Gregor's questions makes me want to pierce my foot on a spike...

Listening to the interview I was pleased when Lee said he talks to the players about their lives. Sounded like he's created an atmosphere where he's a friend first, boss second. Probably entertainer third.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

15 years of listening to and watching Brass Eye, David Brent, Parks & Rec, and Alan Partridge has absolutely ruined LJ's musings and ramblings for me. "show me your friends, I'll show you your future". His "bubble of philosophy".

"I went to Cirque du Soleil, they've got 5 motorbikes in a sphere going round and they don't collide. You've got to have that rapport. It's the same in the SAS." (paraphrased that one).

I mean...maybe it's all correct but it's just the phrasing.

It’s a shame that this awful podcast was published, because Lee normally sounds great in his post match interviews, but this was shockingly cringeworthy, with 9 out of 10 sentences not even making any sense in English let alone having any useful understandable meaning for the listener.  With Gregor’s terrible, rambling, stuttering 6 questions in one (plus the answers he thinks he is going to get), the whole thing was a total car crash, made worse by it being marketed as a special edition.  Gregor is not a broadcaster and has not got much better in the last couple of years - hesitant, waffling, circuitous delivery that is painful to listen to.  And Lee goes from great and articulate (which he usually is) to speaking utter nonsense gobbledygook when he is encouraged to ramble.  I would genuinely suggest it gets taken down before it becomes a total joke on social media.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, markcarter said:

It’s a shame that this awful podcast was published, because Lee normally sounds great in his post match interviews, but this was shockingly cringeworthy, with 9 out of 10 sentences not even making any sense in English let alone having any useful understandable meaning for the listener.  With Gregor’s terrible, rambling, stuttering 6 questions in one (plus the answers he thinks he is going to get), the whole thing was a total car crash, made worse by it being marketed as a special edition.  Gregor is not a broadcaster and has not got much better in the last couple of years - hesitant, waffling, circuitous delivery that is painful to listen to.  And Lee goes from great and articulate (which he usually is) to speaking utter nonsense gobbledygook when he is encouraged to ramble.  I would genuinely suggest it gets taken down before it becomes a total joke on social media.

Did he cut you up outside ASDA last night or something?

• Like 2