IGNORED

Joe Morrell - New deal (Merged)

RedEyez

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fully Deserved. And next season deserves his chance with us . 

Who knows, could come back in January, and be our club-developed player.  Got to get minutes if that happens though.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the odd Champ team doesn’t come in during the winter window to see if they can prise him away from Lincoln for the second half of the season.

Showed very high level of consistency for Lincoln, in the vote for MOTM virtually every game.

And those who’ve not seen much of him can’t fail to have been impressed by how easily he slotted into the Wales midfield.  Great faith by Giggs to select him last night.  Would’ve been easy to play Ampadu, the bigger name of the two of them...but I think he knew that Joe’s discipline was needed with Ramsey but also allow Allen to get forward.

He's taken his time to grow up into adult football. That is a fact and not meant in anyway as a derogatory comment. Not everyone can be a regular first teamer as someone like Gerry Gow.

His performances for Lincoln and Wales show he is now ready to compete for a first team place. January would be good but we can wait until August.

Excellent news. He seems very determined to make it with us. And seems like a natural leader to me when seeing what he is like on the pitch and with the way he comes across in interviews.

It's a tricky one now in that position. I would certainly not look to move Korey on to clear the pathway. Korey is too good imo. It might be that we sell Brownhill, which clears it for Morrell next season. Keep him there at Lincoln for as many minutes as possible till then.

I wonder if Walsh will be next to sign a new deal. I have high hopes for him too.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Great news and happy for him. Gonna be tough to fit him, Nagy, Brownhill, Walsh, Massengo and Morton in the same midfield though. Of course no one is guaranteed to stay. 

I think Morton will be out on loan again next season. He's been doing well by all accounts but with the other midfielders we have I can't see him being in the first team next year. 

What this new contract does is give us some great cover if we lose any of Brownhill, Nagy, Massengo, or Smith to injury or to the market.

Walsh - I honestly wouldn't want ti try and predict what's going to happen with him. He's building a cracking highlights reel this season but does he offer anything that we otherwise don't have?

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To play Smith over Morrell come January would be criminal. Since when did Smith play international football at top European level?

Slightly harder to get into England's midfield though isn't it. Really not comparable when you consider the pool of players Southgate picks from compared to Giggs.

I suppose Smith might be eligible for Jamaica but I really couldn't say for sure.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think Morton will be out on loan again next season. He's been doing well by all accounts but with the other midfielders we have I can't see him being in the first team next year. 

What this new contract does is give us some great cover if we lose any of Brownhill, Nagy, Massengo, or Smith to injury or to the market.

Walsh - I honestly wouldn't want ti try and predict what's going to happen with him. He's building a cracking highlights reel this season but does he offer anything that we otherwise don't have?

I see Morton getting another loan next season. He can't get in FGR team at the moment, though like you say it seems he has done well when given opportunities. Maybe another loan to FGR again next season, as I can't see them keeping hold of Adams in their midfield who looks a cracking player. They're a great team for Morton, as they relentlessly pass the ball from back to front.

On Walsh, I think he has so much natural ability. It looks like he has mainly played as an out and out holding midfielder for Coventry in most games this season. From what I have seen, I think he's better a bit more advanced. Like we saw in that Stoke second half last season where he was giving and going in and around the opponents box. Running with the ball in tight spaces. He has so much potential imo.

Nice. 

Walsh and Bakinson both signed over him and now weirdly he’s probably the furthest ahead. Albeit he is slightly older than both. 

He should’ve played more last season imo, hopefully he gets proper game time with us next season if we lose one of; Brownhill, Massengo and Nagy. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Nice. 

Walsh and Bakinson both signed over him and now weirdly he’s probably the furthest ahead. Albeit he is slightly older than both. 

He should’ve played more last season imo, hopefully he gets proper game time with us next season if we lose one of; Brownhill, Massengo and Nagy. 

He has proved himself at a level far higher than the Championship. Why should he wait til later than January?

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

He has proved himself at a level far higher than the Championship. Why should he wait til later than January?

He’s too promising to bring back just to be fourth choice. Leave him at Lincoln until we sell one of our current CMs.

I know Semenyo hasn’t played internationally but look how he hasn’t developed at all after being pulled from his loan spell last year. 

Why is everyone rushing to get a player with 3 months of football at Lincoln and two international games against equivalent League One teams (they are; both teams he played are turd let’s be honest) back to just add to our bloated non-match day playing squad?

Archived