IGNORED

3 games 7 days.

BCFC Rich

Three big games coming up and a great test of our development. With the midway point approaching and players coming back form injury we want to kick on and show what we can do, three very different tests. Forest in a similar position to us and also struggled after the last international break both will want to maintain momentum and current league position, Huddersfield have been showing signs of resurgence under the Cowleys and will be a good test and hard to break down, and WBA are obviously the team to beat at the moment. 

How many points do we expect? What would be a good return? I suggest (particularly in the NF and WBA games) that performance levels will be almost as important in terms of confidence going forward - eg. a gutsy defeat to WBA where we take them game to them at times and give a good account of our selves will show progress and our ability to compete with any team in the league.  

I'd say:

9 point - Incredible (dream land)

6/7 points - This is what I'm hoping for. I think its achievable but will be really tough.

3/5 points - Acceptable (particularly if 5) but not ideal - still no need to panic

leas than 3 points - We have underachieved.

This is why we have such a strong squad of players now. Korey and Nagy back at the right time.

As for how many points is good or bad, or what we might get. I never really predict or look much into a group of games. We could win all 3 or lose all 3. It often ends up being so different to how we imagine. And sometimes the best teams we actually play better against too.

In theory......

Forest 2 wins , 2 losses in last 4. Don't score too many, don't concede very many. Winnable , but feels like a 1-0 either way. 
WBA can score for fun, and concede. Not as open as last year, Bilic effect? 3 clean sheets in the last 5, but they let in 2 in each of the other2. We can get a point there.
Huddersfield , after the Cowley's finally got them going they flew, back down to earth at Preston. Very winnable.

That would give us 7 points and me a huge smile. It really all depends on us. We have players coming back and getting fitter, if LJ can pick the right team (don't ask me what that is) then 7 is achievable , we could just as easily end up with 1 or 2 , it is the Championship after all.
Sit back and enjoy the ride, and if you sit near me I apologise for the language :yes:

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

In theory......

Forest 2 wins , 2 losses in last 4. Don't score too many, don't concede very many. Winnable , but feels like a 1-0 either way. 
WBA can score for fun, and concede. Not as open as last year, Bilic effect? 3 clean sheets in the last 5, but they let in 2 in each of the other2. We can get a point there.
Huddersfield , after the Cowley's finally got them going they flew, back down to earth at Preston. Very winnable.

That would give us 7 points and me a huge smile. It really all depends on us. We have players coming back and getting fitter, if LJ can pick the right team (don't ask me what that is) then 7 is achievable , we could just as easily end up with 1 or 2 , it is the Championship after all.
Sit back and enjoy the ride, and if you sit near me I apologise for the language :yes:

I see similarities between Forest and us in the way we play

Difficult to predict for sure.....Our home form is patchy at best and our away form is excellent so it wouldn’t be huge surprise to draw with Forest and win at the Hawthorns. Hopefully beat the Terriers at AG but you can never tell........

I’d be delighted with 6 points from 9 and ecstatic with 7points. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I see similarities between Forest and us in the way we play

With fingers firmly crossed, I'm hoping the players returning gives us an edge and we can start a winning run and get some home form.
Very similar records, and I see they have a couple of injuries. Looking at Whoscored , they change formations like we do.Recent results are a mixed bag , but home defeat by Hull and away to Wigan doesn't scream form, hopefully the break didn't help them too much.  As for us , Charlton, Wigan and Barnsley hardly convincing, but I thought there were signs against Cardiff of a little more cohesion . Can't get past thinking it will be tight . I'd happily take a 1-0 win and move on.

The Forest game has stalemate written all over it. It could be one of those games where neither side want to take too many risks and where if still level in the latter stages, they effectively enact a truce. A draw could keep both teams in the top 6, after all (if Fulham draw).

WBA should have enough to edge it but another draw possible, and Hudds is a tough game that we should edge...

Actually, I predict we draw every remaining game this season.

35 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would take 4 points from these three. Any more is very good. WBA look a class above everyone. Forest in great form and Huddersfield have been turned around by the Cowleys. 

Yep any more than 4 and we’ve done really well. Not many teams in this league that will take 6+ from those 3 games. 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, why do people in football, especially managers call it 3 games in 7 days, when it's clearly 8 days?

Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri

Saturday ...  I'm up to eight, what about you?

The point managers make is that it’s three games in a relatively short time span with not much recovery time in between. We won’t see the same starting 11 in each 3 games for sure.

That said with almost every injured player (Dasilva excepted) now available it shouldn’t be too tough to field a strong team.

3 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Or even better go to the game??

Not everyone can unfortunately - me included.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, why do people in football, especially managers call it 3 games in 7 days, when it's clearly 8 days?

3 O'clock PM Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri

3 O'clock PM Saturday  7 days gone , 8th DAY

Because there are exactly seven days between the start of the first game and the start of the third? 

1 hour ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

I'm down Dawlish Warren next week, hopefully I can find a pub on Wednesday showing the game

If you are at Welcome, they show sports in the bar area.  Don't think any of the 2 Pubs in Warren show sports, you might have to go further afield.

Archived