IGNORED

3 games 7 days.

BCFC Rich

4 hours ago, markcarter said:

Agreed; it’s very annoying.  A simple way of putting it is that a week is seven days (presumably everyone would agree with that) & there aren’t two Saturdays in a week.

You and I both know why they say it..

We've had to manage 3 games in 7 days sounds a lot more demanding than Saturday Wednesday Saturday

Well that's only how it has always been when there is a midweek game. And it usually applies to both teams, so I can't really see what all the fuss is about.

One game this week = Forest tomorrow

Two games next week .. WBA away on Wednesday and Huddersfield at home on Saturday.

12 hours ago, markcarter said:

Agreed; it’s very annoying.  A simple way of putting it is that a week is seven days (presumably everyone would agree with that) & there aren’t two Saturdays in a week.

Seven days = 168 hours. They play three matches within 170 hours. Go figure.

8 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Four I reckon, draw v Forest, lose at Baggies and beat Huddersfield.

Looking further ahead to the half way point;

Fulham A 0pts

Blackburn H 3pts

Millwall H 3pts

Owls A 1pt

Giving us 39 points at half way - x 2 = playoffs?

For what its worth i think our away form is still slightly better than home.

Forest Home - Draw 3-3.

Baggies away - Win 2-1.

Terriers Home - Draw 0-0.

Fulham Away - Win 1-0.

Blackburn Home - Draw 2-2.

Millwall Home - Draw 1-1

Owls Away - Draw 1-1.

This keeps the undefeated run going and LJ manager of the month for December.

33 minutes ago, City oz said:

For what its worth i think our away form is still slightly better than home.

Forest Home - Draw 3-3.

Baggies away - Win 2-1.

Terriers Home - Draw 0-0.

Fulham Away - Win 1-0.

Blackburn Home - Draw 2-2.

Millwall Home - Draw 1-1

Owls Away - Draw 1-1.

This keeps the undefeated run going and LJ manager of the month for December.

Just looking back on last season and we finished with 70 points so half way point assume 35 points.

This season going by the above predictions will be 38 points at half way so assume 76 points at end of this season.

last season with Aston Villa finishing on 76 points and finishing 5th and the rams finishing on 74 points in 6th you would think we have a very good chance of finishing any where between 3rd and 6th by end of season 2019/20.

However the half way point is probably not much to go on as some clubs in this league that have had slow starts are now starting to improve. Look at us Over the past 3 or 4 weeks with some players out injured or suspended and we can only improve. 

7 hours ago, City oz said:

Just looking back on last season and we finished with 70 points so half way point assume 35 points.

This season going by the above predictions will be 38 points at half way so assume 76 points at end of this season.

last season with Aston Villa finishing on 76 points and finishing 5th and the rams finishing on 74 points in 6th you would think we have a very good chance of finishing any where between 3rd and 6th by end of season 2019/20.

However the half way point is probably not much to go on as some clubs in this league that have had slow starts are now starting to improve. Look at us Over the past 3 or 4 weeks with some players out injured or suspended and we can only improve. 

I think 38 points at halfway would be a great platform to launch from in the new year. We would know that we only have to improve on the first half of the season by a few % to nail down a play off spot. Given the injury boost at this crucial stage, you'd expect the team to give it a real good go.

8 hours ago, City oz said:

Agreed - I expect Brentford to break into the top 6. It can swing quite sharply depending on what happens in the Jan window though. If someone buys Ollie Watkins that's going to affect them massively. 

8 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Agreed - I expect Brentford to break into the top 6. It can swing quite sharply depending on what happens in the Jan window though. If someone buys Ollie Watkins that's going to affect them massively. 

And I wonder if PNE can sustain their current form. Another one is Wednesday - how will all these investigations into their finances affect them?

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And I wonder if PNE can sustain their current form. Another one is Wednesday - how will all these investigations into their finances affect them?

I think Swansea, Fulham and Brentford are the teams we'll be up against in the play off race.

Archived