IGNORED

WinEuro millions, buy a club.

1960maaan

I love this story. What do you do if you win £161m on the Lottery? buy the team you support and hand it over to the fans, top bloke in my eyes.

1130120319_Screenshot2019-11-21at18_14_51.png.f7cbd84b194d82521cb74923e534b38c.png

EuroMillions winner Colin Weir has completed his takeover at Partick Thistle and plans to gift ownership to fans next year.

Weir, 71, has purchased a majority shareholding and a holding in land at the club's Firhill Stadium.

The lifelong supporter will immediately give the land back to the Scottish Championship club.

His 55% shareholding will then go to a fan group being developed, based on the Well Society model at Motherwell.

The free transfer of shares will happen "no later than the 30 March 2020".

Weir has already invested around £2.5m of his £161m lottery win from 2011 in the Glasgow club and previously set aside £6m for a new training ground.

But he withdrew his support in August citing "uncertainties" about a mooted takeover by a foreign consortium.

If I win 161 million then the first thing I'm doing is buying the sags.

They will be chucked out of the ground and forced to play somewhere like Torquay whilst the Memorial Ground is gifted back to the rugby club, its rightful owners. Or gift it to the rugby clubs fans, make it a community asset or something to protect the memorial. All evidence of Rovers ever playing there will be removed however a Sir Colin Daniel's Stand will be built at the end that he scored that famous goal. 

They will be debt free as I cover all the costs, as players contracts expire they will be released and replaced with sunday league footballers to ensure they slide down the football pyramid. 

15 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If I win 161 million then the first thing I'm doing is buying the sags.

They will be chucked out of the ground and forced to play somewhere like Torquay whilst the Memorial Ground is gifted back to the rugby club, its rightful owners. Or gift it to the rugby clubs fans, make it a community asset or something to protect the memorial. All evidence of Rovers ever playing there will be removed however a Sir Colin Daniel's Stand will be built at the end that he scored that famous goal. 

They will be debt free as I cover all the costs, as players contracts expire they will be released and replaced with sunday league footballers to ensure they slide down the football pyramid. 

I always wanted to do this. There would be no fun in buying City with all the stress that comes with owning the club you passionately support but to own the s*gs and be able to completely ruin them on a whim would be so enjoyable.

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I always wanted to do this. There would be no fun in buying City with all the stress that comes with owning the club you passionately support but to own the s*gs and be able to completely ruin them on a whim would be so enjoyable.

If I tried to buy City, I'd soon be skint. I could buy the sags and it barely show in my bank account.

I would expect to be given the freedom of the city once I've got rid of the gas and returned ownership of the Memorial Ground to the rugby club and its fans.

I would probably donate a few million to City to be spent on the academy or something.

I'd buy a box and give every fan the opportunity of enjoying a game in the box free of charge. Kinda like the Supoorters Trust do with the season tickets they have. 

I'd also donate a large sum of money to improve the matchday experience for fans. Might buy a couple of the local pubs too.

Archived