IGNORED

Away Ticket Lottery

Fitzy Red

Welcome to Bristol City’s lottery of away ticketing

Luton sold within 1 hr

Fulham 4 minutes

Reading / QPR / Millwall / Forest / Swansea all likely to go the same way

We are a professional club trying to achieve Premiership with a totally inadequate away ticketing scheme

Sort it out !!!!

Loyality scheme required like all other top PROFESSIONAL clubs

Cant believe I’m having to post this topic

Jerry I think this maybe your first priority as club SLO

Good Luck !!!! 

Why inadequate and how's it a lottery? Priority is given to season ticket holders and there's now so many of them we're always likely to sell out popular fixtures. On chance holders don't want them they go to members, then open sell. How else would you do it? It's the modern day equivalent of the old voucher scheme we had in the 60s and 70s. If you've a season ticket you've as much chance as any other of getting the ticket you want. How much more loyalty do you need than coughing up each year for a season ticket half the fixtures one of which one may not be able to make? What's the club supposed to do should demand exceed away allocations? What percentage of away fixtures have we sold out this past decade?

Many of the 'professional' premier clubs operate an away season ticket scheme such only wealthy supporters may purchase that and the home fixtures. Is that 'professional' enough for you?

Perchance we reach the promised land and home demand exceeds capacity (it rarely did last time) will you have a problem with season ticket holders having bagged all the seats, or priority for season tickets being given to existing holders and members?

5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Why inadequate and how's it a lottery? Priority is given to season ticket holders and there's now so many of them we're always likely to sell out popular fixtures. On chance holders don't want them they go to members, then open sell. How else would you do it? It's the modern day equivalent of the old voucher scheme we had in the 60s and 70s. If you've a season ticket you've as much chance as any other of getting the ticket you want. How much more loyalty do you need than coughing up each year for a season ticket half the fixtures one of which one may not be able to make? What's the club supposed to do should demand exceed away allocations? What percentage of away fixtures have we sold out this past decade?

Many of the 'professional' premier clubs operate an away season ticket scheme such only wealthy supporters may purchase that and the home fixtures. Is that 'professional' enough for you?

Perchance we reach the promised land and home demand exceeds capacity (it rarely did last time) will you have a problem with season ticket holders having bagged all the seats, or priority for season tickets being given to existing holders and members?

Your way behind the times

No respect for supporters who have followed the club through thick and thin for the last 30 years home and away 

All season ticket holders for that period and go every week Rochdale / Middlesbrough / Carlisle Away etc

Being forced out of their loyalty because its become a luck of the draw on the website

Dont you understand this issue ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To the OP,  I was under the impression that this or similar was mooted for next season.

@BTRFTG I might be wrong but I'm quite sure that clubs have to hold back a % for non ST home fans in the PL.  Quite sure home areas would  sell out too, how football is now.

I know some clubs do but thought that was only by choice for their community schemes. I thought at one stage the big 3 London clubs were only ST and debentures. 

Just now, Fitzy Red said:

Dont you understand this issue ?

Of course I do but what's the solution? If there's greater demand than supply what's City supposed to do about it, other than what they've occasionally tried to do with beam-back et al?

More than happy to add in away loyalty to STs, plus years of attendance and miles covered as were those the criteria I'd be guaranteed a ticket for all fixtures. That would though be unfair on the yung 'uns who've never seen City play in the top flight, unlike us old 'uns ...

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Of course I do but what's the solution? If there's greater demand than supply what's City supposed to do about it, other than what they've occasionally tried to do with beam-back et al?

More than happy to add in away loyalty to STs, plus years of attendance and miles covered as were those the criteria I'd be guaranteed a ticket for all fixtures. That would though be unfair on the yung 'uns who've never seen City play in the top flight, unlike us old 'uns ...

Every big club has a loyalty scheme

No ones guaranteed a ticket but reward is given to those who go regular

I know people who have been going to Away games for over 30 yrs on CATS and have not been able to get tickets for Luton or Fulham

They are all season ticket holders

Supply and demand has always been but reward those who go every week firstly

We are probably talking about 200 fans at most

Which by the way includes me and my 73 yr old father

6 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

And that's sad. But what of those who couldn't get tickets who'd argue you have it easy, who live local enough to avail yourselves of CATS rather than having to make your own, more expensive and troublesome arrangements? Aren't they more 'deserving'? Or those who don't have the time at present to follow City week in, week out but who may once have been stalwarts, do they not deserve consideration? And how do you prove somebody has attended? Anyone can buy a ticket, doesn't mean it gets used.  

The folly of loyality schemes, as in the case of the England Supporters Club, is where demand exceeds supply it KILLS new support. If you've absolutely no chance of going to a prime fixture why go at all? Lucky you to have been born before someone else but does that give you a God given right to kill their allegiance before it starts? They may well be as keen and eager as you, simply they haven't yet had chance to show it.

6 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Every big club has a loyalty scheme

No ones guaranteed a ticket but reward is given to those who go regular

I know people who have been going to Away games for over 30 yrs on CATS and have not been able to get tickets for Luton or Fulham

They are all season ticket holders

Supply and demand has always been but reward those who go every week firstly

We are probably talking about 200 fans at most

I get the point your making, but I'm a season ticket holder like you. I would absolutely love to go to every away game, finances prevent that however. 

Why should priority be given to those who can afford to go to every away game? Pretty much every City fan would go if they could.

51 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I get the point your making, but I'm a season ticket holder like you. I would absolutely love to go to every away game, finances prevent that however. 

Why should priority be given to those who can afford to go to every away game? Pretty much every City fan would go if they could.

It's just the fair way of doing it. You'll only get 2/300 odd that actually do go to every single one. Will be plenty left for SCH. 

I don't think it's inadequate it's just that these two particular games are popular among fans. Fulham for obvious reasons and Luton because it was something people haven't done in years. We're not the best at traveling away (I say that whilst living in Lincolnshire) The odd few games we'll take thousands the next few games we'll talk 600/700

8 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Luton sold within 1 hr

Fulham 4 minutes

We are a professional club trying to achieve Premiership with a totally inadequate away ticketing scheme

Sort it out !!!!

Good Luck !!!! 

Do keep up m8.

If the same people get the tickets every game how are you going to attract fans to follow away. Does this mean thaf it becomes a closed shop and certain people can go. I live in Manchester and go to more away games than home, will this mean I can’t go to away games for I’m not a loyal supporter.

Who/how will they decide how many tickets are for ‘loyal’ fans’. 

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

Also they always go on sale at 10am on a weekday when I’m stuck on a factory floor why not make it a weekend. 

If it went on sale on a Saturday morning I wouldn’t be able to buy one.  How would that be fair to me?

Can everyone reply below what time works for them and I will feed back to the club. Cheers

25 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If the same people get the tickets every game how are you going to attract fans to follow away. Does this mean thaf it becomes a closed shop and certain people can go. I live in Manchester and go to more away games than home, will this mean I can’t go to away games for I’m not a loyal supporter.

Who/how will they decide how many tickets are for ‘loyal’ fans’. 

Think you will earn loyalty points for each away game attended, then when we get the limited alocation people with x amount of points will get first dibs. At least that's what I would imagine will happen. ?

7 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

The folly of loyality schemes, as in the case of the England Supporters Club, is where demand exceeds supply it KILLS new support. If you've absolutely no chance of going to a prime fixture why go at all? Lucky you to have been born before someone else but does that give you a God given right to kill their allegiance before it starts? They may well be as keen and eager as you, simply they haven't yet had chance to show it.

I think the England fans club works very well, i know plenty of people over the years who have joined and built their points up to get tickets for most games. do the home games, go to the less fancied away games or away games with large allocations then 9 times out of 10 you have enough points to do the tournament games. City adopting something similar is exactly how we need to go.

1 point for attending a home cup game, 2 points for any away game, then when a game like Luton or Fulham comes up you do an initial sales period for the top points holders. Over a rolling period points gained 2 seasons ago are deleted, if you carry on going to games you stay at the top, if you are new to city away games it wont be long until you are level with the top points holders.

8 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I have never understood how, when that happens, you start taking your child to the football with you.  

Am copying and pasting my comment from 10th October when the club announced that a new loyalty scheme would be introduced:

Struggling to get an away ticket in this division will rarely be an issue. Luton, with such a small allocation in a small ground, being a bit of an anomaly. The only other occasions will be away games towards the end of the season if we're in the top 6 or even challenging automatic promotion. But, the biggest draw will come should we make the play-offs. Away fans usually get 2,000 tickets, irrespective of the home team's capacity. 

However, getting away tickets will become a big deal should we ever go up. Almost every Prem club provides 3,000 away tickets (with the exception of Bournemouth due to their ground being almost as small as Luton's). 

I liked what we did about 10-15 years ago with the traffic light priority points system. Someone on here will point out if I get any of this incorrect, but from memory points were awarded based on:

Distance to away ground (from AG)

Time and date of match at away ground.

e..g a Tuesday night away to Norwich would guarantee maximum points. A Sat 3pm ko away to Reading only the minimum. 

With something like a trip to the East Midlands or South Yorkshire for a Sat 3pm ko being in the middle.

Priority order for away tickets went something like this(I think...)

1. Season ticket holders with x number of points (accumulated through having attended x number of aways)

2. Members with x number of points 

3. Season ticket holders

4. Members

5. General Sale

Giving members who regularly attend aways but can't afford a ST and/or don't live in/near Bristol was a way of rewarding their loyalty. It wasn't perfect, but I think worked pretty well.

The biggest criticism was them getting priority over STHs who never (or rarely) went to aways. 

No system will work brilliantly. But, I like allocating points based on how I think we did it before. It does mean that X fan could go to 3 aways near Bristol and Y fan go to 1 4-6 hours away and Y fan gets more points that X does for his/her 3 outings, but as I said, the system isn't perfect.

Something like this (or similar) would be a decent option.

One thing: if this loyalty scheme discounts past attendances at aways over this or previous seasons, it'll be a bit of a mess if we go up (as demand will far outstrip supply). It'll be ok however if we don't.

1 hour ago, antlers said:

I think the England fans club works very well, i know plenty of people over the years who have joined and built their points up to get tickets for most games. do the home games, go to the less fancied away games or away games with large allocations then 9 times out of 10 you have enough points to do the tournament games. City adopting something similar is exactly how we need to go.

1 point for attending a home cup game, 2 points for any away game, then when a game like Luton or Fulham comes up you do an initial sales period for the top points holders. Over a rolling period points gained 2 seasons ago are deleted, if you carry on going to games you stay at the top, if you are new to city away games it wont be long until you are level with the top points holders.

You just shot down your own argument.

PS I was also a member of England travel club, regularly bought tickets for away games that I had no intention of attending so built up a healthy points total for tournaments.

This will always happen with points based systems, particularly if we make the promised land.

10 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Luton sold within 1 hr

Fulham 4 minutes

Sort it out !!!!

Good Luck !!!! 

Something is already on its way - it’s happened twice this year but how often before that. Barely worth mentioning until now.

Archived