IGNORED

M5 J18

Quedgeley Exile

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Good point! 

May I suggest junction 17, and through henbury/ Lawrence weston. Big problem with that is no doubt Xmas shoppers will be out in force queuing to come off as well . 

Worth a try 

Could pop into the local henbury PC shop to do some xmas shopping on the way through, sorted then.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Good point! 

May I suggest junction 17, and through henbury/ Lawrence weston. Big problem with that is no doubt Xmas shoppers will be out in force queuing to come off as well . 

Worth a try 

Not a shopper then Julie?

Saturday afternoon - The Mall-  4 weeks to Xmas..............the queue for J17 will start 2 miles North of Almondsbury!

4 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

So

Is the best advice is to drive past junction 18 as you won't be able to get off?

travel down to J19 round the round about back over the bridge

and get off at junction 18

To be honest I’d come off at J19 go either A369 or if you don’t fancy getting caught up in the queue on the clannage that sometimes occur go up Portbury Lane and then left Failand, down Clarkencombe and onto the A370

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

To be honest I’d come off at J19 go either A369 or if you don’t fancy getting caught up in the queue on the clannage that sometimes occur go up Portbury Lane and then left Failand, down Clarkencombe and onto the A370

Always get stuck in traffic on the hill if I go that way. will try this. Thank you.

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Good point! 

Worth a try 

Plenty of ways to reach the P&R without using the avonmouth junction. Could possibly come off at the Almondsbury junction and go down past Aztect West then Hayes Way to the Mall and then the route you suggest. 

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Good point! 

Worth a try 

That should ensure that everyone coming from Nottingham get completely lost!!!

12 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

So

Is the best advice is to drive past junction 18 as you won't be able to get off?

travel down to J19 round the round about back over the bridge

and get off at junction 18

If you need to use the park and ride at partway this is the best advice  , the local route I stated I would suggest is best used by those who know the area ??

Archived