IGNORED

Fulham v QPR

Lanterne Rouge

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

What the hell has happened to Bryan.  Every time I watch Fulham he seems to lose his man for a goal

He was often criticised on the forum for his defending whilst at City. The suggestions were often that he was a good left sided midfield player, but not a full back. The forum doesn’t lie. When he and Flint left it seemed as though it was a major blow. That hasn’t happened and we are a better team without them 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, TomF said:

What the hell has happened to Bryan.  Every time I watch Fulham he seems to lose his man for a goal

Just now, pongo88 said:

He was often criticised on the forum for his defending whilst at City. The suggestions were often that he was a good left sided midfield player, but not a full back. The forum doesn’t lie. When he and Flint left it seemed as though it was a major blow. That hasn’t happened and we are a better team without them 

Agree 100%. Because he was "one of our own" he was afforded a lot more credit than other players in the side

It used to drive me nuts how often he switched off and was caught day dreaming 

40 minutes ago, TomF said:

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree 100%. Because he was "one of our own" he was afforded a lot more credit than other players in the side

Not......Saying.......Anything

?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Pretty end to end game played at a good pace, just checked the team lineups as I hadn’t even noticed Bryan or Reed were actually on the pitch !

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

I did think he improved in last 12 months with us - mainly under McAlisters tuition - but seems to have gone backwards.  

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Was just about to post very similar.

Won't bother now having read and totally agree with your post.

Fast, fluid, attacking football. Feels just like watching City at The Gate ?

Love Joe to bits brilliant attacking but... he’s no defender. Stands off his man,  is soooo easy to turn and positional awareness is hopeless. Strange that most of us on the Forum sees this but managers can’t. 

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not......Saying.......Anything

?

Bet you’re having a field day tonight!!

I accept he wasn’t the best defensively (let’s not go into detail - you’ve done that), but I thought it was the compromise to what he offered going forward, from LB or LWB.  He was at his best at LM, and even looked good in CM, because he had two feet.

FWIW, I actually think he’s looked worse defensively for Fulham.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bet you’re having a field day tonight!!

I accept he wasn’t the best defensively (let’s not go into detail - you’ve done that), but I thought it was the compromise to what he offered going forward, from LB or LWB.  He was at his best at LM, and even looked good in CM, because he had two feet.

FWIW, I actually think he’s looked worse defensively for Fulham.

My thoughts exactly every time I’ve seen them play. 

Archived