IGNORED

I do hope the battering ram is in the starting line up against Forest

Never to the dark side

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

But hasn’t scored and wouldn’t start up front for any other team in the championship!

True, but he made a real difference when we could have struggled, and under normal circumstances he would deserve a run, or at least make the bench.
That bench is going to be hard to get onto now. If Fam comes in for MW, who then drops out of the squad, that leaves Keeper, Palmer, HNM, Moore and Semenyo who probably HAVE to make the bench. That leaves only Rodri and Eliasson to step down if KS comes in. One would leave us without a back up striker and the other  we would lose a real impact from the bench. The only other alternative would be COD dropping out HNM coming into midfield. It all depends on formation and if we stick with 3 CB's.  Lee has a bloody hard job from now on in, and we still have JD to come back.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

True, but he made a real difference when we could have struggled, and under normal circumstances he would deserve a run, or at least make the bench.
That bench is going to be hard to get onto now. If Fam comes in for MW, who then drops out of the squad, that leaves Keeper, Palmer, HNM, Moore and Semenyo who probably HAVE to make the bench. That leaves only Rodri and Eliasson to step down if KS comes in. One would leave us without a back up striker and the other  we would lose a real impact from the bench. The only other alternative would be COD dropping out HNM coming into midfield. It all depends on formation and if we stick with 3 CB's.  Lee has a bloody hard job from now on in, and we still have JD to come back.

...and Hunt

43 minutes ago, swanker said:

But hasn’t scored and wouldn’t start up front for any other team in the championship!

Yet in the two games he’s started we’ve taken 4 points that should have been 6. When are people going to wake up to the fact that an effective team is better than outstanding individual contribution! 

21 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Looking forward to a match-winning performance today from Diedhiou, for some reason I can see him scoring a brace and running Forest ragged.

Hope you're right Kev, but I'm yet fo see Fam run anyone ragged in all the time he's been here.  If he gets the right service though, he has proved that he is capable of scoring goals.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hope you're right Kev, but I'm yet fo see Fam run anyone ragged in all the time he's been here.  If he gets the right service though, he has proved that he is capable of scoring goals.

I've seen him personally run two teams ragged, of course all subjective, one of them being Derby at home 2 seasons ago when we beat them 4-1 and I think he scored 2, and another game where the opposition slips my mind, but it definitely happened!

I'm hoping that his hat trick for his country will fill him with confidence, and after his 3 game ban, I reckon he's going to be fired up and go for it today. 

Now I've said this, we'll probably find he's benched and Watkins play again ...

58 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yet in the two games he’s started we’ve taken 4 points that should have been 6. When are people going to wake up to the fact that an effective team is better than outstanding individual contribution! 

So you rate Watkins as a striker. Fair enough, but I don’t and I don’t think many would be to disappointed if he was to leave the club. On his contributions to our team and what we supposedly paid for him then he’s been a disappointment.   

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think he will start, but TBF Watkins has done a good job. Unlucky for MW he may miss out on the squad all together, Fam and Korey back in the 18 means 2 miss our from the Cardiff line up.  Tough call for the Boss.

So you would leave out a striker who just scored an international hat-trick for his Country..................for a player who has no goals and no assists, and has played 3 games in 12 months?..........Ok.

12 minutes ago, swanker said:

So you rate Watkins as a striker. Fair enough, but I don’t and I don’t think many would be to disappointed if he was to leave the club. On his contributions to our team and what we supposedly paid for him then he’s been a disappointment.   

No I rated our team as a whole. Obviously Watkins wouldn’t be starting up front if Diedhiou wasn’t suspended and we hadn’t lost Afobe.

But he came in, did a pretty good job for his team and we took 4 from 6 that should have been 6 from 6. I’m very happy with that. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I've seen him personally run two teams ragged, of course all subjective, one of them being Derby at home 2 seasons ago when we beat them 4-1 and I think he scored 2, and another game where the opposition slips my mind, but it definitely happened!

I'm hoping that his hat trick for his country will fill him with confidence, and after his 3 game ban, I reckon he's going to be fired up and go for it today. 

Now I've said this, we'll probably find he's benched and Watkins play again ...

That Derby game, he was dropped to the bench (tired adjusting to Champ football), came on for Woodrow on 65 minutes, but did score 1 in injury time, a lovely Henry-open-the-body right footer around the keeper.

The other game that stands out for me was a night game v Brum, 3-1 win, where he partnered Djuric, and Bryan played right back.  

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

So you would leave out a striker who just scored an international hat-trick for his Country..................for a player who has no goals and no assists, and has played 3 games in 12 months?..........Ok.

Confused?
I said I think Fam would start, I said that Watkins would miss out all together. I also said he would be a little unlucky to miss out as he had done well in the two games previously. where did you get I would start Watkins ahead of Fam?

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No I rated our team as a whole. Obviously Watkins wouldn’t be starting up front if Diedhiou wasn’t suspended and we hadn’t lost Afobe.

But he came in, did a pretty good job for his team and we took 4 from 6 that should have been 6 from 6. I’m very happy with that. 

To be fair, in one of the games he played, against Barnsley, we were pretty poor

43 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Confused?
I said I think Fam would start, I said that Watkins would miss out all together. I also said he would be a little unlucky to miss out as he had done well in the two games previously. where did you get I would start Watkins ahead of Fam?

Fair enough.........but your post was a little ambiguous.  You said `Watkins would be unlucky to miss out and had done a good job, which kind of intimated that you thought he should maybe start?  However, I must have misinterpreted it, so there you go.

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think he will start, but TBF Watkins has done a good job. Unlucky for MW he may miss out on the squad all together, Fam and Korey back in the 18 means 2 miss our from the Cardiff line up.  Tough call for the Boss.

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Fair enough.........but your post was a little ambiguous.  You said `Watkins would be unlucky to miss out and had done a good job, which kind of intimated that you thought he should maybe start?  However, I must have misinterpreted it, so there you go.

Watkins had come in for two games where we were without our main striker , and the replacement , Rodri, is completely different. He came in and added presence , and muscle that would otherwise have been missing, and did it well. As I said in my post above, after two good games he was unlucky and missed out all together. Unlucky because normally, if someone had come into the squad from nowhere, and had a positive impact as he did, you would have hoped to have a run in the side. With the players now available it's not that straight forward.

Archived