IGNORED

Atmosphere

pl00peh91

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They're not the only ones.

"Is this a library"

"You're support is ****ing sh**"

"You only sing when you're winning"

Have all been sung by a number of opposition fans.

We should be ashamed.......at least those who don't bother should.

And have been sung by our fans at multiple other grounds, it’s a football thing nowadays sadly, not just us

Sounds like most people posting on this thread are either complaining/disappointed about the lack of atmosphere or waiting for someone else to entertain them by starting a chant/song. Just a suggestion, but why not leave your inhibitions at home and sing your fricking head off? Nobody will think any less of you and the buzz you will get when the whole stadium joins in with you is something else.

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Sounds like most people posting on this thread are either complaining/disappointed about the lack of atmosphere or waiting for someone else to entertain them by starting a chant/song. Just a suggestion, but why not leave your inhibitions at home and sing your fricking head off? Nobody will think any less of you and the buzz you will get when the whole stadium joins in with you is something else.

It’s funny you mention that as I did try to sing a fair number of times at the back of the Dolman but a few people seemed visibly alienated which put me off - it really depends where you sit 

I only get to games every six months when I get back home. City is quite often on Be In Sports Channel 2 and they are nearly all the away games for some reason. When I watch these on Foxtel I can always clearly hear the city chants and songs from the city supporters that travel away. Perhaps its because we play better away and you can always see the City flags proudly and plenty of noise coming from the city supporters that travel.

Why after every game with a poor atmosphere is there always so many excuses, I really don’t understand it. If the team are playing boring football who cares we can still create some noise.

I just wish for once everyone would stop complaining and just start backing the team instead or is Ashton gate truly dead for atmosphere now? 

14 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Why after every game with a poor atmosphere is there always so many excuses, I really don’t understand it. If the team are playing boring football who cares we can still create some noise.

I just wish for once everyone would stop complaining and just start backing the team instead or is Ashton gate truly dead for atmosphere now? 

Lets be honest mate, atmosphere at Ashton Gate has been non exsistant since they stopped putting us by the away fans 

It's been shocking for some time 

8 hours ago, Riaz said:

Some of the songs, that some of the lads behind me get going, are really downbeat and kill the atmosphere. 

Even the elliasson song which i like, is too dreary for a football song.

It depends what you put into it, I commented to my mate yesterday there are too many people mumbling there way through songs making them sound downbeat rather than singing with a bit of pride, put some effort in to that Eliasson song and it would be great. 

16 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What's the point of a signing section when 2/3rds don't bother? **** off out the area if you aren't going to 

That section of the ground is a standing section but the club can’t call it that because standing isn’t allowed. The primary reason some people go there is to stand, with singing just a secondary reason 

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Lets be honest mate, atmosphere at Ashton Gate has been non exsistant since they stopped putting us by the away fans 

It's been shocking for some time 

Yeah I agree it’s not as good not being able to banter with the away fans and make it more intimidating in that matter but it is what it is we can still create an atmosphere being where we are! 

8 hours ago, Pieman said:

But isn’t that the point of the singing section? If they get going then others will join in. Perhaps if we had some musical instruments in addition to the singing similar to that in other grounds that would get the crowd going. 

I think the atmosphere is generally better at away games as those wanting to make some noise tend to congregate together at the back, with others wanting to just sit and watch nearer the front. It’s already been  mentioned in this thread that not everyone in the ‘singing section’ wants to sing, couple this with others who do scattered around the ground, it makes it difficult.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

The atmosphere at modern stadiums is poor generally now. One thing I’d like to ask though. Who the **** started with phone torches ffs . It’s a football match not a barry manilow concert . Instant 3 year banning order imo , shocking 

Yeah. WTF is that all about. I thought I was missing something yesterday, but I guess it was just the cock wombles identifying themselves.

12 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

It’s funny you mention that as I did try to sing a fair number of times at the back of the Dolman but a few people seemed visibly alienated which put me off - it really depends where you sit 

Whenever I hear anything I'm giving it a go in the middle of E31 mate. But in my proximity it's just me, a bloke that sits just behind me and a couple of youngsters who can ever be bothered to join in. Okay the Dolman's not particularlty known for making a noise except maybe block A or B, but I'm sure everyone was singing when we played Man Utd. So they can do it.

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yeah. WTF is that all about. I thought I was missing something yesterday, but I guess it was just the cock wombles identifying themselves.

I would like to say it was just loads of kids doing it but embarrassingly seen some grown men doing it as well ?‍♂️.

Has the singing section had its day , used to be quite good , lots of flags , two poles. Etc.  Big surfer going overhead. 
yes I was there yesterday. Singing red army for ages whilst no one else around me really was.  There were a few flags out granted.  But not a sea of colour like Liverpool or Dortmund, even watford have lots of colour.  
this is not a dig at the lads who set up on matchday, fundraise etc   I do appreciate their efforts  ?Please do not be offended.  Or people on here who look to get offended on their behalf.  It’s not helped by the turgid football served up a home.   Or is it a case of Bristolian apathy ? 

4 hours ago, kivsy said:

Has the singing section had its day , used to be quite good , lots of flags , two poles. Etc.  Big surfer going overhead. 
yes I was there yesterday. Singing red army for ages whilst no one else around me really was.  There were a few flags out granted.  But not a sea of colour like Liverpool or Dortmund, even watford have lots of colour.  
this is not a dig at the lads who set up on matchday, fundraise etc   I do appreciate their efforts  ?Please do not be offended.  Or people on here who look to get offended on their behalf.  It’s not helped by the turgid football served up a home.   Or is it a case of Bristolian apathy ? 

Think it's summed up by your penultimate sentence.

4 hours ago, kivsy said:

Probably due to the boring dross being served up on the pitch!

22 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry to say that the 2300 Forest fans outsung our 20000+ by a mile.

We only seem to sing when we'te winning, otherwise the place does sound like a library.

Really never understood why folks in the West stand all seem to be mute too.

They don't sing at home. Watched part of the Forest v Derby game, huge derby but quiet as a quiet thing. Disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

They don't sing at home. Watched part of the Forest v Derby game, huge derby but quiet as a quiet thing. Disgraceful.

They were awful last year as well, great rendition of their song before kick off but not a peep for 90 minutes afterwards...

Archived