Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BobbyIsMyDad

Eliasson

We got Eliasson, Palmer, Wonderboy. COD start every game, for me its a big? Have always had faith in LJ but know he have to think different. Understand that we play safe but at home we should dictate the game. Draw 30 min left, we can not always rely that the subs comes on and change the game. As another said on this forum: why does we buy creative players If we dont play them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Unluckily for you we dont tend to grind out 0-0 draws.

I sit dead in line with where NE usually crosses the ball when attacking the SS. Today I was actually thinking about his crossing during the game and was trying to decide if these unsuccessful crosses were down to him or down to his team mates lack of ability to get on the end of theee crosses..

I thought the movement in the box was poor today. Some of the crosses were decent and if Someone (Fammy ?) had been on their toes to anticipate the cross and got across the front of their marker then there was a goal or two to be had. I assume Rodri was brought on as he is a bit of a tap in merchant and the ball was dropping in the box at times.

• Like 1

Eliasson is fantastic with his quick feet and crosses . He causes panic everytime in the opposition box. 

I would love him to mix it up a bit to sometimes get into the box himself either to shoot or draw a foul .

It could be carnage .

12 hours ago, shelts said:

He’s not the answer . We are better than just swinging it into the box from wides 

Yep. That's why he doesnt start more. Don't get me wrong, I really like his attacking intent but nothing is gained from whipping in ball after ball into a congested mixer hoping someone will get on the end of it. We are better than that. Eliasson also doesn't offer strong defensive abilities. 
LJ has to explain this away as a 'system' reason for not picking him. He's not going to knock him as a player 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I’m not one who’s overly bothered over performances just aslong as we are doing well, to which we are, that was my point, I’m happy with where we currently stand this season. Whether it’s wearing thin on you or not we’ve had absolute shit luck with injuries this season, from day 1 so yes it’s altered our season and how LJ wants us to play massively, DaSilva, Kalas, Nagy, Afobe all starters who were out for weeks with only 2 having just returned, so yes injuries are still effecting our squad. As I mentioned before though at AG LJ really needs to concentrate on what we can do when set up to attack straight from the off rather than what the opposition may come and do, let them worry about us.

I get your point, but as far as home performances are concerned it just seems to be a continuation of last season where again most games were disappointing, if only we could play at home like we seem to away.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Unluckily for you we dont tend to grind out 0-0 draws.

I sit dead in line with where NE usually crosses the ball when attacking the SS. Today I was actually thinking about his crossing during the game and was trying to decide if these unsuccessful crosses were down to him or down to his team mates lack of ability to get on the end of theee crosses..

I think a ball coming from that angle, despite Nic’s talent for whipping them in, is hard to get on someone’s head. Fam’s header v Reading was 50% decent movement and 50% awful defending. The box also wasn’t full. 

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Remember Eliasson put a low ball in the box, Forest player got a feet on it and hit the post. Think sometimes NE should be more selfish. When he takes his man he coould go central and shoot. Eliasson is not the whole answer how we play but fact is when he is on the pitch something happens.

That was Weimann who crossed it. 

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Eliasson is fantastic with his quick feet and crosses . He causes panic everytime in the opposition box. 

I would love him to mix it up a bit to sometimes get into the box himself either to shoot or draw a foul .

It could be carnage .

I think there is merit in that. The fullback has often committed his block and Nic could then take another touch and get a shot off. Was it QPR last season where he did that.

I still think Fam might be able to get on more crosses coming from Nic on the left wing where they are either stood up or curling away from the CBs and onto Fam’s ‘swede’.  He can generate awesome power in his headers. 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know it's going over old ground and there were other circumstances but Djuric was tailor made for Eliasson. Real shame we never quite got to see him at his best injury free. 

I am not sure if he would be. You may be right. But what I see from Eliasson's crosses is how much we need one or two sharp players to attack those flat whipped in balls.

Diedhiou being a big guy never seems to manage to get to them. Djuric may have had the same problems. 

5 hours ago, Brooko said:

Yep. That's why he doesnt start more. Don't get me wrong, I really like his attacking intent but nothing is gained from whipping in ball after ball into a congested mixer hoping someone will get on the end of it. We are better than that. Eliasson also doesn't offer strong defensive abilities. 
LJ has to explain this away as a 'system' reason for not picking him. He's not going to knock him as a player 

Well put and I agree . Our Fammy rarely gets in front or across his marker . Albert came on and showed more Eliasson . 

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think a ball coming from that angle, despite Nic’s talent for whipping them in, is hard to get on someone’s head. Fam’s header v Reading was 50% decent movement and 50% awful defending. The box also wasn’t full. 

That was Weimann who crossed it. 

I think there is merit in that. The fullback has often committed his block and Nic could then take another touch and get a shot off. Was it QPR last season where he did that.

I still think Fam might be able to get on more crosses coming from Nic on the left wing where they are either stood up or curling away from the CBs and onto Fam’s ‘swede’.  He can generate awesome power in his headers. 

Yes you are right, it was  Weimann who got the ball in to the box and then hit the post. It was another situation that NE could have shoot, he was in a good position in front of goal but tried to pass, only Forest leg there.

23 hours ago, BobbyIsMyDad said:

Johnson says the reason Eliasson doesn’t start regularly is because he doesn’t fit the system. I’m sorry but it’s time to **** your system and find a new one where he fits it. The lack of creativity without him is painful. 

Well said son 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1