IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

Bentley - 7 - Another solid performance, couple of decent (if expected) saves.

Pedro - 6 - Defended OK and did much better getting forward, but his crosses at times were poor, need Hunt back in the side for me.

Baker - 6 - Largely steady, with some sloppy passes.

Wright - 6 - Largely steady, with a few trademark silly fouls esp. when he went up into their box.

Williams - 8 - Pick of the 3 CBs, quality defending.

Rowe - 5 - Didn't have much to do defensively and was poor going forward.

Nagy - 7 - Saw a lot of the ball and overall neat and tidy with it, faded a bit in last 20 mins.

Brownhill - 6 - Not one of his best, busy but a few overhit passes.

COD - 4 - One good run just before HT than won a corner, aside from that offered very little.

Fammy - 7 - Cleared one of the line, won a lot of defensive balls and did much better holding the ball up.

Wiemann - 6 - Usual endless running, but skied one good chance over and even in the passage of play where we hit the post he should have done better. 

SUBS:

Eliasson - 7 - Series of quality crosses as per usual, we really need to pick a formation to accommodate him starting in home games at least.

Palmer - 5 - Disappointing, hit a couple of poor cross field passes that were cut out and failed to control an Eliasson cross when ball at his feet inside the box.

Rodri - 4 - Looked way off the pace, silly fouls and hopeless attempt near the death to hit over from 8 yards out.

Bentley 7 - Did well at everything he needed to do, like not dropping a decent shot that a Forest player would have pounced on.

Pereira 5 - kept giving it away. Not getting a 4 because he did the occasional good thing on the ball, mainly linked up well with Eliasson. And mainly defended very well.

Rowe 5 - Defended solid enough, but was it him or Pereira who did a absolutely shocking mistake that they should have scored from? Apologies to Rowe on that one if it wasn't him!

But blimey his inability to get in a cross or attack the full back is really starting to annoy me. He is a WING back. How many times have we even seen him cross the ball? Didn't help when Palmer came on who was drifting inside too. We had absolutely nothing on that left side. You have Dasilva or Kelly of last season there and problem solved. Someone who offers some kind of attacking threat. I just could not believe LJ's game plan when with a man advantage is to play it to the right wing at every opportunity. Need to stretch them. Vary the attack. Keep O'Dowda on at least and keep him wide left and bring off Rowe. 

Baker 6 - Very poor on the ball. And thought he was the weakest of our centre backs defensively. Compare him to what Wright does when on a player. Grabban chests a high ball down, Baker in his back just puts out his chest that has zero affect on Grabban. What would Wright do in that situation? A lot more than that! Baker does not get tight enough and is not aggressive enough. Only shows aggression when doing a stupid two footed challenge which he didn't do today, but when he does that is not a good thing!

Wright 7 - Dealt superbly with Ameobi. Thought Pereira did very well on him too. But Wright's strength, the way he goes into players on the ball. Kind of just about passes as a legal challenge most of the time. He is a rock. And actually better than Baker at bringing it out and linking play. Yes, looks awkward, but effective enough at playing football. Those games at right back certainly helped him there.

Williams 7.5 - The best of our centre backs. Thought he got more and more solid as the game went on. His reading of the game is real top quality. Seeing something is going to happen earlier than what most centre backs do. Really tidy on the ball. I think we may need to consider playing him and Kalas in a 2 from now on once Kalas is back.

Nagy 8 - Wow, well ok I get the hype now. I know he has looked class for us before, but that was a very difficult game for him to play so well in. Forest let the likes of Baker have it so they could deny midfielders space. Very compact in there.

His ability to play it early, quickly off either foot. Always looking to move it forward. Very sharp thinker when passing it, chipping it over a players leg for example so it reaches our man. Absolute class. What a signing he is looking now.

Brownhill 6 - Difficult one to score. I don't think our tactics against their tactics helped at all. He was very quiet. Did the occasional very good thing, but had more sloppy moments than usual. Worked his socks off, but for his kind of levels it was a bad day.

O'Dowda 6.5 - Thought like Brownhill it was a tough one with little room to play. But he did drive us on at times. What a run first half. Don't know why he was subbed. Works so hard and does a bit of everything.

Weimann 6 - Close to getting a 5. I don't think he is as good as people say. Or maybe it's simply because him and Fam don't work well. We all know this, so LJ needs to stop playing those 2 together. That cross to no one first half after being sent through by Nagy kind of sums up his ability. Great run, good pace. Gets in a great position where he needs to show a bit of skill, do a trick, hold it up and wait for players to arrive. But as he hasn't really got a trick on the ball, and lacks composure too, he just crosses a ball to no one as he hasn't looked up. Chance second half he has to get over it. Kind of knew he would slice that high and wide on his left foot. 

Diedhiou 7 - Very good first 60 mins. Some of his hold up play was immense. Won headers and also defended well on corners like he always does, saving a goal on the line. Thought he struggled a bit more last 20-30. Eliasson coming on actually didn't suit him as he just doesn't get to those amazing crosses. Wasn't helped with zero service from other side though.

SUBS

Eliasson 9 - Beat his man nearly every single time. Nearly every cross was brilliant. What is impressing me is how much stronger he is looking. Is it because he is fresher than the players on him maybe? Not sure. But there were a few occasions he needed strength to come away with the ball and he certainly showed it. Been saying all season he has to start games. The guy has unreal talent.

Palmer 4 - Thought when he came on that was the wrong move. Did very little right. Not yet seen him look good when in that left sided position in a 4222, which he has played a few times now. 

Rodri 5 - Just didn't get enough of the ball. Maybe should have been sent off for a bad challenge. Overhead kick was a bit unlucky I thought.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Bentley 7 - Did well at everything he needed to do, like not dropping a decent shot that a Forest player would have pounced on.

Pereira 5 - kept giving it away. Not getting a 4 because he did the occasional good thing on the ball, mainly linked up well with Eliasson. And mainly defended very well.

Rowe 5 - Defended solid enough, but was it him or Pereira who did a absolutely shocking mistake that they should have scored from? Apologies to Rowe on that one if it wasn't him!

But blimey his inability to get in a cross or attack the full back is really starting to annoy me. He is a WING back. How many times have we even seen him cross the ball? Didn't help when Palmer came on who was drifting inside too. We had absolutely nothing on that left side. You have Dasilva or Kelly of last season there and problem solved. Someone who offers some kind of attacking threat. I just could not believe LJ's game plan when with a man advantage is to play it to the right wing at every opportunity. Need to stretch them. Vary the attack. Keep O'Dowda on at least and keep him wide left and bring off Rowe. 

Baker 6 - Very poor on the ball. And thought he was the weakest of our centre backs defensively. Compare him to what Wright does when on a player. Grabban chests a high ball down, Baker in his back just puts out his chest that has zero affect on Grabban. What would Wright do in that situation? A lot more than that! Baker does not get tight enough and is not aggressive enough. Only shows aggression when doing a stupid two footed challenge which he didn't do today, but when he does that is not a good thing!

Wright 7 - Dealt superbly with Ameobi. Thought Pereira did very well on him too. But Wright's strength, the way he goes into players on the ball. Kind of just about passes as a legal challenge most of the time. He is a rock. And actually better than Baker at bringing it out and linking play. Yes, looks awkward, but effective enough at playing football. Those games at right back certainly helped him there.

Williams 7.5 - The best of our centre backs. Thought he got more and more solid as the game went on. His reading of the game is real top quality. Seeing something is going to happen earlier than what most centre backs do. Really tidy on the ball. I think we may need to consider playing him and Kalas in a 2 from now on once Kalas is back.

Nagy 8 - Wow, well ok I get the hype now. I know he has looked class for us before, but that was a very difficult game for him to play so well in. Forest let the likes of Baker have it so they could deny midfielders space. Very compact in there.

His ability to play it early, quickly off either foot. Always looking to move it forward. Very sharp thinker when passing it, chipping it over a players leg for example so it reaches our man. Absolute class. What a signing he is looking now.

Brownhill 6 - Difficult one to score. I don't think our tactics matched with their tactics helped at all. He was very quiet. Did the occasional very good thing, but had more sloppy moments than usual. Worked his socks off, but for his kind of levels it was a bad day.

O'Dowda 6.5 - Thought like Brownhill it was a tough one with little room to play. But he did drive us on at times. What a run first half. Don't know why he was subbed. Works so hard and does a bit of everything.

Weimann 6 - Close to getting a 5. I don't think he is as good as people say. Or maybe it's simply because him and Fam don't work well. We all know this, so LJ needs to stop playing those 2 together. That cross to no one first half after being sent through by Nagy kind of sums up his ability. Great run, good pace. Gets in a great position where he needs to show a bit of skill, do a trick, hold it up and wait for players to arrive. But as he hasn't really got a trick on the ball, and lacks composure too, he just crosses a ball to no one as he hasn't looked up. Chance second half he has to get over it. Kind of knew he would slice that high and wide on his left foot. 

Diedhiou 7 - Very good first 60 mins. Some of his hold up play was immense. Won headers and also defended well on corners like he always does, saving a goal on the line. Thought he struggled a bit more last 20-30. Eliasson coming on actually didn't suit him as he just doesn't get to those amazing crosses. Wasn't helped with zero service from other side though.

SUBS

Eliasson 9 - Beat his man nearly every single time. Nearly every cross was brilliant. What is impressing me is how much stronger he is looking. Is it because he is fresher than the players on him maybe? Not sure. But there were a few occasions he needed strength to come away with the ball and he certainly showed it. Been saying all season he has to start games. The guy has unreal talent.

Palmer 4 - Thought when he came on that was the wrong move. Did very little right. Not yet seen him look good when in that left sided position in a 4222, which he has played a few times now. 

Rodri 5 - Just didn't get enough of the ball. Maybe should have been sent off for a bad challenge. Overhead kick was a bit unlucky I thought.

We were deffo a more attacking offering the second Eliasson came on ... made a big impact 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Seriously, thought he was his usual anonymous self in that ACM role today. Yes one really good run just before HT, er… that's it. For me, we should have lowered our asking price and got rid in the summer.

18 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's because Johnson likes players with energy. Sadly, in our case energy doesn't really translate to goals

For me he has no energy in the defensive. When he gets the ball most of the times he runs with it and looking on the ground. Most of the time he has no end product. He seldom score and have few assists even if he start most of the games. Vs Cardiff i think he was good but that is rare.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Seriously, thought he was his usual anonymous self in that ACM role today. Yes one really good run just before HT, er… that's it. For me, we should have lowered our asking price and got rid in the summer.

I think his work rate in that midfield is immense. Really does a bit of everything for me. Maybe one of those managers love and fans not so much.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Brownhill 6 - Difficult one to score. I don't think our tactics against their tactics helped at all. He was very quiet. Did the occasional very good thing, but had more sloppy moments than usual. Worked his socks off, but for his kind of levels it was a bad day.

SUBS

Square peg, round hole.

He’s no wing back, he’s a CM playing a position that we have no cover in. Credit where credits is due he’s been solid for us. 

Free transfer!

Just now, RedRobin96 said:

Square peg, round hole.

He’s no wing back, he’s a CM playing a position that we have no cover in. Credit where credits is due he’s been solid for us. 

Free transfer!

I can't sit there during the game and see a wing back offering no width whatsoever and keep saying it doesn't matter because he was a free transfer.

47 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Seriously,  you are watching a different game. Should never have gone off. Nagy has to go once they were down to 10 men. Offers little going forward. 

4 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

What does COD offer? 

LJ his P45 if he doesn’t start to deliver soon.

Baffling to me that we offered a lucrative new contract, unless a sale is lined up in January. I really just don’t get him ... another of LJs busy achieving **** all  bees. Not only has failed to progress (ala Patto et al) , he never really got started aside from a couple of decent games and a worldie goal.

The guy owes a massive rest-of-season to justify LJs faith in him. As Johnson Snr would say, we need players who affect games. For me, he is a light-weight passenger in most. Telling that after around 3 years with us, I still have no idea what his ‘best’ position is. 

Anyhow, let’s see him go out and put a devastating, dominant, goal-scoring display against WBA. 

40 minutes ago, RedRock said:

LJ his P45 if he doesn’t start to deliver soon.

Baffling to me that we offered a lucrative new contract, unless a sale is lined up in January. I really just don’t get him ... another of LJs busy achieving **** all  bees. Not only has failed to progress (ala Patto et al) , he never really got started aside from a couple of decent games and a worldie goal.

The guy owes a massive rest-of-season to justify LJs faith in him. As Johnson Snr would say, we need players who affect games. For me, he is a light-weight passenger in most. Telling that after around 3 years with us, I still have no idea what his ‘best’ position is. 

Anyhow, let’s see him go out and put a devastating, dominant, goal-scoring display against WBA. 

He never seems to want to drive forward with the ball. So frustrating to watch, and doesn’t assist or score anywhere near enough, and as you say, to my eye doesn’t effect the game at all. 
KP has to start ahead of him in that role, also Szmodics deserves a chance ahead of COD. 

woudnt be at all upset should COD be sold in Jan but can’t see it myself. 

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think his work rate in that midfield is immense. Really does a bit of everything for me. Maybe one of those managers love and fans not so much.

Today, his workrate reminded me of Paterson, always a yard further away from where he needed to be to press / tackle / intercept.  It gives an impression of graft, but today it was passive.  Way down the levels from Cardiff, where he was good.

Brownhill had a poor game today too.

For me Williams our best player today.  

Archived