IGNORED

One trick pony

BCFCinNW6

3 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

We literally only have one attacking plan in our locker - give it to Eliasson and welly it into the box. If opposition teams can nullify that they can be sure that City won’t score against them. 

Why do we have to cross everything? 

Don't need opposing teams to nullify it. LJ nullifies it by not picking him

It was frustrating to watch especially as they were down to 10 and at least 2 of those 10 were on Eliasson every time he got the ball. We had half an hour to work out a way to use that to our advantage but failed. That said, I thought Forest defended very well. 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t go saying non positive things about LJ or you will have @JamesBCFC and the like on your back

Wow, you're a liar now.

Or at least back up and show where I said LJ got it right today- here's a hint for you. I didn't

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Haha he can do no wrong in some people's eyes

Again, incorrect. But it's for you to easy lie.

2 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

It was frustrating to watch especially as they were down to 10 and at least 2 of those 10 were on Eliasson every time he got the ball. We had half an hour to work out a way to use that to our advantage but failed. That said, I thought Forest defended very well. 

Thought LJ should have switched Eliasson to lhs, after they started doubling up on him on rhs.

16 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

We literally only have one attacking plan in our locker - give it to Eliasson and welly it into the box. If opposition teams can nullify that they can be sure that City won’t score against them. Painful. 

Exactly... Eliasson punts plenty into the box...but we don't score.

We may as well do a Warnock.

So much football played in two thirds...last third dreadful.

We are a top ten side playing on the side of caution.

We may fluke it..

We may not 

The longer you are in this league, the more you become ' steady';

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

You suggested that if anyone says something remotely negative about LJ I would immediately on their back.

That's simply not true, I will counter people who go OTT. Like the fool who thinks the season is over in November.

He may be right and he’s allowed his view surely without the all seeing eye of you saying you know better 

The double sub was strange. I agreed with the changes but once they went on, EVERYTHING went through Eliasson and NOTHING went through Palmer. 

I don’t think Palmer touched it for 15 mins after he came on!! 

Most disappointing though was Brownhill’s ability to pick a pass. Either overhit, underhit, wrong decisions. Terrible. Weight of pass awful. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Liar 

Ah, you worked out what you are at last.

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He may be right and he’s allowed his view surely without the all seeing eye of you saying you know better 

If he is allowed his view, I am allowed to say mine. 

After all, that's what freedom of speech is.

It's not just a one way thing for you to moan about when someone provides a counter to what you want to hear.

Firstly how do you do that thing were you can stop seeing quotations of blocked posters, I believe that’s a new feature?

Forest played well. We didn't have a great deal in the first half to trouble them. Bloke got sent off, it happens, we adjusted, but couldn’t find a winner.

Elliason was erratic today, several really good crosses one or two poor ones, but Rodri had a very decent chance and missed.

Our problem remains the same, we miss Afobi. Fam is to static and we hardly found Weimann, however take nothing away from NF who are in form, they did their job...thus stop crying about not beating ten men we have a huge game on Wednesday and another Saturday. 

if that helps anyone!?

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah, you worked out what you are at last.

If he is allowed his view, I am allowed to say mine. 

After all, that's what freedom of speech is.

It's not just a one way thing for you to moan about when someone provides a counter to what you want to hear.

Didn’t think freedom of speech was allowed in this country anymore 

Got the subs wrong. Eliasson being that dangerous on the right, surely you need something on the left too? 

What did Rowe offer all game, but particularly when they were down to 10? Did we stretch them? No. Rowe and Baker linking up on that left has been painful to watch.

I would have kept O'Dowda on and played him as an attacking left back. 

Also we know Palmer and Diedhiou never play well in same side. The reason Palmer looked so good against Charlton was because Fam had been sent off, and we had players that suit Palmer's game ahead of him.

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Got the subs wrong. Eliasson being that dangerous on the right, surely you need something on the left too? 

What did Rowe offer all game, but particularly when they were down to 10? Did we stretch them? No. Rowe and Baker linking up on that left has been painful to watch.

Also we know Palmer and Diedhiou never play well in same side. The reason Palmer looked so good against Charlton was because Fam had been sent off, and we had players that suit Palmer's game ahead of him.

True. I thought it was the right subs to make, at the time. But in hindsight we lacked balance after the change, so I agree with you there. 
I think the brave thing to do would have been to take Brownhill off instead and went with Nagy/Palmer in the middle and still had 2 wide men. 

We’ve been pretty rubbish at home for quite a long time now - it’s boring and predictable. Yet some on here still fiercely protect our home form, especially the poster who has quoted our home record this season on here several times ... conveniently starting from the game after the home defeat to Leeds - you know who you are! ??

It ain’t much fun at the moment, but we still seem to be lingering around the top six - it’s a pretty even/weak division this season

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The double sub was strange. I agreed with the changes but once they went on, EVERYTHING went through Eliasson and NOTHING went through Palmer. 

I don’t think Palmer touched it for 15 mins after he came on!! 

Most disappointing though was Brownhill’s ability to pick a pass. Either overhit, underhit, wrong decisions. Terrible. Weight of pass awful. 

Although I don’t think O’Dowda has a great game today (on the periphery too much, apart from one run), I thought it was crying out for the diamond when they went down to 10 men.  Nagy at the base, Josh right, Callum left, and Kasey at the point.  I think he tried to go 4222, but we got the ball down the right so often it became a right lop-sided 442.  They did what we do, force the ball wide out of danger.  We needed to play inside the lines of the 18 yard box, with our fullbacks giving an overlap if needed.  I would’ve given that 10 minutes before going for Eliasson.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

It was too slow 1st half, granted.  And Rowe had a couple of chances to receive and dart forward, but he didn’t.  Second half, very different, Baker fed him quicker, and Rowe took the ball forward, establishing our position into their final third, before engaging the rest of our team.  I think you’re expecting him to try and play like a winger.  That’s not his role.  He provided with, and again got in at the back stick twice, once Baker took it off him, second, he messed up his header.

One other thing to be mindful of is typically a LWB would have a striker making good runs.  However, Rowe is hamstrung by Diedhiou often being the left-sided striker....the options to give and go with Fam, or tuck one round the corner are virtually non-existent.  Look what extra movement we get on the other side through Weimann.  I think you need to look beyond Rowe as your constant gripe.  He gets slow service in the main from Baker and little option from Diedhiou.  They are a big factor in why Rowe may not be as expansive as you’d like.

But it’s your opinion, fair enough.  Let’s just see whether Jay Dasilva gives you similar frustrations on his return.  Don’t forget he had the superb Adam Webster on his side of the field last season, and that created wonderful options to be expressive, because Webster could draw players away to give Jay the space.  Don’t get we wrong Dasilva is an upgrade on Rowe at LB/LWB.

2 hours ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

We literally only have one attacking plan in our locker - give it to Eliasson and welly it into the box. If opposition teams can nullify that they can be sure that City won’t score against them. Painful. 

His crosses are a bit better than someone just wellying it into the box. Yes, there were a couple of poorer ones, but equally there were a few quality in swinging crosses that again deserved someone to be there to take advantage. And this in how many minutes on the pitch?

Archived