IGNORED

Adam Nagy

BCFCGav

Ever the optimist, I’m so pleased he’s back. Not a coincidence we’ve had two clean sheets since he’s been back. Always running, always showing for the ball, always popping up when we’re in danger. Not as good as pre-injury yet but that just means an 8 instead of a 9. Top, top player.

He made a few errors again today, but I totally agree he is very influential on this team. And I agree with the above, we need Massengo back in. We look less classy without him. O'Dowda loses out I'm afraid.

Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill- the midfield we need to see.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

He made a few errors again today, but I totally agree he is very influential on this team. And I agree with the above, we need Massengo back in. We look less classy without him. O'Dowda loses out I'm afraid.

Today O'dowda was really anonymous today.  I cannot really fathom out what he is and his best position.But agree Massengo Nagy & Brownhill our best midfield . Despite the love in for Korey is he going to be a starter ?  

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

Too defensive in a team that couldn’t score against 10? Unless you'd then incorporate an Eliasson figure to liven the forwards up.

Yeah I thought he looked really good again tbh.  Moves the ball well and just generally has great presence on the pitch.

Probably one of the reasons Brownhill was a bit quieter though as he took a lot of the play that Brownhill otherwise would've had.

42 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

yep, massive upgrade on Pack.  As you say let's get him back up to speed. 

Pulled the strings in midfield today and got us playing but needs like minded players around him to read his passes and movement, a fit Korey Smith in there with him would make for a very good pair and allow Brownhill to push on more

I thought Nagy was class today yet GMcGface gave him a 6 in the Post.

Glad it wasn't just me that was impressed. Yeah he made the odd error but was constantly making himself available in space. He could be really important to us if he stays fit and gets fully back up to speed.

Why COD gets picked otoh is a mystery to me 

47 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Too defensive in a team that couldn’t score against 10? Unless you'd then incorporate an Eliasson figure to liven the forwards up.

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

Not for me. 
His crosses create a sense of panic from all angles. What we didnt have was any movement in the box. Dave standing still a lot not attacking them. Only for some poor heading ( Rowe ), we’d be talking about yet another assist. 
He has to start home games. He tears his full back apart mostly all the time. Such a shame we never got a fit Djuric. He’d be lapping up these crosses big time. 

Looks a class player and above anything we have in the squad.

Hopefully the more he plays, the more quick link up play and give and go's he'll create with other players. Get the impression he and Palmer would play well together given enough game time. Id like to see him in a more forward position tbh, think he's wasted as predominantly a defensive mid.

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not for me. 
His crosses create a sense of panic from all angles. What we didnt have was any movement in the box. Dave standing still a lot not attacking them. Only for some poor heading ( Rowe ), we’d be talking about yet another assist. 
He has to start home games. He tears his full back apart mostly all the time. Such a shame we never got a fit Djuric. He’d be lapping up these crosses big time. 

Fair comments Nickolas.  Doesn’t need to be a 6’3” striker either.  Good movement is sometimes enough.  Look at the headers Owen scored from Beckham crosses.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t disagree with you, but the lack of penetration on the other wing doesn’t help.

Jay would have had a field day today given the space available, and would have taken the pressure off Eliasson, who is expected to deliver every time.

Talking about straight crosses, how many times did we try to ‘cross’ from the centre of the field?

Probably the most difficult pass in the game, only Hoddle had that one in his bag. 

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Wouldn’t disagree with you, but the lack of penetration on the other wing doesn’t help.

Jay would have had a field day today given the space available, and would have taken the pressure off Eliasson, who is expected to deliver every time.

Talking about straight crosses, how many times did we try to ‘cross’ from the centre of the field?

Probably the most difficult pass in the game, only Hoddle had that one in his bag. 

??????

Thought it was a shame how often he was completely free and had an empty ten yard circle around him, yet Williams and Baker seemed intent on completely ignoring him and going side to side and backwards. 

Always looking to go forwards but playing in a team seemingly coached to do it as little as possible ?

Too good for some of those who are around him ....

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Thought it was a shame how often he was completely free and had an empty ten yard circle around him, yet Williams and Baker seemed intent on completely ignoring him and going side to side and backwards. 

Always looking to go forwards but playing in a team seemingly coached to do it as little as possible ?

Too good for some of those who are around him ....

I've this horrible feeling that we might end up wasting this guy's talents.
Stood out for me today.

Twice Nagy chipped a pass to our player just over a Forest players leg who was blocking the path or 'passing lane'.

Such an intelligent player with such fantastic technique.

I was never Pack's biggest fan because I felt we needed more of what Nagy brings.

Archived