IGNORED

Adam Nagy

BCFCGav

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Twice Nagy chipped a pass to our player just over a Forest players leg who was blocking the path or 'passing lane'.

Such an intelligent player with such fantastic technique.

I was never Pack's biggest fan because I felt we needed more of what Nagy brings.

the name's Nagy, Adam Nagy... I'm good btw, very good

how could anyone not see that this guy is the dog's bollocks

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

I think it would help if we had more players getting into the box trying to get on the end of his crosses.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

With respect bollocks @Davefevs who I happen to really like :laugh:

NE puts in every possible ball into the box.. unfortunately we have very few hungry attack minded players in the box when they come in there

Again, due to the tactics for me

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Not for me. 
His crosses create a sense of panic from all angles. What we didnt have was any movement in the box. Dave standing still a lot not attacking them. Only for some poor heading ( Rowe ), we’d be talking about yet another assist. 
He has to start home games. He tears his full back apart mostly all the time. Such a shame we never got a fit Djuric. He’d be lapping up these crosses big time. 

That was a Brownhill cross in that instant, but I agree with what you say

5 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Today O'dowda was really anonymous today.  I cannot really fathom out what he is and his best position.But agree Massengo Nagy & Brownhill our best midfield . Despite the love in for Korey is he going to be a starter ?  

Korey is better than Massengo and possibly Brownhill, so a definite starter for me

40 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

NE puts in every possible ball into the box.. unfortunately we have very few hungry attack minded players in the box when they come in there

Hey, that’s fine.

He’s a solution and a problem all in one.  Personally I’d prefer him on the left.  For the amount of time he spends on his natural (left) side, he’s more productive.  Could he have played left of a midfield 3 today, in Callum’s place?  Options to go wide or run central?  I don’t know.  We needed more impact from Callum today undoubtedly.  One run first half, was about it.  Too often a yard away from being able to influence or press.  Cardiff, Callum was much better.

Back to Nic....same with Palmer....not given a run of starts to build cohesion / consistency.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hey, that’s fine.

He’s a solution and a problem all in one.  Personally I’d prefer him on the left.  For the amount of time he spends on his natural (left) side, he’s more productive.  Could he have played left of a midfield 3 today, in Callum’s place?  Options to go wide or run central?  I don’t know.  We needed more impact from Callum today undoubtedly.  One run first half, was about it.  Too often a yard away from being able to influence or press.  Cardiff, Callum was much better.

Back to Nic....same with Palmer....not given a run of starts to build cohesion / consistency.

Eliasson - always dangerous because he engineers the opportunity to get the ball into the box. BUT needs more variety - it’s always the same ball. And I can’t understand why he doesn’t simply shoot more often. If he got closer and hit his “crosses” at the goal, he'd score quite a few. Also, if he dribbled into the box more, he could win a few penalties.

Nagy - glad everyone is agreeing how good he was. Lost the ball a few times, but only because he was attempting ambitious forward moves.

A small observation, but I like how he takes lots of touches and makes small adjustments to his position as a result. He's also pretty quick. I liked Pack but I don't remember him being quite as industrious, always looked to release the ball quickly - perhaps due to his lack of pace. I think our style benefits from having quicker players throughout the team.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Forget his talent, just how good was it to see somebody WANTING the ball instead of hiding in plain sight ( perm any 5 of our midfield these past three years.) No pointing, no 'give it to him' simply I want it.....

Also nice to see someone who gets the ball  and turn his marker and runs direct forward instead of constantly passing back or side wards. 

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

Eliasson - always dangerous because he engineers the opportunity to get the ball into the box. BUT needs more variety - it’s always the same ball. And I can’t understand why he doesn’t simply shoot more often. If he got closer and hit his “crosses” at the goal, he'd score quite a few. Also, if he dribbled into the box more, he could win a few penalties.

Nagy - glad everyone is agreeing how good he was. Lost the ball a few times, but only because he was attempting ambitious forward moves.

Yep, this backs it up. 63/69 successful passes.  There are probably only 5 or 6 passes that are what we might call “back passes” too.  

38C53739-D6DE-47C6-9640-942EF1B09B6B.thumb.jpeg.cf8b154cb860bd9557525c8d410aeba6.jpeg

Not sure if it’s been said yet - but what I like about Nagy being back is that for me, he is probably the best “quarter back” we have in the squad and him playing releases Brownhill to play higher up the pitch and have a greater influence. 

We saw glimpses of that yesterday, Josh I hope will settle into this role and start getting more goals and assists. 

Nagy at times worked the deep midfield to create space exceptionally well, the shame was the good work he did wasn’t capitalised on by the rest of the team enough to create chances.

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agree apart from your last point.  Unfortunately neither Weimann nor Diedhiou are fox in the box type players.  That's nothing to do with tactics, they just don't gamble on getting into the spaces that Eliasson delivers to.  Someone like Tammy would fill his boots from Eliasson's crosses.

I thought Rhodri would get into those positions but somehow those types of crosses dried up once he came on.  ?

32 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Agree apart from your last point.  Unfortunately neither Weimann nor Diedhiou are fox in the box type players.  That's nothing to do with tactics, they just don't gamble on getting into the spaces that Eliasson delivers to.  Someone like Tammy would fill his boots from Eliasson's crosses.

I thought Rhodri would get into those positions but somehow those types of crosses dried up once he came on.  ?

I said when Weimann came off, even though he was not playing very well, he should have brought Diedhiou off and had Rodri and Weimann offering more movement for Eliasson. Fam being big and strong doesn't make a lot of difference if he can't get to Eliasson's crosses.

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Twice Nagy chipped a pass to our player just over a Forest players leg who was blocking the path or 'passing lane'.

Such an intelligent player with such fantastic technique.

I was never Pack's biggest fan because I felt we needed more of what Nagy brings.

That little chip (3rd or 4th pass in) is what you mean isn’t it.  Spotted it too.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That little chip (3rd or 4th pass in) is what you mean isn’t it.  Spotted it too.

There were quite a few short chipped passes. I was thinking of one first half, and one second half. The one in the second half pretty much right in front of me on the touchline just looked so good from the angle I was at. And the first half I am not sure which one out of the two I was thinking of now, but what a classy player. Surely having such a player in our midfield, we should be able to play a more expansive game.

On 23/11/2019 at 18:28, DT The Optimist said:

Today O'dowda was really anonymous today.  I cannot really fathom out what he is and his best position.But agree Massengo Nagy & Brownhill our best midfield . Despite the love in for Korey is he going to be a starter ?  

O'Dowda. Run with ball. Stop. Turn to face own goal. 

Repeat. 

On 24/11/2019 at 10:41, Leveller said:

I don't mind if players lose it now and again when they are at least trying to be positive, I also wouldn't mind if it costs us the odd goal either if we generally see some fast attacking play which in turn should get us more points than we give away.

On 23/11/2019 at 18:28, DT The Optimist said:

Based on what I’ve seen over the last few seasons or so, absolutely. 

Archived