Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BCFCGav

Adam Nagy

Just now, nickolas said:

Looking forward to slotting him alongside Smith too. 
Might give LJ the freedom to actually pick Eliasson and KP for some creativity. 

If we picked both Nagy and Smith, how would you line up?

Just now, nickolas said:

Looking forward to slotting him alongside Smith too. 
Might give LJ the freedom to actually pick Eliasson and KP for some creativity. 

Would rather see him play alongside Massengo and allow Brownhill more attack play.

• Like 2

He looked pretty good to me today and will only improve the more he plays. I was particularly impressed with quick feet. Got himself out of trouble with his skills at least twice,

• Like 4

He made a few errors again today, but I totally agree he is very influential on this team. And I agree with the above, we need Massengo back in. We look less classy without him. O'Dowda loses out I'm afraid.

Nagy, Massengo, Brownhill- the midfield we need to see.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, mozo said:

He made a few errors again today, but I totally agree he is very influential on this team. And I agree with the above, we need Massengo back in. We look less classy without him. O'Dowda loses out I'm afraid.

Today O'dowda was really anonymous today.  I cannot really fathom out what he is and his best position.But agree Massengo Nagy & Brownhill our best midfield . Despite the love in for Korey is he going to be a starter ?  

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

Too defensive in a team that couldn’t score against 10? Unless you'd then incorporate an Eliasson figure to liven the forwards up.

• Like 1

Yeah I thought he looked really good again tbh.  Moves the ball well and just generally has great presence on the pitch.

Probably one of the reasons Brownhill was a bit quieter though as he took a lot of the play that Brownhill otherwise would've had.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

yep, massive upgrade on Pack.  As you say let's get him back up to speed. 

Pulled the strings in midfield today and got us playing but needs like minded players around him to read his passes and movement, a fit Korey Smith in there with him would make for a very good pair and allow Brownhill to push on more

39 minutes ago, daored said:

If we picked both Nagy and Smith, how would you line up?

hunt kalas williams dasilva

smith nagy

brownhill kp eliasson

dave weimann

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought Nagy was class today yet GMcGface gave him a 6 in the Post.

Glad it wasn't just me that was impressed. Yeah he made the odd error but was constantly making himself available in space. He could be really important to us if he stays fit and gets fully back up to speed.

Why COD gets picked otoh is a mystery to me 

He showed some lovely skills today - that pass round the corner to set Andi away in the first half was sublime and when he nicked the ball of their bloke on the half way line I was out of my seat clapping. I`ve no idea how he manages to have so much space but does.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nickolas said:

hunt kalas williams dasilva

smith nagy

brownhill kp eliasson

dave weimann

Dave weimann is my mix of both, so hoping for some height, pace and a few goals! 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Too defensive in a team that couldn’t score against 10? Unless you'd then incorporate an Eliasson figure to liven the forwards up.

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Eliasson did ok today, but I’ve said before his crosses from the right create a lot of excitement, but not enough end up in goals (yes I know he has 6 assists, but only one has come from an open play cross from the right!).  He isn’t the saviour for me, but all about opinions.

Today, they forced his crosses from straighter and straighter positions, negating the impact.  He’s got to learn to take his player further down the touchline upon receipt of the ball, before checking back....and occasionally go on his right too.

Not for me. 
His crosses create a sense of panic from all angles. What we didnt have was any movement in the box. Dave standing still a lot not attacking them. Only for some poor heading ( Rowe ), we’d be talking about yet another assist. 
He has to start home games. He tears his full back apart mostly all the time. Such a shame we never got a fit Djuric. He’d be lapping up these crosses big time. 

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 4

Looks a class player and above anything we have in the squad.

Hopefully the more he plays, the more quick link up play and give and go's he'll create with other players. Get the impression he and Palmer would play well together given enough game time. Id like to see him in a more forward position tbh, think he's wasted as predominantly a defensive mid.

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Not for me. 
His crosses create a sense of panic from all angles. What we didnt have was any movement in the box. Dave standing still a lot not attacking them. Only for some poor heading ( Rowe ), we’d be talking about yet another assist. 
He has to start home games. He tears his full back apart mostly all the time. Such a shame we never got a fit Djuric. He’d be lapping up these crosses big time. 

Fair comments Nickolas.  Doesn’t need to be a 6’3” striker either.  Good movement is sometimes enough.  Look at the headers Owen scored from Beckham crosses.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t disagree with you, but the lack of penetration on the other wing doesn’t help.

Jay would have had a field day today given the space available, and would have taken the pressure off Eliasson, who is expected to deliver every time.

Talking about straight crosses, how many times did we try to ‘cross’ from the centre of the field?

Probably the most difficult pass in the game, only Hoddle had that one in his bag. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Wouldn’t disagree with you, but the lack of penetration on the other wing doesn’t help.

Jay would have had a field day today given the space available, and would have taken the pressure off Eliasson, who is expected to deliver every time.

Talking about straight crosses, how many times did we try to ‘cross’ from the centre of the field?

Probably the most difficult pass in the game, only Hoddle had that one in his bag. 

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Thought it was a shame how often he was completely free and had an empty ten yard circle around him, yet Williams and Baker seemed intent on completely ignoring him and going side to side and backwards. 

Always looking to go forwards but playing in a team seemingly coached to do it as little as possible 🙄

Too good for some of those who are around him ....

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Thought it was a shame how often he was completely free and had an empty ten yard circle around him, yet Williams and Baker seemed intent on completely ignoring him and going side to side and backwards. 

Always looking to go forwards but playing in a team seemingly coached to do it as little as possible 🙄

Too good for some of those who are around him ....

I've this horrible feeling that we might end up wasting this guy's talents.
Stood out for me today.

• Like 2

Twice Nagy chipped a pass to our player just over a Forest players leg who was blocking the path or 'passing lane'.

Such an intelligent player with such fantastic technique.

I was never Pack's biggest fan because I felt we needed more of what Nagy brings.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Twice Nagy chipped a pass to our player just over a Forest players leg who was blocking the path or 'passing lane'.

I was never Pack's biggest fan because I felt we needed more of what Nagy brings.

the name's Nagy, Adam Nagy... I'm good btw, very good

how could anyone not see that this guy is the dog's bollocks

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it would help if we had more players getting into the box trying to get on the end of his crosses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With respect bollocks @Davefevs who I happen to really like :laugh:

NE puts in every possible ball into the box.. unfortunately we have very few hungry attack minded players in the box when they come in there

Again, due to the tactics for me

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Not for me. 

That was a Brownhill cross in that instant, but I agree with what you say

4 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

He moves the ball quickly and more importantly looks to  get the ball moving forward. 

Going to be very important. 

He also almost always gives the player a ball that he is running onto which improves the momentum of the move.

Edited by Port Said Red

5 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Today O'dowda was really anonymous today.  I cannot really fathom out what he is and his best position.But agree Massengo Nagy & Brownhill our best midfield . Despite the love in for Korey is he going to be a starter ?  

Korey is better than Massengo and possibly Brownhill, so a definite starter for me

40 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

NE puts in every possible ball into the box.. unfortunately we have very few hungry attack minded players in the box when they come in there

Hey, that’s fine.

He’s a solution and a problem all in one.  Personally I’d prefer him on the left.  For the amount of time he spends on his natural (left) side, he’s more productive.  Could he have played left of a midfield 3 today, in Callum’s place?  Options to go wide or run central?  I don’t know.  We needed more impact from Callum today undoubtedly.  One run first half, was about it.  Too often a yard away from being able to influence or press.  Cardiff, Callum was much better.

Back to Nic....same with Palmer....not given a run of starts to build cohesion / consistency.

Amazing praise on this thread for a player who is “homesick”, “unreliable”, “needs to go in January”, and “should be sacked for playing for his country”.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hey, that’s fine.

He’s a solution and a problem all in one.  Personally I’d prefer him on the left.  For the amount of time he spends on his natural (left) side, he’s more productive.  Could he have played left of a midfield 3 today, in Callum’s place?  Options to go wide or run central?  I don’t know.  We needed more impact from Callum today undoubtedly.  One run first half, was about it.  Too often a yard away from being able to influence or press.  Cardiff, Callum was much better.

Back to Nic....same with Palmer....not given a run of starts to build cohesion / consistency.

Eliasson - always dangerous because he engineers the opportunity to get the ball into the box. BUT needs more variety - it’s always the same ball. And I can’t understand why he doesn’t simply shoot more often. If he got closer and hit his “crosses” at the goal, he'd score quite a few. Also, if he dribbled into the box more, he could win a few penalties.

Nagy - glad everyone is agreeing how good he was. Lost the ball a few times, but only because he was attempting ambitious forward moves.

• Like 2

Forget his talent, just how good was it to see somebody WANTING the ball instead of hiding in plain sight ( perm any 5 of our midfield these past three years.) No pointing, no 'give it to him' simply I want it.....

• Like 3

A small observation, but I like how he takes lots of touches and makes small adjustments to his position as a result. He's also pretty quick. I liked Pack but I don't remember him being quite as industrious, always looked to release the ball quickly - perhaps due to his lack of pace. I think our style benefits from having quicker players throughout the team.

• Like 2

Excellent signing. Showed ambition every time he got the ball, yet managed possession very carefully, seemed reluctant to give it away. Needs more movement around him, more options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Forget his talent, just how good was it to see somebody WANTING the ball instead of hiding in plain sight ( perm any 5 of our midfield these past three years.) No pointing, no 'give it to him' simply I want it.....

Also nice to see someone who gets the ball  and turn his marker and runs direct forward instead of constantly passing back or side wards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

Eliasson - always dangerous because he engineers the opportunity to get the ball into the box. BUT needs more variety - it’s always the same ball. And I can’t understand why he doesn’t simply shoot more often. If he got closer and hit his “crosses” at the goal, he'd score quite a few. Also, if he dribbled into the box more, he could win a few penalties.

Nagy - glad everyone is agreeing how good he was. Lost the ball a few times, but only because he was attempting ambitious forward moves.

Yep, this backs it up. 63/69 successful passes.  There are probably only 5 or 6 passes that are what we might call “back passes” too.  

38C53739-D6DE-47C6-9640-942EF1B09B6B.thumb.jpeg.cf8b154cb860bd9557525c8d410aeba6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it’s been said yet - but what I like about Nagy being back is that for me, he is probably the best “quarter back” we have in the squad and him playing releases Brownhill to play higher up the pitch and have a greater influence. 

We saw glimpses of that yesterday, Josh I hope will settle into this role and start getting more goals and assists. 

Nagy at times worked the deep midfield to create space exceptionally well, the shame was the good work he did wasn’t capitalised on by the rest of the team enough to create chances.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Agree apart from your last point.  Unfortunately neither Weimann nor Diedhiou are fox in the box type players.  That's nothing to do with tactics, they just don't gamble on getting into the spaces that Eliasson delivers to.  Someone like Tammy would fill his boots from Eliasson's crosses.

I thought Rhodri would get into those positions but somehow those types of crosses dried up once he came on.  🤔

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedSkin said:

Agree apart from your last point.  Unfortunately neither Weimann nor Diedhiou are fox in the box type players.  That's nothing to do with tactics, they just don't gamble on getting into the spaces that Eliasson delivers to.  Someone like Tammy would fill his boots from Eliasson's crosses.

I thought Rhodri would get into those positions but somehow those types of crosses dried up once he came on.  🤔

I said when Weimann came off, even though he was not playing very well, he should have brought Diedhiou off and had Rodri and Weimann offering more movement for Eliasson. Fam being big and strong doesn't make a lot of difference if he can't get to Eliasson's crosses.

19 hours ago, JonDolman said:

That little chip (3rd or 4th pass in) is what you mean isn’t it.  Spotted it too.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That little chip (3rd or 4th pass in) is what you mean isn’t it.  Spotted it too.

There were quite a few short chipped passes. I was thinking of one first half, and one second half. The one in the second half pretty much right in front of me on the touchline just looked so good from the angle I was at. And the first half I am not sure which one out of the two I was thinking of now, but what a classy player. Surely having such a player in our midfield, we should be able to play a more expansive game.

• Like 2