IGNORED

The last time we played well?

scrumpy88

I honestly can’t think of the last time I’ve come away from a game thinking we’ve played well. Its all boring and predictable football. 

We must be an opposition managers dream as we are so easy to play against. 

Theres no fluency to our game just the same boring side to side football week after week 

10 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

I honestly can’t think of the last time I’ve come away from a game thinking we’ve played well. Its all boring and predictable football. 

Theres no fluency to our game just the same boring side to side football week after week 

Welcome to championship top 6 football.

Look at all the team's and season's before  

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Welcome to championship top 6 football.

Look at all the team's and season's before  

Championship “Top 6” football where the Manager sets up at home like an away team because he is that terrified of Nottingham Forest? That is literally what we did for 45 minutes today. Not moaning about the result tbh but that first half was the first time this season I’ve seriously questioned what the Manager was doing. It’s not what I want to watch on a long term basis, I know that much.......

28 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

We've lost just 2 league games this season. Only Leeds can better that.

Results over Performance every time.

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

For me, really well at Preston (draw, only thanks to shocking reffing)

Agree we played well at Preston. The draw was a poor result that didn't reflect the performance. 

I'd also flag Blackburn away last season.

But OP is fair in that we've not really string together a sequence of effective and good performances for nearly a year.

22 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We've lost just 2 league games this season. Only Leeds can better that.

Results over Performance every time.

I have to reluctantly agree with you IF the end justifies the means, however today I was bored stiff, and I think the vast majority of home fans were as well.

if that point gets us in the play offs then so be it, if it doesn’t then maybe LJ may need a rethink, if he’s still with us.

Like people have said above, a game from the season before last (discounting away games)!!!

Ive really not looked forward to attending home games for the last two seasons now. For me the football is lacking so much in entertainment. If anyone can put there finger on the reason, Id be interested to know, its way above my knowledge and understanding of football, but can assure you one thing, the excitement of the football on offer at the mo is struggling to even match some of the stuff we had to put up with in league one for decades.

24 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Like people have said above, a game from the season before last (discounting away games)!!!

Ive really not looked forward to attending home games for the last two seasons now. For me the football is lacking so much in entertainment. If anyone can put there finger on the reason, Id be interested to know, its way above my knowledge and understanding of football, but can assure you one thing, the excitement of the football on offer at the mo is struggling to even match some of the stuff we had to put up with in league one for decades.

I really admire your honesty and stoicism because I've been a supporter for over 50 years and you've summed it up perfectly. Too many people on here have rose tinted glasses. 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, shelts said:

At the end of the day it’s points that matter. I like to be entertained, it takes two teams, and today both of em couldn’t manage it . Maybe the shackles will come off next year 

Jam tomorrow.....  it seems to be a long time since there was a general consensus that the football on offer, especially at home, was enjoyable, if we were winning it might make it more bearable, but bore draws aren’t particularly useful or entertaining.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On the other hand, it could be argued that our conversion rate is or was unnaturally high and a levelling out will see us dropping more points, scoring less goals.

I hope not but it could happen!

Or our chance creation levels out - upward ?

14 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Jam tomorrow.....  it seems to be a long time since there was a general consensus that the football on offer, especially at home, was enjoyable, if we were winning it might make it more bearable, but bore draws aren’t particularly useful or entertaining.

I think ? LJ is making sure we are in a position to do something in the New Years.  It was a bore today . At home has  been uninspiring for a while now 

Archived