IGNORED

VPN Advice

Tipps69

I’m going away soon & assuming that there will be certain things I’m going to be restricted from doing while away (online betting, TV etc), I’ve never used a VPN on any device before but understand that this is something I should be looking at investing in but I’m literally clueless as to what I should be looking for & how much I should be looking to spend, so can anyone help please?

13 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Purely personally speaking Windscribe gives you 10gb a month and that is good for 4 games on Robins TV, for example.

Or use Opera browser, which has a VPN facility and no limit I believe, and again is free.

Now being a complete novice at these things, it’s as simple as downloading these things & off you go? And being that I’m going abroad but want it to think I’m at home so I can carry on ‘working’, do I just put my home details in? So it thinks I’m still in the UK?

Windscribe allows you to select an alternative IP address in the UK. But Opera's choice is more limited, giving you just a choice of Europe, Asia or Americas. So I guess if you want to "remain" in the UK then Windscribe is best for you. If you want more than 10gb a month there is a subscription option to give you a lot more. 

Once you download it, and follow the instructions it is fairly straightforward.

It must be if I can master it!

Plenty of information on the 'net of course. Good luck!

Nord vpn isn't the cheapest but you can download an app on your phone, they also don't hold your data files like cheaper VPN's. Windscribe is also good value. Both can be also put on a firestick with dedicated apps from amazon marketplace if you want to watch some tv abroad both very simple. BBC I-player and Netflix is quite hard to break even with a VPN but I believe some services like nord now have dedicated locations for this.

Archived