IGNORED

Rubbish

foghornred

I recently went to see Weston AFC play ( the under23s Play there to) but something that struck me was that anyone who had a sweet wrapper or cup of coffee when they finished would put it in the bins provided and after the game I noticed that the ground was clean and tidy unlike Ashton gate after a game.

Would'nt it be good if at Ashton Gate we did the same, but on a larger scale, which would save the club some money and do our bit to keep the planet clean,just a thought to be going on with for all of those that just throw down your rubbish for someone else to clear up. 

25 minutes ago, foghornred said:

I recently went to see Weston AFC play ( the under23s Play there to) but something that struck me was that anyone who had a sweet wrapper or cup of coffee when they finished would put it in the bins provided and after the game I noticed that the ground was clean and tidy unlike Ashton gate after a game.

Would'nt it be good if at Ashton Gate we did the same, but on a larger scale, which would save the club some money and do our bit to keep the planet clean,just a thought to be going on with for all of those that just throw down your rubbish for someone else to clear up. 

There is a vast difference in the attendances foghorn.......and the rubbish left after a match at AG Is cleared up by an army of collectors in each stand which is why the stadium is so pristine when the supporters arrive.

I do take your point tho.......

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Not sure about Ashton Gate but a lack of bins is something that has been adopted by shopping  centres amongst other things over recent years as a safety measure to counter potential terrorist threats. 

It`s the same in most enclosed public places - remember left luggage lockers at railway stations?

2 hours ago, foghornred said:

Japan at Russia 2018?

3 hours ago, foghornred said:

Totally agree. & while we are on the subject, same with KFC. Amazes me how people leave rubbish & bits of chicken on a table they’ve been sitting at & expect someone else to pick it up. Would hate to see their house! All I’ve got to say about yesterday, as the little man was ill & we had to leave after 20 minutes! COYR 

42 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Totally agree. & while we are on the subject, same with KFC. Amazes me how people leave rubbish & bits of chicken on a table they’ve been sitting at & expect someone else to pick it up. Would hate to see their house! All I’ve got to say about yesterday, as the little man was ill & we had to leave after 20 minutes! COYR 

At McDonalds, KFC etc they employ people who clean tables away etc. If we all cleaned our own tables away then they wouldnt have a job.

Do you clean your table away at a restaurant?

58 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

At McDonalds, KFC etc they employ people who clean tables away etc. If we all cleaned our own tables away then they wouldnt have a job.

Or they would have more times to do other things, empty the bins, sweep the floor or here is a thought, serve the que that is out the door! Do you go to the bar/kitchen to collect your meal? How is a restaurant comparable to a fast food chain? Is it not just common decency to tidy up after yourself? Do you throw rubbish on the floor to keep Trigger in a job? COYR 

6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Really annoys me too......the other morning as I came out of my local village shop 2 van men came out clutching pasties .. Stood right next to the waste bin outside the shop..ripped off the wrappers and dropped them to the floor - they were 2 ft from the bin !!

A 20 goal striker would’ve found the bin. ?

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Or they would have more times to do other things, empty the bins, sweep the floor or here is a thought, serve the que that is out the door! Do you go to the bar/kitchen to collect your meal? How is a restaurant comparable to a fast food chain? Is it not just common decency to tidy up after yourself? Do you throw rubbish on the floor to keep Trigger in a job? COYR 

You really think they would reassign the staff? No chance will they. Just like supermarkets introducing self check outs, it's not done to make our lives easier, it's done to cut down on staff costs. 

Nah but at McDonalds they bring the food to my table. I'll clean up after myself by putting everything onto the tray. 

How is throwing rubbish on the floor comparable to leaving rubbish on a table at McDonalds? Fyi I take my responsibilities regarding recycling very seriously. In my home I recycle everything that can be recycled, I've even changed my shopping habits to buy products that have the least landfill waste where possible. 

Throwing rubbish on the floor outside is dangerous for the environment and wild life. 

3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I always take my used stuff back to the counter at cafes etc - only takes a minute, it’s courteous and it frees up their employees to do other, arguably more important, things ...

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

To be fair, who even leaves a pile of wrappers and plastic bottles etc. at their seat? Really not hard to just stick it in your pocket til you find a bin. 

Quite a few people around me do. Mainly kids whose parents don’t even mention picking them up. I think it’s a bit shoddy but each to their own.

Archived