IGNORED

Poll: how would you feel about LJ leaving?

Fordy62

If Johnson left tomorrow, what would be your overriding emotion?  

706 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Didn't like him as a player,don't rate him as a coach, don't think he's the one to take us further,need a more experienced manager to take us up,

You don't rate him as a coach, but many knowlegable people in the game rate him quite highly.

What can you see that they can't?

Total waste of a thread - why even suggest such a thing with the team doing the best we have done for many years..

Yes the football isn’t always the best but a few years ago pretty much everyone would have been delighted to have been looking up all the time and not down.

Why can’t the Mods stop this kind of unnecessary posting!

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I think it would be a disappointment if he left. 

Looking at things objectively he’s taken us from looking like we were heading straight back to league one to a top 6 side, not as instantly as some would like but he’s built an ethos around the club that we haven’t had for a long time.

Its not just on the pitch either, the academy is doing better than ever, we’re getting our highest crowds for years, we’ve become well renowned for our prowess in the transfer market. That’s not all solely down to LJ but it’s no surprise that him coming here has coincided with all of that. 

On the pitch things haven’t been great but we are 7th, level with 4th, in a highly competitive division, loads of clubs would take that.

Maybe he’s taken us as far as he can, but if we are to finish top 10 this season and someone else is brought on I fear it may be a huge mistake

Agree with all this and any speculation about him leaving is a waste of time.

Why ? Because SL has backed him all the way and Steve is not the sort of guy to just walk away from what he believes. 

Steve might change his mind if we get relegated, but there is little chance of that happening this season to the longest serving manager in the Championship.

Why anyone would question his role as Head Coach is a mystery to me. 

I'd be indifferent, maybe remember the good times i.e. The FA Cup run. 

My issue with LJ is that some of the most effective and exciting football we played was with Most of Cotts squad.

Sine then, for the last year. Its been more negative, we're scared of playing 4 at the back, we sit off, much more than previous, and we can be very slow and ponderous in possession. 

How many games have we had less than 5 shots on target this season? 

Would be gutted if he went. 

If I had to think of a new manager then i'd be struggling. Not sure if he would be good enough, but Mark Cooper at FGR has them playing some really great football. I'd want a manager that likes to get it down and pass the ball.

Obviously LJ aint going anywhere anyway. He'd be mad to go almost anywhere, and yes that includes prem clubs. Goes to most of them and he's out of a job in a few months if he doesn't do great straight away.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Agreed. I think the highest finishing team is generally the best team. Gary’s team got a lot of luck I reckon. No worries if you disagree 

Yeh sure, I just loved that 1989/1990 squad - couldn’t give a shit that we finished second to da gas - we beat Brum 0-4 away, we beat Swansea 0-5 away, we beat Cardiff 0-3 away, we beat Walsall 0-2 away, we beat Fulham 0-1 away, we beat Chester 0-3 away, we beat Fulham 5-1 at home - and in the midst of all that we got dicked 6-0 by Tranmere and 5-1 by Cambridge in the Cup! What a season!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh sure, I just loved that 1989/1990 squad - couldn’t give a shit that we finished second to da gas - we beat Brum 0-4 away, we beat Swansea 0-5 away, we beat Cardiff 0-3 away, we beat Walsall 0-2 away, we beat Fulham 0-1 away, we beat Chester 0-3 away, we beat Fulham 5-1 at home - and in the midst of all that we got dicked 6-0 by Tranmere and 5-1 by Cambridge in the Cup! What a season!

That was my second season as a fan, born in 1981, so will always live with me. And plus football was much better back then 

37 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yet seemingly almost every player that has ever played under him does. I wonder who’s right. 

Albie said he was a good coach too.  Does the Head-Coach need more than being a good coach, e.g. does the Sales Manager need to be the best Salesman?  I don’t doubt he’s excellent on the training ground.  I do have a few question marks about what goes on during the 90 minutes during a game.  Not saying he’s bad, just think there are better tacticians out there who read the game better.  I think he could do with a different pair of eyes on the bench or up in the stands to help him in this area.  I might be miles off the mark, but that is my view.

Its one of those things where as an outsider, it might all be answered if you could could spend a day shadowing him.  I did like the Charlton post-match presser where he explained his subs.  

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yet seemingly almost every player that has ever played under him does. I wonder who’s right. 

How do you know that? “Almost every player that has played under LJ rates him as a coach” ... that’s a very big assertion - look forward to the evidence - I’d estimate that ‘almost every player’ would be about 96% ..... 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm on 70:years supporting and I don't hate/dislike/mistrust LJ.

I just believe that his tactics are the same as his father. Cautious, unadventurous, trying not to lose rather than being more positive. And very boring. He's had plenty of time and financial backing but seems stuck in a rut where, we are close to top six but not good enough to really challenge for promotion.

So move on and find someone who is a winner!

You think he is clueless, you said as much the other day.

That suggest there at least some dislike towards LJ.

Until we go up or win a national or international trophy then LJ will be considered the ‘ Pochettino ‘ of the Championship.

In answer to the , slightly divisive , question, it would all depend on the circumstances of his leaving. 

If he left us in a better position than when he arrived I would be thankful for the immense dedication and energy he’s given to the club . 

If he leaves after having an affair with Maggie Lansdown, I would consider him a very naughty boy .  

Archived