IGNORED

Poll: how would you feel about LJ leaving?

Fordy62

If Johnson left tomorrow, what would be your overriding emotion?  

706 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Annoying my poll has lost an option. There was a slightly miffed - a couple of drinks to remember the good times option. But it’s disappeared. 

I'd have gone for that - I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, but wouldn't want to forget some cracking occasions.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Annoying my poll has lost an option. There was a slightly miffed - a couple of drinks to remember the good times option. But it’s disappeared. 

Ask mods to edit?

There is a massive yawning chasm between:

"Utter, utter disappointment - drink to hope you’ll wake and find it never happened"

and

"Not gonna lose any sleep - cup of tea"

Within which chasm I suspect the majority of votes will fall.

I wouldn't drink myself to death, but that was the only option that said I'd be disappointed about it. More simplistic options would've been better because otherwise it just guides people to answer in a certain way.

Not sure how anyone can say he should leave really, steady year-on-year progression. 

I appreciate after almost 4 years some might want a change.

Some have never liked him though.

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That would probably be the most popular option. I’ve always supported him, particularly when the going was tough, but I suspect we’d find a replacement if he left. I like his thought processes, but the football isn’t too impressive this season even if the results aren’t bad.

Think it would depend on who replaced him:

Pocchetino - wooooohoooo

Darren Way - no way

There aren’t a lot of realistic candidates.

I’m really happy with how things are going.  A little tweak here or there...we ain’t a million miles away from being a solid top 6 team.  I really want to see him give Palmer a run of starts.  He hasn’t started more than 2 games on the trot all season.  First thing he did yesterday was almost pick out Weimann in behind their back 4 with a beautiful pass.  Forest defender just got a little toe to it.  With Nagy back, his ability to play the ball into the midfield quickly (see jbcfc twitter clip), I see both Brownhill and Palmer benefitting.  It was Nagy’s quick tempo passes that freed Brownhill v Cardiff, and I remember him getting Palmer on the ball in much better positions v Brum (a) that led to those 3 or 4 beautiful passes to Afobe and Rowe.  Plus Nagy offers super protection too.

Not necessarily away v Brom, (Huddersfield home?) but, wouldn’t mind seeing this front 5;

Nagy

Brownhill | Palmer

Weimann | Rodri (or Watkins)

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wouldn't drink myself to death, but that was the only option that said I'd be disappointed about it. More simplistic options would've been better because otherwise it just guides people to answer in a certain way.

Not sure how anyone can say he should leave really, steady year-on-year progression. 

I always liked him as a player and I think he's doing his best as a manager, but I think if we fail to make the play offs he should be thanked for all his work and replaced by someone with a proven track record of achieving what the clubs says it wants - promotion. Assuming he would be replaced with someone competent then I'd certainly raise a glass to him but wouldn't be drying my eyes.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I always liked him as a player and I think he's doing his best as a manager, but I think if we fail to make the play offs he should be thanked for all his work and replaced by someone with a proven track record of achieving what the clubs says it wants - promotion. Assuming he would be replaced with someone competent then I'd certainly raise a glass to him but wouldn't be drying my eyes.

I think if we're top 8, that's a big achievement considering the injuries.

11th/12th again with a losing run and perhaps its time for a change. Not necessarily because he's done anything wrong, just a change of impetus and momentum might be needed.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think I nearly fall into the group you mention in your last sentence. And I genuinely don’t know why. 

I don’t know if it’s the mistreatment of Cotts combined with my love for Cotts, I don’t know if it’s because I resent the fact that any other manager would have been sacked with some of the runs he’s had or I don’t know if it’s because I can’t get his silly one liners and little smirk out of my head. I’ve tried to like him - and don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Lee Johnson, far from it, but I don’t find him a loveable manager. 

Im not stupid enough to see that he hadn’t delivered us some brilliant times, indeed some of the very best I’ve known - perhaps that itself is an issue because he’s delivering abject performances now in comparison. 

I know I’m being unfair. But I can’t help it. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pocchetino - wooooohoooo

Darren Way - no way

I’m really happy with how things are going.  A little tweak here or there...we ain’t a million miles away from being a solid top 6 team.  I really want to see him give Palmer a run of starts.  He hasn’t started more than 2 games on the trot all season.  First thing he did yesterday was almost pick out Weimann in behind their back 4 with a beautiful pass.  Forest defender just got a little toe to it.  With Nagy back, his ability to play the ball into the midfield quickly (see jbcfc twitter clip), I see both Brownhill and Palmer benefitting.  It was Nagy’s quick tempo passes that freed Brownhill v Cardiff, and I remember him getting Palmer on the ball in much better positions v Brum (a) that led to those 3 or 4 beautiful passes to Afobe and Rowe.  Plus Nagy offers super protection too.

Not necessarily away v Brom, (Huddersfield home?) but, wouldn’t mind seeing this front 5;

Nagy

Brownhill | Palmer

What, just like Lee Johnson used to do. But a better, more combative version of.

ps not going to vote as correct option not available

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I think I nearly fall into the group you mention in your last sentence. And I genuinely don’t know why. 

I don’t know if it’s the mistreatment of Cotts combined with my love for Cotts, I don’t know if it’s because I resent the fact that any other manager would have been sacked with some of the runs he’s had or I don’t know if it’s because I can’t get his silly one liners and little smirk out of my head. I’ve tried to like him - and don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Lee Johnson, far from it, but I don’t find him a loveable manager. 

Im not stupid enough to see that he hadn’t delivered us some brilliant times, indeed some of the very best I’ve known - perhaps that itself is an issue because he’s delivering abject performances now in comparison. 

I know I’m being unfair. But I can’t help it. 

I don't agree with that stance but at least you can admit it. I know you were a big Cotterill fan and considering the rumours about the 15/16 summer window it must be hard not to feel a bit aggrieved for him. 

I think there are some (not necessarily you) who just have never liked him even as a player and there's a hangover from that.

I've always felt that for some, he might remind people of a middle-manager at work who they never really liked who'd been promoted above his capability. He's not a typical football 'bloke' like Cotterill was and people don't want to go to football to be reminded of 'Lee' the sales head from the Cheltenham branch. 

I like him, but then again I liked him as a player too and have always really wanted him to succeed. I think he will too. Unless we have a disaster this season and hge has to go, I think he'll eventually get us promoted. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't agree with that stance but at least you can admit it. I know you were a big Cotterill fan and considering the rumours about the 15/16 summer window it must be hard not to feel a bit aggrieved for him. 

I think there are some (not necessarily you) who just have never liked him even as a player and there's a hangover from that.

I've always felt that for some, he might remind people of a middle-manager at work who they never really liked who'd been promoted above his capability. He's not a typical football 'bloke' like Cotterill was and people don't want to go to football to be reminded of 'Lee' the sales head from the Cheltenham branch. 
or David from Wernham-Hogg, Slough Branch ???

I like him, but then again I liked him as a player too and have always really wanted him to succeed. I think he will too. Unless we have a disaster this season and hge has to go, I think he'll eventually get us promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lee the sales head from the Cheltenham branch! Genius. 

He is a little bit David Brent!

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pocchetino - wooooohoooo

Darren Way - no way

Nagy

Brownhill | Palmer

Marley over Diedhiou?

I wouldn't really mind either way. I cant fault the position he has us in, especially with the injuries but by god we are pretty dire to watch. He has been here for quite some time but I really have no idea what we are trying to do. We have no philosophy, with constant team and formation changes. 

I dont think we are too far away, but I'm not sure Lee has what it takes to take us to the next level. Fingers crossed he proves me wrong as I cant see him going anywhere too soon.

I am not LJ out by any means but I’d be happy of he took a job elsewhere. Feels like things on the pitch are stagnating a bit and honestly feels like a new direction every year.

Feels like we are the most unstable stable team in the division. I mean if you look teams like Leeds, Preston, Brentford all the same every season and may lose a piece but add a direct replacement. Whereas we lose a Reid sign a Weimann. Lose a Webster sign a Williams. Lose a Pack sign a Nagy. It isn’t always a bad thing but seems like a new style of play every season and that is why we always fall apart late because when we are tired and injured in March and April we don’t have the basics to rely on. Those teams I mentioned could play some of their passes blindfolded it feels like. 

Also don’t think he has grown that much tactically. Possibly grown more rigid in his ways even when not working. Still too reactionary for me. Hesitant to make switches at times when we are poor. 

I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he has done here but I don’t see him taking us to the next level. It is a tough one because if he left I am not sure there is a replacement I know of I’d completely love. Hughton for example I think could get us promoted but I wouldn’t love him at the next level. I’d like Alex Neil but can’t imagine him leaving Preston for us(def not now but even if he could choose in the summer if we were both still in the division). 

So yea, I’d be happy/excited for the change. I’d know it could go terribly wrong but the change could freshen the club up a bit imo.

Archived