IGNORED

Witnesses wanted,

Redandproud

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks for your reply. My apologies if my question came across as unsympathetic initially. I was just keen to understand the context of how this happened. 
Seems your son tried to do the right thing and these idiots didn’t like that so started on you. 
Sorry to hear that, and I hope you are all ok. 

You misunderstood sir. I was asking for some context as to how this occurred. Groups of football fans do not randomly attack old guys in cars so I am glad the gentleman has now given the context. 
Clearly they are a bunch of ***** but the attack on the gent in the car was brought on by an earlier incident, albeit one where the guy and his son are still totally innocent. But the context is now clear. 

What on earth do YOU need context for! All the coppers on here are pretty upfront about it! News flash groups of supporters do attack old people.

Your original quote just sounded like someone looking for an excuse to excuse. 

I have recently had to deal with the what did you do scenario from someone who has nothing to do with a situation and just happened to have some peripheral information, (in fact if I’m not mistaken a group of City fans may have just got an out of court settlement on almost that very position). 

That person was an utter ****! 

This I suspect Is now a police matter,however I’m sure they (Julie) could use the benefit of your thoughts about provocation and your investigation into the integrity of a bloke and his family  looking for witnesses on a public forum! 

58 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

What on earth do YOU need context for! All the coppers on here are pretty upfront about it! News flash groups of supporters do attack old people.

Your original quote just sounded like someone looking for an excuse to excuse. 

I have recently had to deal with the what did you do scenario from someone who has nothing to do with a situation and just happened to have some peripheral information, (in fact if I’m not mistaken a group of City fans may have just got an out of court settlement on almost that very position). 

That person was an utter ****! 

This I suspect Is now a police matter,however I’m sure they (Julie) could use the benefit of your thoughts about provocation and your investigation into the integrity of a bloke and his family  looking for witnesses on a public forum! 

Exactly

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whilst you clearly don’t know Harry I real life, so I can understand (not agree) with your assumption - you have certainly got this one wrong..!

Having followed City for 30 years myself, I’d be hard pressed to find a more committed, knowledgable & savvy supporter of our club. 
Trust me, he knows the score, so any questions he felt Valid, IS valid, in my book. 

Perhaps best to concede that you’ve called this one wrongly. 

Keep kissing his ass ??

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Thanks for your reply. My apologies if my question came across as unsympathetic initially. I was just keen to understand the context of how this happened. 
Seems your son tried to do the right thing and these idiots didn’t like that so started on you. 
Sorry to hear that, and I hope you are all ok. 

You misunderstood sir. I was asking for some context as to how this occurred. Groups of football fans do not randomly attack old guys in cars so I am glad the gentleman has now given the context. 
Clearly they are a bunch of ***** but the attack on the gent in the car was brought on by an earlier incident, albeit one where the guy and his son are still totally innocent. But the context is now clear. 

Unfortunately on rare occasions groups of football fans have attacked innocent  passers by, not very often admittedly but it has happened .  

11 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Unfortunately on rare occasions groups of football fans have attacked innocent  passers by, not very often admittedly but it has happened .  

Exactly this. It happened to my brother when in his car after a game against Leeds. While waiting in a que to get out of the trading estate (opposite side of the road to the Wickes store). Believe there was also a similar incident with a mum & her kids in the same area if memory serves me right on the same day ( 2 seasons ago?).Which brings me on to my next point, @JulieH, who organises/decides for away coaches to park right in the middle of a common City parking area, with little or no policing? COYR 

I just hope - parking all seriousness to one side for a minute - the original posted didn't suffer the indignity of having a window nutted by some spotty oik.

I believe they engage in such behaviour up the Mem, as a result, shares in the local hand-carwash have rocketed as they now need to offer a zit-remnants removal service. Ensuring your glassware is 'spot less'.

12 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Because my son first intervened on a couple of them starting on a old couple on the other side of the road, thats when I said to one of them there too old for trouble, he then offered me for a go,

Does anyone know the old couple who were accosted, and if they are ok? 

9 hours ago, Greatgraham said:

Untwist your knickers, just because you never seen any attacks as mentioned doesn’t mean it doesn’t happened. 

I think you might be reconstructing events here to  suit your argument that it was just a random attack on this person. As explained there were other issues involving the thugs response. None of which are excuse for such a response/ attack.  Harry asked a very valid question, and at least we are aware of the reasons, obviously it pricked their ego's that someone has the balls to defend a fellow citizen.

I never turned a blind eye to such events, I am not a hero, I am possibly too old some might say, but hate bullies whatever form they take, either as a keyboard warrior or some scrote on the streets well done  Redandproud,? 

@Greatgraham @REDOXO

Post 1 : 65 year old sat in a car with son & daughter, wearing a City top. Gets attacked by 12 Forest fans. 

Post 2 : Forest fans had started trouble a couple of minutes earlier, 65 year old’s son and friend attempted to intervene, at which point they were turned on. 

Context. Post 1 just appears to be a random, unprovoked attack on an oap. Post 2 provides the background as to how that happened. 

I have not attempted to defend the attackers once. In my initial response I sympathised with the victim and called the attackers silly pricks. It’s just important, I believe, to understand what happened. 

Perhaps there are people who didn’t see the incident with the chap in his car but they may have witnessed the earlier incident of the idiots starting on the other couple - the reason this chap’s son tried to help. 
Does it not help to widen the search for witnesses to have some further context to this incident, as there may be people who saw the earlier altercation and not the later one. 

As I’ve already said, I offered my sympathies to the gentleman involved, I asked him a question, he politely answered, and I politely thanked him for his answer. No need for any further hostility, surely. 

Perhaps this thread can now return to it’s purpose, and attempt to help find these *****. 

58DBF52A-0ACC-4EE8-A884-1997A7DCD2DA.jpeg

15 hours ago, Greatgraham said:

Are you for real, some morons don’t need a reason. Your opening statement is very patronising. And it’s obvious you haven’t a clue about thugs randomly attacking, you need to get out more.

you made a presumption that the 65 year old old may of instigated them to attack.

please be more sensitive to someone’s misery.

To add balance I also did not find anything wrong with @Harry‘s post wondering what could have led to such a random attack. I was about to ask the same question myself. Like @HarryI am certainly not suggesting blame on the OP, just wanted clarity which we now have.

If I am totally honest @Harryhas been more patient and understanding that I possibly would have been with you in the posts that make up this thread.

19 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Did anyone see what happened on Winterstoke rd after the game last night, I was parked on the pavement opp Wickes yesterday, I had my usual city coat on and cap ,I'm 65+ (disabled)I was with my daughter ,son and his friend,we were approached by about 10-12 Nottingham Forest fan looking for trouble ,(youths), my son and his friend tried to stop them getting to myself,I pulled away onto the road but as I drove towards them ,they started to come towards my mobility car , thumping and kicking the car ,I drive away towards the traffic lights heading towards the Centre direction,we stopped at a red light but they started to run after us, I then drove through a set of red lights ,did anyone witness this ,us let me know ,

You have to hope that CCTV will capture this, although it wiuld be very dark at that time.

Horrible buggers 

12 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Exactly this. It happened to my brother when in his car after a game against Leeds. While waiting in a que to get out of the trading estate (opposite side of the road to the Wickes store). Believe there was also a similar incident with a mum & her kids in the same area if memory serves me right on the same day ( 2 seasons ago?).Which brings me on to my next point, @JulieH, who organises/decides for away coaches to park right in the middle of a common City parking area, with little or no policing? COYR 

As previously stated most games at Ashton gate only have 2 Bristol football officers on it along with 2 away team officers. This was the case on Saturday. Each game is looked at by club and police and requests made to police by the club if they feel it is necessary  for police resources. 

is very difficult to find an appropriate place to park large numbers of coaches in the area surrounding the ground, and the trading estate has worked well in my opinion. 

I will feed back into the rest of the football team for them to monitor the route to the away coaches, particularly around wickes on Saturday v Huddersfield .

16 hours ago, JulieH said:

I will feed back into the rest of the football team for them to monitor the route to the away coaches, particularly around wickes on Saturday v Huddersfield .

Oh No You Dont Young Lady! 

Leave our football team alone, they've already got a job to do on the pitch Thankyou.. 

ffs, I blame the government for these cutbacks but enough is enough, thats not on! 

Archived