IGNORED

January

daored

I feel most of us believe this is the most open season in the championship for a number of years. 

After 17 games we found ourselves in seventh place, level on points with Fulham (4th), Forest (5th) and Swansea (6th). Three points off Leeds in second and seven points off West Brom (who we play Wednesday).

We have eight games to play between now and 29th December.

What is people’s expectations of what we may or mat not do in January transfer wise. Have we spent our budget on the players we brought in, in the summer plus Afobe? It is clear Johnson wanted a striker -  do we have the funds available to bring someone in, or do you feel we need to sell first?

7 minutes ago, daored said:

I feel most of us believe this is the most open season in the championship for a number of years. 

After 17 games we found ourselves in seventh place, level on points with Fulham (4th), Forest (5th) and Swansea (6th). Three points off Leeds in second and seven points off West Brom (who we play Wednesday).

What is people’s expectations of what we may or mat not do in January transfer wise. Have we spent our budget on the players we brought in, in the summer plus Afobe? It is clear Johnson wanted a striker -  do we have the funds available to bring someone in, or do you feel we need to sell first?

I believe we will see some outgoings , Marley Watkins would , probably have a blast if he went back to Barnsley .  

Will the Prem clubs watching Bomber Brownhill make a move in January if they think the competition for his signature will be fierce in the Summer ? 

If selling him means getting money in a top striker then I would do it . 

We need a natural finisher but then so do other clubs , if we are fishing in the same pool as Palace , Southampton, Brighton etc then we will be up against it wages wise .

I do , however , hope we have a striker lined up  that is ready to commit to a promotion campaign. 

I won’t be holding my breath for this last piece of the jigsaw as it could just make the numbers too high regarding FFP. 

Much depends on when Afobe is expected back . I believe LJ would like Janneh around the first team squad and with Famara , Weiman and Rodri he may concede that SL won’t throw any more money at it if it risks the future of the club .

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Recall Max O Leary

Loan out Semenyo

Release Rodri

Sign Macauley Bonne

Sign young Prem striker on loan.....Brewster, Poveda for example

Why recall Max?  Unless Bentley gets injured he ain’t going to get any game time.  He’s better off where is, playing games.

Agree re Rodri and Semenyo though.

I'd recall Pring over recalling O'Leary. Don't know how soon Dasilva will be back & how long it'll take to get him up to speed. 

I hope the club doesn't have a third January in a row where they fail to get a quality striker in. However if they do fail in their attempts, I'd rather recall Matty Taylor over extending Rodris time at the club. 6 goals in 10 league appearances so far for Oxford. 

You'd have thought that we'd have been looking at every Prem squad analysing the strikers who aren't getting much game time, and who could do a job here. Would hope that we've already spoken to Burnley and enquired as to the possibility of Vydra joining us in Jan for a half season loan. We need something akin to Fulham bringing in Mitro from Newcastle in their 2018 Jan window, as it completely changed their season. 

IF Brownhill goes for big bucks, recall Morrell. Would still leave us with a decent looking midfield.

Hopefully get Nketiah on loan from January

Welease Wodwi (sorry, just how it is in my head when I hear it, bloody Life of Brian)

Semenyo could probably do with a loan, would let him go if Afobe looks like returning in March as is rumoured.

4 minutes ago, taxidriver999 said:

Vydra has proved himself as a top scorer in the championship, his move to Burnley clearly has not gone to plan for him.

Would really like to see what he can do for us.

Plus stylistically, he would IMO fit us very well.

Already has experience of playing with Weimann at Derby, could see him, Palmer and Weimann being very creative, very fluid as a 4-3-1-2/3-4-1-2 kinda setup.

3 hours ago, daored said:

I stated just after season kicked off we will never have a better chance of getting promoted than this year for many reasons BUT due to injurys and a totally different style of play we will not be in the top 6 come Jan 1st as we are simply not good enough and would say will be 8/9 and 6 to 8pts adrift of 6th place. Again there will be many factors in that so do the board spend the 3million we have in the budget or do we bring back MT?? Or do we sell Brownhill as rumoured. 

43 minutes ago, Selred said:

OLeary is developing in league one. Keep him there improving. 

Janneh can be on our bench, or Pring as someone else mentioned. 

I would prefer to have six outfielders on the bench who can really change a game be it offensively or defensively and is of the required standard. Not ideal but I’d foresake Max first team game time for that if we are pushing for top six 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would prefer to have six outfielders on the bench who can really change a game be it offensively or defensively and is of the required standard. Not ideal but I’d foresake Max first team game time for that if we are pushing for top six 

We have Nikki too, who'd not be happy being 3rd choice, plus Max who wouldn't be happy. Need to do what's right for team harmony. 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Release Nikki if the plan is to release him end of season anyway.  Sure Max would understand 

Yes I'm sure he would be very grateful for being recalled from a fruitful loan spell to likely not play a single minute for the rest of the season when we already have a home-grown player on the bench who does get occasional minutes. I bet he would be delighted for his future at the club. 

Archived