If Kalas is fit he plays if not it’ll be Wright 

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Bentley

Kalas, Williams, Baker

Pereira                                        Rowe

Massengo  Nagy

Brownhill               Palmer

Weimann

I think Fam will play. He was decent against Forest and WBA have some tall players so think Fam is vital. Which is a shame because we can play a more fluid style without him. Think it is almost a damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario on regards to starting him. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think Fam will play. He was decent against Forest and WBA have some tall players so think Fam is vital. Which is a shame because we can play a more fluid style without him. Think it is almost a damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario on regards to starting him. 

Yeah I went with Weimann as I was really impressed with how him, Palmer and Josh linked up in the last 20 against Cardiff. They can play those really neat quick triangles in and around defenders which is key I think. 

Fam does have a good record up there like you said, but no matter how well he has performed individually against them, I think we lost each time?

Didn't Diedhiou score off the bench last season there?

Not so sure about starting him but he could be useful last 25-30 mins if fired up.

Bentley

Kalas Williams Baker

Pereira Nagy Massengo Rowe

Brownhill O'Dowda  

Weimann

Might be one way to go. Think of it like a 3-4-2-1, bit like Wolves with Costa and Cavaleiro 2 years ago- Brownhill and O'Dowda wouldn't be wide as such but inside, wide fowards- yet in midfield phases Brownhill can drop in to help with 3, and in 2 v 1 he can help the more conservative Pereira- O'Dowda can of course help to outnumber in some phases and support Rowe in others. Palmer for O'Dowda maybe but then I worry about balance- unleash him and if the game is heading a certain way, Diedhiou in the last half hour or so?

Bentley

Pereira Kalas Williams Rowe

Brownhill Nagy Massengo Eliasson OR O'Dowda

Palmer

Weimann

Can guard against the quick breaks by Brownhill coming inside, Eliasson out wide may give us more directness but at the expense of defensive cover? Palmer behind Weimann I definitely would like to see- Brownhill and Periera can be a bit like in some phases Brownhill-Wright 2 years ago, Rowe at LB can be quite conservative so perhaps instructions to sit a bit.

Do we know whether Kalas will be fit btw? If not, then Wright for Kalas in Team A and Baker for Kalas in Team B.

31 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Apparently he's back for Wednesday. Great player, which is why Nagy and Massengo in there hustling him is key. Just stick our young Frenchman on him, to stop him dominating the play.

Nagy & Massengo together would give us a really solid CM, allowing Brownhill to get more attack play and even allowing us to revert to a back 4 - but doubt LJ will abandon 5-3-2 or pick Massengo to start alongside Nagy sadly...

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If we go 3 at the back the two outside CBs need to be mobile against their wingers imo. Bit worried about this one but we do tend to play well in bigger games. 

2193D8CD-A2E7-4D88-97D0-7E2A96AF4687.thumb.jpeg.379905fce93a4bc6900cd751560a9d30.jpeg

Their set up is not dissimilar to Cardiff’s 4231.  When we have the ball we will need a similar approach to a fortnight ago.  Without the ball it’s gonna be a bit different, and I need to have a think about that.  They won’t be pinging diags like Cardiff.

Bentley

Pereira  Kalas  Williams Rowe

Smith   Nagy

Brownhill. Massengo.  Eliasson

Weimann 

Solid, and very high work rate in forward areas. Massengo has an unbelievable engine on him like Weimann. Plays number 10 for France under 19s. 

Plenty of quality in wide areas. Not so much pressure on our full backs to do too much going forward. Both wide men very capable of taking on a player and getting balls in. 

Brownhill would ideally come inside a lot too and get shots off or link up with Massengo and Weimann.

9 hours ago, daored said:

3-5-2

Bentley 

Wright / Kalas  Williams   Baker

Pereira                                  Rowe 

Nagy      Massengo

Brownhill

Weinmann.    Didehiou

I like this bring back boy wonder.

I wouldn’t be against this line-up Wednesday:

Bentley

Pereira | Kalas | Williams | Baker | Rowe (Assumes Kalas fit, happy for Hunt to come in too)

Nagy

Brownhill | Massengo

Palmer

Weimann

I think we need a team who can keep and move the ball progressively.  The 3xCMs might be a little flatter, but our WBs need to play like midfielders to make the extra numbers up, and push Phillips and Diangana back.  It looks too narrow on paper I accept.

93FF472A-FC93-4C51-BC43-FC0C6452B36F.thumb.jpeg.88046cd88d926a4ea3f9226b3f7e1937.jpeg

A few of you seem to think Massengo will play.  It would surprise me if he did.  I think this is more a game for the experienced.

I'm expecting a 5 4 1 formation with Fam up top on his own and Andi Weimann in a deeper role. A defensive midfield around him to try to stop WBA playing and hopefully hit them on a counter.

To come back with a point would be a great result as for me they are the stand out team this season.

On 25/11/2019 at 12:25, daored said:

3-5-2

Bentley 

Wright / Kalas  Williams   Baker

Pereira                                  Rowe 

Nagy      Massengo

Brownhill

Weinmann.    Didehiou

This. Hard working three in the middle, who still have enough creativity/shooting power to cause a threat. Massengo has had enough of a rest now and cannot see him being phased by West Brom.

I think the back three and Nagy are shoe-ins as are Pereira and Rowe.

We are going to need to hold onto the ball so for me Massengo has to play, that could also release Brownhill to bomb forward with Nagy moving forward from his deep position to cover. Palmer as the link player.

So;

Bentley (Maenpaa if Bentley unavailable)

Kalas  Williams   Baker

Pereira  Massengo Nagy Brownhill Rowe 

Palmer

Weimann

I personally don't think we can play Weimann up top on his own for this one. I can see his work-rate being needed for tracking back a lot more often, meaning having no outlet and inviting West Brom onto us.

I think Diedhiou will start as a target man to hold the ball up, and wouldn't be surprised to see Eliasson start either to whip those crosses into Fam.

Bentley

Pereira      Williams       Baker       Rowe

Massengo    Nagy     Brownhill         

Weimann           Diedhiou            Eliasson

Robust in defence and across the middle with some pace and work rate on the wings.

I don't really agree with anyone saying Diedhiou and Weimann partnership. They've hardly ever played well together. 

I think we need to start going with 1 up top as we are strong in midfield. So why not play one more of them and hopefully pass it better with more options.

6 hours ago, KingLear said:

I personally don't think we can play Weimann up top on his own for this one. I can see his work-rate being needed for tracking back a lot more often, meaning having no outlet and inviting West Brom onto us.

I think Diedhiou will start as a target man to hold the ball up, and wouldn't be surprised to see Eliasson start either to whip those crosses into Fam.

Bentley

Pereira      Williams       Baker       Rowe

Massengo    Nagy     Brownhill         

Weimann           Diedhiou            Eliasson

Robust in defence and across the middle with some pace and work rate on the wings.

If Weimann is up top on his own, he doesn’t need to do too much tracking back, there should be plenty of others behind him.

I have a feeling we might see a typical “I didn’t see that <........> starting’, insert player, players, formation, system from LJ tonight.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I have a feeling we might see a typical “I didn’t see that <........> starting’, insert player, players, formation, system from LJ tonight.

He does tend to do that in some of the toughest games sometimes.  Think Semenyo v Leeds last season, Szmodics v Swansea this year.

Only guarantee is that the team will be a surprise.  Even if it's the same 11, that'll be the surprise!

1 minute ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Bentley became a dad on Sunday, do you think he'll be playing? Also Sky Sports says Smith is injured?

I reckon Maenpaa might start this one as the club have talked about him being ready if Bents needs time off to adjust and what not.

@JonDolman Callum - LWB?  Pace v Phillips?

Bentley

⬇️Pereira | Wright | Williams | Baker | O’Dowda⬇️

Nagy | Smith

Brownhill | Palmer

Weimann

or 5311 / 5131?

Archived