Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

AshtonGreat

Black Friday

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Pretty chuffed with a £10 ticket in the Dolman for the Millwall game. Cheers City! 

Bought two for my son and nephew for the Blackburn game at £20 the pair.

Ta City.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bcfc01 said:

Bought two for my son and nephew for the Blackburn game at £20 the pair.

Ta City.

I just happened to stumble upon the deal this morning. It wasn't that well advertised. Enjoy the match! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bought two for my son and nephew for the Blackburn game at £20 the pair.

Ta City.

How did you manage that? It doesn't like the code when I try to use it.

 

Edited by Kibs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

How did you manage that? I doesn't like the code when I try to use it.

 

Just type Blackfriday in the box once you selected your seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Super said:

Just type Blackfriday in the box once you selected your seats.

Yeah tried that, it seems to accept the coupon and then says "No benefits" and doesn't do anything to the price or let me proceed until I remove the coupon again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Yeah tried that, it seems to accept the coupon and then says "No benefits" and doesn't do anything to the price or let me proceed until I remove the coupon again.

I don't know then mate worked fine for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Kibs said:

How did you manage that? It doesn't like the code when I try to use it.

 

I just typed blackfriday into the coupon box and it automatically changed the prices.

Maybe the device you are using ?

Try calling them to sort it out - I think the tenner prices are only available online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pedrowe said:

Bought my tickets for Blackburn three weeks ago... It cost me £53 for two. Bit miffed.

Hope you've not bought anything on Amazon recently....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare city jump on the commercial band wagon and offer cheap tickets when people may of given Dec games a miss and just go to a christmas game due to money! 🤯

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Black Friday can **** off , yet another Americanism ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having problems ordering these online.I know it says online only but has anyone tried calling the ticket office for these tickets?Sorted now.

Edited by Slacker
cos its sorted now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

How dare city jump on the commercial band wagon and offer cheap tickets when people may of given Dec games a miss and just go to a christmas game due to money! 🤯

 

Not quite the same as having a full blown punch up over a telly or a toaster though is it ? ...but every little helps . Cheap tickets is a good way of putting bums on seats especially in the run up to Christmas 🎄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Wonder what "blackfriday" deal, offer season ticket holders will get ? ....

I was just going to ask the same. How much is an adult S/T in the Dolman per game - £16+ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Meh said:

I was just going to ask the same. How much is an adult S/T in the Dolman per game - £16+ ?

Works out at £19 per match.  440 - 23 = 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Wonder what "blackfriday" deal, offer season ticket holders will get ? ....

Good question - any half price  item from the club shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meh said:

I was just going to ask the same. How much is an adult S/T in the Dolman per game - £16+ ?

And you get that for every game, this is a great idea to boost attendances for two not so stand out fixtures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And you get that for every game, this is a great idea to boost attendances for two not so stand out fixtures

Yeah of course , makes sense offer a deal sell items .....the question is what will the 15,000 or so season ticket holders get offered as a blackfriday deal , offer ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Yeah of course , makes sense offer a deal sell items .....the question is what will the 15,000 or so season ticket holders get offered as a blackfriday deal , offer ?

The chance to bring friends along for a tenner?

Im sure there’ll be offers in the club shop as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Good question - any half price  item from the club shop?

Certainly not Robbo....still fuming at paying £10 for two pints of Guinness at the Thatchers Bar outside on saturday and after paying the money thought  about ST discount as didnt know if it applied o/s the ground Asked the bloke and he said yes you get a discount mate but you.ve already paid so hard luck  Brilliant PR...........................Not. Will stick to the Robins in future.😠

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Pretty chuffed with a £10 ticket in the Dolman for the Millwall game. Cheers City! 

Is this any part of the Dolman Stand @AshtonGreat ?

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Paid £22 each for mine on Friday. Cheers City! 

When City changed an offer for cheaper tickets a few weeks back they refunded the difference on original price against the cheaper price - worth contacting supporters services @Kid in the Riot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is this any part of the Dolman Stand @AshtonGreat ?

When City changed an offer for cheaper tickets a few weeks back they refunded the difference on original price against the cheaper price - worth contacting supporters services @Kid in the Riot

I believe so mate - what's left anyway. I got a seat about halfway up the bottom section, right by the centre circle

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Wonder what "blackfriday" deal, offer season ticket holders will get ? ....

I understand your point. It’s good to attract new fans through occasional discounts which are less than ST holders are paying, and a full stadium is obviously better. But like many other things, once they have you often the deals don’t get offered. Eg you can sign up for insurance, Sky, Spotify etc and deals will only be for new subscribers/customers only.

This just doesn’t apply to City, but loyalty needs to be rewarded too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Season Ticket holder, and I have absolutely no problem with incentives being offered for single games. As long as a Season Ticket remains the cheapest way to buy a ticket for every game, then what's the problem? :dunno: Surely anything that increases attendances and future fans can only be a good thing? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm a Season Ticket holder, and I have absolutely no problem with incentives being offered for single games. As long as a Season Ticket remains the cheapest way to buy a ticket for every game, then what's the problem? :dunno: Surely anything that increases attendances and future fans can only be a good thing? 

Maybe we could get a free Easter Egg next year -  that's £20's worth :whistle2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very limited sale offerings in the shop this year.  Loads of items were reduced last year.  I'd say it was because we're changing the badge and therefore all of the merch, but we do that most years anyway (merch, not badge).  Last Christmas I spent almost £200 in the sale for my boy for Christmas....this year, just £89.

 

18 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

It is , but you have to question the logic when you have grown adults fighting over a crappy £200 telly ! ...:facepalm: 

That simply doesn't happen anymore.  It did when it first came over here, but nowadays people just care less about it.

 

Edited by Steve Watts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit if a mixed bag I thought. Loads of shorts which isn’t a good buy this time  of the year. But they have the puffa jacket in the sale which I think is a good price and more suitable  . Maybe they will add more items leading up to Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Bit if a mixed bag I thought. Loads of shorts which isn’t a good buy this time  of the year. But they have the puffa jacket in the sale which I think is a good price and more suitable  . Maybe they will add more items leading up to Friday 

That's what I'm hoping for.  Gonna keep checking just in case.  It's just more the volume that surprised me.  7 different items (adult and youth options for each) just seems really half-hearted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Very limited sale offerings in the shop this year.  Loads of items were reduced last year.  I'd say it was because we're changing the badge and therefore all of the merch, but we do that most years anyway (merch, not badge).  Last Christmas I spent almost £200 in the sale for my boy for Christmas....this year, just £89.

 

That simply doesn't happen anymore.  It did when it first came over here, but nowadays people just care less about it.

 

Spending £89 on children’s clothing and describing as “just £89” says a lot to me about how we’ve become desensitised to the price of football and everything around it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These offers are brilliant if you are an ST holder (get friends and less committed fans along to join you)  and even more if you are a casual/part time supporter of the club. The former get the huge advantage of getting a better chance of watching City away eg Brentford, Fulham etc. Only the glass 3/4 empty brigade can complain about the Club incentivising bigger crowds for less appealing games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Spending £89 on children’s clothing and describing as “just £89” says a lot to me about how we’ve become desensitised to the price of football and everything around it.

This is true, but in comparison to over £200 last year (I graciously offered to get everyone else's permits for him....nothing to do with getting the credit on my card!), "just" is an appropriate use in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I’d bump it in case anyone not aware of the Black Friday sale

thought they might add a few more bits this but nothing of yet

only 13 items listed and 6 of them are SHORTS 

think last year was better ,but who knows a few things might get added later 

Edited by sticks 1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just thought I’d bump it in case anyone not aware of the Black Friday sale

thought they might add a few more bits this but nothing of yet

only 13 items listed and 6 of them are SHORTS 

think last year was better ,but who knows a few things might get added later 

Are all these items only reduced for Black Friday?

Three of them have "Sale" next to them, but the others don't?

My niece likes the black player presentation jacket - just wondering if it is a sale item so don't have to buy this weekend (for Christmas)

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just thought I’d bump it in case anyone not aware of the Black Friday sale

thought they might add a few more bits this but nothing of yet

only 13 items listed and 6 of them are SHORTS 

think last year was better ,but who knows a few things might get added later 

Just brought the jackets for the kids as they’d asked for them anyway for Xmas . So 50% off is a very decent price -very unexpected. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in the mall today so went to the pop up shop in John Lewis.......wow don't bother it's just a till and shirts outside the lifts on level 1 . Really poorly stocked considering the amount of advertising it's had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...