IGNORED

Return of The Pat....

Silvio Dante

Per Evening Post, Jamie Paterson’s loan to Derby will be cut short in January. Was anticipated as Rooney eligible from then creating a logjam for places.

Won’t be able to reloan/sell in January as he played vs Leeds so Jamie fully back in the fray.

Likely will lead to loan out for Szmodics IMO.

Also, gives another decent creative spark when on form. Not displeased by this overall.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is he better than any of our current first teamers in his position ?

He could be useful if we have several more injuries otherwise he’s in for a quiet second half to the season unless he ups his end product and performances.

I like the lad but we have moved on and he needs to as well.

There’s evidence to suggest we haven’t moved on. Paterson is probably our second best footballer after Nagy

Be interesting to see what sort of player we get back.

Hopefully one who realises that his opportunities here were limited by himself, and the chances of walking in to another Championship side were not automatic.

So unless he wants to drop down a division, hopefully we will see the desire, hunger and drive to make a real go of here.

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Same as O'Dowda, has got to do more than 1 great game followed by 6 invisible ones.

Maybe watch the games properly if you think he's invisible! 

Pato in, Szmodics out on loan is my guess. Plus Pato can play out wide to provide balance for Eliasson and a runner/replacement for Palmer. Also he's one of the few players who tries to run past people.

I think this is a good move if LJ wants to use him.

I get annoyed by Pato, but he gets in positions that make me annoyed, which is better than doing nothing!

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maybe watch the games properly if you think he's invisible! 

As you seem confused, he's obviously not invisible as he's a human being.

However the reactions to my comment and numerous others on this thread seem to agree that while he shows some exciting promise occasionally he rarely has more than 1 good performance in a row. 

Paterson is a superbly talented player on the ball. And works very hard off it. He'd suit playing for a team like Brentford more than he suits us. He needs players that are like him around him, not the likes of a Fam. 

It's no coincidence he looked sensational when up top with Bobby, and didn't look so good when Fam can back into the team.

Just now, OneTeamInBristol said:

As you seem confused, he's obviously not invisible as he's a human being.

However the reactions to my comment and numerous others on this thread seem to agree that while he shows some exciting promise occasionally he rarely has more than 1 good performance in a row. 

Obviously I knew what you meant! I'm saying he isn't invisible as he actually does a lot for the team. I don't mean literally invisible.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Paterson is a superbly talented player on the ball. And works very hard off it. He'd suit playing for a team like Brentford more than he suits us. He needs players that are like him around him, not the likes of a Fam. 

It's no coincidence he looked sensational when up top with Bobby, and didn't look so good when Fam can back into the team.

‘ sensational ‘ ? 

Pato is not consistent enough , constantly flatters to deceive .

He has the skill but is missing something from his make up that would make him a nailed on starter for most Championship clubs and, dare I say it , even at Prem level .

He will find himself going down the divisions to get regular game time .

I hope he has a good agent.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Sensational is an exaggeration.

He shows up for about 8-10 games throughout the season. Hope he's back for no other reason than to be a sub player. 

Guess Szmodics must be leaving on loan. 

29 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I doubt a player that does a lot for the team would have been allowed to go out on loan for the season to a Championship rival do you?

I was talking about O'Dowda.

Paterson, well in the right team like when Diedhiou was out and he played up top with Reid, he was consistently brilliant.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I was talking about O'Dowda.

Paterson, well in the right team like when Diedhiou was out and he played up top with Reid, he was consistently brilliant.

Yep- that was a great combination- really worked well.

Paterson's best and perhaps only ideal position is a 10...if not a 10, well you may as well not play him, certainly as a starter.

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

‘ sensational ‘ ? 

Pato is not consistent enough , constantly flatters to deceive .

He has the skill but is missing something from his make up that would make him a nailed on starter for most Championship clubs and, dare I say it , even at Prem level .

He will find himself going down the divisions to get regular game time .

I hope he has a good agent.

25 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Sensational is an exaggeration.

He shows up for about 8-10 games throughout the season. Hope he's back for no other reason than to be a sub player. 

Guess Szmodics must be leaving on loan. 

I said sensational when he was up top with Bobby. Not sure why you've both decided I meant he is always sensational! ?

39 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

... and therein lies part of our problem. 

We have the likes of Bakes, Palmer and Fammy who are slow and ponderous. A few medium pacers like Kalas, Then a load of ‘busy bees’. 

So half the team are slow-mo, the other half frenetic. One part closes down, the other part provides opposition time and space. 

What is our ‘identity’? What are we trying to do? 

Archived