IGNORED

Return of The Pat....

Silvio Dante

if Pato is in the side come February I would be amazed. No doubt he has skill and technical ability but dose not have any bottle as far as getting stuck in is concerned.

Watching Sheff Utd yesterday, he has more talent than most of that side but Wilder would not entertain the type of player he is.

Not saying there isn't room for the likes of Pato but he would have to offer so much more with the rest of his game.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He could play for an overseas team I believe.

He could do very well in Turkey or even the MLS. 

No, the 3 club rule (register for 3 / play for only 2) is a Fifa rule, not an EFL rule.  I’ve corrected the Bristol Post reporter’s tweets yesterday.

Pato (and Matty Taylor / Liam Walsh for that matter) can only play for us or Derby this season (Matty, us and Oxford, Liam, us and Coventry)

On 25/11/2019 at 14:47, Major Isewater said:

‘ sensational ‘ ? 

Pato is not consistent enough , constantly flatters to deceive .

He has the skill but is missing something from his make up that would make him a nailed on starter for most Championship clubs and, dare I say it , even at Prem level .

He will find himself going down the divisions to get regular game time .

I hope he has a good agent.

I find that he is too indecisive, he overthinks what he is trying to do and whilst he is thinking he then loses the ball or a passing or shooting opportunity has gone.

53 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cocu doesn’t exactly sing Pato’s praises there. 
It would be a huge surprise if they don’t send him back to Bristol.

I wonder if we could refuse to have him back ? 

• Admin
On 26/11/2019 at 18:21, Davefevs said:

No, the 3 club rule (register for 3 / play for only 2) is a Fifa rule, not an EFL rule.  I’ve corrected the Bristol Post reporter’s tweets yesterday.

Pato (and Matty Taylor / Liam Walsh for that matter) can only play for us or Derby this season (Matty, us and Oxford, Liam, us and Coventry)

I wonder if that could be a new Bosnan.... restraint of trade, how the European Court would look in this rule?

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I wonder if that could be a new Bosnan.... restraint of trade, how the European Court would look in this rule?

There have been plenty of cases that haven’t generated a legal case, or if they have, haven’t won, I would say it’s unlikely.  Not like they aren’t getting paid is it?  Appreciate they aren’t getting potential bonuses.

• Admin
Just now, Davefevs said:

There have been plenty of cases that haven’t generated a legal case, or if they have, haven’t won, I would say it’s unlikely.  Not like they aren’t getting paid is it?  Appreciate they aren’t getting potential bonuses.

Different situation I know, but it’s still restraint of trade, not sure about any exemptions to that, but then I doubt many people thought Bosnan would win - at least in the early days.

Totally theoretical, but if a player received an offer that doubled his wages in Jan, which was then withdrawn when this rule was invoked, you might get someone who took up the cudgel.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Different situation I know, but it’s still restraint of trade, not sure about any exemptions to that, but then I doubt many people thought Bosnan would win - at least in the early days.

Totally theoretical, but if a player received an offer that doubled his wages in Jan, which was then withdrawn when this rule was invoked, you might get someone who took up the cudgel.

Surely FFP by that logic is a restraint of trade then? The biggest of them all!

Or Transfer Windows- really interesting test cases potentially, but I'd have thought Transfer Windows would be but this seems to be seen as okay. FFP, I'm hoping to an extent that it does get Tested in the EU courts- we'd all know where we are with it then.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely FFP by that logic is a restraint of trade then? The biggest of them all!

Or Transfer Windows- really interesting test cases potentially, but I'd have thought Transfer Windows would be but this seems to be seen as okay. FFP, I'm hoping to an extent that it does get Tested in the EU courts- we'd all know where we are with it then.

Is FFP restraint of trade?  It’s not stopping anyone working, it’s mainly a wage control device, as wages are by far the biggest cost.

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is FFP restraint of trade?  It’s not stopping anyone working, it’s mainly a wage control device, as wages are by far the biggest cost.

Well, possibly- possibly getting Restraint of trade and Competition laws mixed up there!

Still think it'd come down to Specificity of Sport vs Restraint of Trade law. Transfer window perhaps a better comparison.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well, possibly- possibly getting Restraint of trade and Competition laws mixed up there!

Still think it'd come down to Specificity of Sport Restraint of Trade law. Transfer window perhaps a better comparison.

I doubt taking on any of this in court would be an easy ride, or someone would have already done it, but with human rights and employment laws changing things over the last few years,  I’m sure at some point one or more of the rules like this will be challenged legally.

Archived