IGNORED

Flashlights

Bristolisredd

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Ah yes, the good old days when torches were permitted at Ashton Gate.

image.jpeg.1bc9f63dcfd4c7be86c7096deaafec67.jpeg

That’ll be the Gas S*** Squad marching down Gloucester rd looking for Wally when they go bust.

I'm actually confused here.....So people are grumpy that other fans have different ways of making a atmosphere ?! 

Aslong as its something to give a postive atmosphere rather than booing or just sitting there... maybe those who don't like it could think of more chants or other ways to teach the younger generation how to give a good atmosphere?

Im from the  early 90s era and have noticed over time it get quieter as different fans attend ( not sure about this season as i work saturdays)  and  I do think if ppl want a bigger atmosphere ppl would join the south stand in singing?! 

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

I'm actually confused here.....So people are grumpy that other fans have different ways of making a atmosphere ?! 

Aslong as its something to give a postive atmosphere rather than booing or just sitting there... maybe those who don't like it could think of more chants or other ways to teach the younger generation how to give a good atmosphere?

Im from the  early 90s era and have noticed over time it get quieter as different fans attend ( not sure about this season as i work saturdays)  and  I do think if ppl want a bigger atmosphere ppl would join the south stand in singing?! 

Please explain how flashing a phone torch adds to the atmosphere? 

2 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

A sea of scarves. Raucous singing. Flags. Colour. Banter. A healthy exchange between home and away fans. That's an atmosphere. 

A Samsung S10 flashlight is for finding your slippers in the middle of the night when you need a pee, not for improving the atmosphere at a Championship football match. 

53 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Please explain how flashing a phone torch adds to the atmosphere? 

Its what the younger generation want to do and if they are enjoying themselves when there is a atmopshere  there is more chance they might join in chants or wave their scarves .

There are different types of fans these days and if we want to sell out games and get the younger generation onboard then things like this will happen and it might be cringey but its adding to their matchday experience and hopefully encourage them to come to every game/more often and then bring their own kids etc...

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A sea of scarves. Raucous singing. Flags. Colour. Banter. A healthy exchange between home and away fans. That's an atmosphere. 

A Samsung S10 flashlight is for finding your slippers in the middle of the night when you need a pee, not for improving the atmosphere at a Championship football match. 

Yes, but how do you find your S10 in the first place with no light?

Archived