Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Flashlights


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Ah yes, the good old days when torches were permitted at Ashton Gate.

image.jpeg.1bc9f63dcfd4c7be86c7096deaafec67.jpeg

 

That’ll be the Gas S*** Squad marching down Gloucester rd looking for Wally when they go bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Noticed it in the 2nd half again today seems to start off in the Lansdown even the Huddersfield fans joined in at one point

There was a Huddersfield fan who appeared to be communicating by morse. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm actually confused here.....So people are grumpy that other fans have different ways of making a atmosphere ?! 

Aslong as its something to give a postive atmosphere rather than booing or just sitting there... maybe those who don't like it could think of more chants or other ways to teach the younger generation how to give a good atmosphere?

Im from the  early 90s era and have noticed over time it get quieter as different fans attend ( not sure about this season as i work saturdays)  and  I do think if ppl want a bigger atmosphere ppl would join the south stand in singing?! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

 I'm actually confused here.....So people are grumpy that other fans have different ways of making a atmosphere ?! 

Aslong as its something to give a postive atmosphere rather than booing or just sitting there... maybe those who don't like it could think of more chants or other ways to teach the younger generation how to give a good atmosphere?

Im from the  early 90s era and have noticed over time it get quieter as different fans attend ( not sure about this season as i work saturdays)  and  I do think if ppl want a bigger atmosphere ppl would join the south stand in singing?! 

Please explain how flashing a phone torch adds to the atmosphere? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

 I'm actually confused here.....So people are grumpy that other fans have different ways of making a atmosphere ?! 

Aslong as its something to give a postive atmosphere rather than booing or just sitting there... maybe those who don't like it could think of more chants or other ways to teach the younger generation how to give a good atmosphere?

Im from the  early 90s era and have noticed over time it get quieter as different fans attend ( not sure about this season as i work saturdays)  and  I do think if ppl want a bigger atmosphere ppl would join the south stand in singing?! 

A sea of scarves. Raucous singing. Flags. Colour. Banter. A healthy exchange between home and away fans. That's an atmosphere. 

A Samsung S10 flashlight is for finding your slippers in the middle of the night when you need a pee, not for improving the atmosphere at a Championship football match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Please explain how flashing a phone torch adds to the atmosphere? 

Its what the younger generation want to do and if they are enjoying themselves when there is a atmopshere  there is more chance they might join in chants or wave their scarves .

There are different types of fans these days and if we want to sell out games and get the younger generation onboard then things like this will happen and it might be cringey but its adding to their matchday experience and hopefully encourage them to come to every game/more often and then bring their own kids etc...

Edited by miketh2nd
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A sea of scarves. Raucous singing. Flags. Colour. Banter. A healthy exchange between home and away fans. That's an atmosphere. 

A Samsung S10 flashlight is for finding your slippers in the middle of the night when you need a pee, not for improving the atmosphere at a Championship football match. 

Yes, but how do you find your S10 in the first place with no light?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...