IGNORED

Which player leaving has affected us most over the years

Unan

On 26/11/2019 at 08:12, iamalagerdrinker said:

Webster for me! Another good question would be who has become a better player since leaving aswell?

On the topic of who became better after leaving Bolasie wins it hands down. At the time I thought 300k or whatever he went for was an absolute steal, turns out I couldn't have been more wrong.

On 26/11/2019 at 09:24, Seneca the Younger said:

We miss him for sure, but in relation to the amount I thought we would miss him, Moore & Williams have been revelations for us. 

Webster being not present has affected the passing patterns of the team. That has not been replaced and neither has its potential x Bentley x Nagy. In your opening post you may be displaying a admiration for the way Mr Johnsons team played for a short period. Webster would have helped to advance that teams fast play and high pressing as well. 

Potential and logical easily achieved progress due to his skill set went with this player leaving.

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Webster being not present has affected the passing patterns of the team. That has not been replaced and neither has its potential x Bentley x Nagy. In your opening post you may be displaying a admiration for the way Mr Johnsons team played for a short period. Webster would have helped to advance that teams fast play and high pressing as well. 

Potential and logical easily achieved progress due to his skill set went with this player leaving.

For all his exceptional talent , Webster in the team made us too easy to play against as opponents closed him down a lot quicker as his reputation grew.

He was less affective near the end of the season.

On 26/11/2019 at 10:26, Redpool said:

Paul Hartley was the last player we never replaced. Still crying out for that type of midfielder. 

A couple of people have mentioned him - but he did nothing for me at all. His arrival sparked the beginning of the end for GJ. I may be totally wrong, but to me he seemed to be a ‘Billy Big Bollocks’ and the cause of a dressing-room cancer. 

Like I said, I may be wrong - just gave me that impression. 

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

For all his exceptional talent , Webster in the team made us too easy to play against as opponents closed him down a lot quicker as his reputation grew.

He was less affective near the end of the season.

Exceptional footballing talent makes a team harder play against. Websters passing efficiency creates more opportunity and flexibility. 

Lee Johnson has toyed with possession based football. He has been limited by having a number one who cannot be used as an adept extra outfield player. Now he has one he is limited by not having a footballing centre back.

Lee Johnson has also toyed with highlines. He now has a keeper who could sweep and help the team play higher. Again he is limited by his CB's. Bristol City could play higher and counter press more if that was a desire with Webster in the team.

All potential lost. 

Archived