IGNORED

Jacki

Bristol Rob

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

My memory of Jacki was that he was very gifted but certainly not a team player.  
Russel Osman summed him up after he’d left him out when he said  “a few tricks and a 30yd shot is not enough”

There are two players that I remember very fondly, Gerry Gow ( of course) and more recently Scot Murray particularly in his 20 goal season. Both terrific players who excited me and the crowd every time they had the ball. 

To me Jacki was a show pony and whilst I smiled seeing his tricks and flicks he never impressed me in the same was as GG had or SM did a few seasons later.

Russell Osman was a good footballer...........but an extremely poor manager, he is hardly coming from a position of strength with stupid comments like that.  If he had not been such a boring pragmitist, and had tried to fit Jacki into the team.......then he might have lasted longer than five minutes as City manager

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Russell Osman was a good footballer...........but an extremely poor manager, he is hardly coming from a position of strength with stupid comments like that.  If he had not been such a boring pragmitist, and had tried to fit Jacki into the team.......then he might have lasted longer than five minutes as City manager

Agree about Osman being a poor manager but he knew that no team could carry a mercurial talent like Jacki game after game. His comment was spot on in my view.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:32, BanburyRed said:

The game at Leicester in the FA Cup, if you saw that and never saw a live game ever again, you wouldn't feel short changed. Worth the entry fee and some that day. Majestic beyond belief considering the conditions. It was a joy to watch.

#polishinternational

Anyone who was there will never forget it. It`s as fresh now in my mind`s eye as it was all those years ago.

Archived