Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rob

Jacki

16 minutes ago, redstu said:

Newbie ! I have been on here as long as I can remember I just choose not to comment, however when I see such a brain dead comment about the most gifted and entertaining player ever to grace the gate then I have to say something, I do find some of your wind up comments quite amusing sometimes but am now of the opinion of most on here that you sir are a **** 

Most newbies say that they’ve been reading otib for ages before posting................:rofl2br:

Anyway........my point is that if you react in an aggressive and abusive manner when you see a comment that you disagree with  then I suggest you refrain from posting..................:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Most newbies say that they’ve been reading otib for ages before posting................:rofl2br:

Anyway........my point is that if you react in an aggressive and abusive manner when you see a comment that you disagree with  then I suggest you refrain from posting..................:cool2:

Sept 29th 2010 !🖕🏾

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Woodsy said:

'the likes of Shelton', you take that back immediately!

As Rob said, Jacki was the brightest of shining lights at that time and worth every penny it cost to get in. As with all threads about Jacki the flick against Ipswich deserves a mention. One of the most outrageous pieces of skill I've seen at the Gate

The Wolves game, I lost my car keys in the East End that night, got let back in with my mates to have a search about 30 mins after the game finished. Remember just having a moment looking out on the pitch, once the keys had been located, and taking in what we'd just witnessed. A win against Wolves back then was rarer than it is today

Great memories

the flick against Ipswich was outstanding, never seen anything like it - unbelievable there are even people questioning his status as a legend. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

the flick against Ipswich was outstanding, never seen anything like it - unbelievable there are even people questioning his status as a legend. 

after that flick, I recall a chant of 'Jacki, Jacki take the p***s' echoing around AG for the rest of the match every time he got the ball.  Ipswich were en route to promotion at that point so were no mugs, but he made complete mugs of them that day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

He’s like a hundred now...

....no thanks

😄 yeah! But,unfortunately, still a better finisher than we have at the moment.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, redstu said:

Sept 29th 2010 !🖕🏾

Btw........I’m not alone in seeing beyond Jacki’s skills and not sharing in the love-in for him. 

The game at Leicester in the FA Cup, if you saw that and never saw a live game ever again, you wouldn't feel short changed. Worth the entry fee and some that day. Majestic beyond belief considering the conditions. It was a joy to watch.

#polishinternational

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I'm surprised he remembers life at Bristol City. He was pissed most of the time

I saw him pissed twice at 3pm  falling out of the Ádám and Eve.........that was a regular occurrence apparently.

58 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The game at Leicester in the FA Cup, if you saw that and never saw a live game ever again, you wouldn't feel short changed.

Not forgetting I provided the assist for our first......!

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

My memory of Jacki was that he was very gifted but certainly not a team player.  
Russel Osman summed him up after he’d left him out when he said  “a few tricks and a 30yd shot is not enough”

There are two players that I remember very fondly, Gerry Gow ( of course) and more recently Scot Murray particularly in his 20 goal season. Both terrific players who excited me and the crowd every time they had the ball. 

To me Jacki was a show pony and whilst I smiled seeing his tricks and flicks he never impressed me in the same was as GG had or SM did a few seasons later.

Russell Osman was a good footballer...........but an extremely poor manager, he is hardly coming from a position of strength with stupid comments like that.  If he had not been such a boring pragmitist, and had tried to fit Jacki into the team.......then he might have lasted longer than five minutes as City manager

Edited by maxjak

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Russell Osman was a good footballer...........but an extremely poor manager, he is hardly coming from a position of strength with stupid comments like that.  If he had not been such a boring pragmitist, and had tried to fit Jacki into the team.......then he might have lasted longer than five minutes as City manager

Agree about Osman being a poor manager but he knew that no team could carry a mercurial talent like Jacki game after game. His comment was spot on in my view.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:32, BanburyRed said:

The game at Leicester in the FA Cup, if you saw that and never saw a live game ever again, you wouldn't feel short changed. Worth the entry fee and some that day. Majestic beyond belief considering the conditions. It was a joy to watch.

#polishinternational

Anyone who was there will never forget it. It`s as fresh now in my mind`s eye as it was all those years ago.