IGNORED

Matty (Matt) Taylor

freezer

The only possible reason to bring Taylor back, is to force Oxfords hand to make it permanent , and get a few £££'s out of them. 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yes  we could force him to come back but how motivated would the lad be ?

TBH Major, I don't think that's the first thing on the boards mind. If we get our money back I'd say it was a good deal all round. I wouldn't bring him back to play tough.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I'm sure he has a nice tasty promotion bonus in his contract.

It would literally be for 5 months and then he is free to explore whatever options he likes. 

Matty is nothing but professional and I'm sure if he came back he would continue to act professionally. 

If it were me, I’d be trying to get a loan deal done for Nketiah, etc (whoever we think are realistic options), in the opening two weeks of the window, and then decide whether we’ve got to be cruel to be kind and recall Matty.  We have missed him off the bench, and he’s someone I grew to like during his time here.  Plus a good bloke for the dressing room.  He might not be top drawer, but if we can’t get the guys we want, then why not bring him back.

11 hours ago, RedRock said:

Was thinking the other day. Who was the last goal-scoring forward we produced through our youth/academy system? I could only think of Kevin Mabbutt. 

I know these things take time... but more than 40 years to produce our next striker!!! Not counting on Janneh or Semenyo to be the next Mabbutt either just yet. 

I think that Semenyo might be that person...just not yet.  With the benefit of hindsight, he should have gone to a League 1 side to continue his development whilst Morrell remained in our squad as the homegrown player.  Oh well...

Archived