IGNORED

Louis Britton recalled from yate

pride of the west

Just now, pride of the west said:

I thought that might be the case but I'm pretty sure he will still be training with us in the week anyway and we could have still played him in the under 23s. 

Yeh, I'd heard he was knocking around Failand in the week anyway. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that he may get some first XI time - but that would be some meteoric rise! He's done well...but Yate are semi-pro and play at a level with the Met. Police, WSM, and Swindon Supermarine.

Surely he's gonna be given a real close look over December, matches in our U23s, and then go off for a half season at a higher level.

13 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Are we considering putting him in the matchday squad? Or are we lining up a loan higher up the non league pyramid?

Not at all surprised by this - was very much on the cards...

Wouldn't be surprised to see Semenyo out on loan & Louis on the bench as our 'developed' player come January..

5 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I thought that might be the case but I'm pretty sure he will still be training with us in the week anyway and we could have still played him in the under 23s. 

Maybe absolutely smashing it in training and looks like he could do some bits for the first team. Would be an unbelievable step up though. 

What a story it would be if he was on the bench tonight, e.g. Semenyo injured so needed a club developed player.....then I realised he doesn’t qualify yet!  It was a nice thought whilst it lasted.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Torquay United? 

Could be....Janneh back to us, Louis to Torkwa!

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Torquay United? 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a story it would be if he was on the bench tonight, e.g. Semenyo injured so needed a club developed player.....then I realised he doesn’t qualify yet!  It was a nice thought whilst it lasted.

Could be....Janneh back to us, Louis to Torkwa!

I assumed the idea was to bring Janneh back with thoughts of some first team minutes, they did say something about getting fit down there. I'm not sure he's scored since he's gone back, so not really tearing it up, though it would allow Semenyo to get a decent run of games somewhere. It would be a decent step up for Louis, good test. 

Archived