IGNORED

Not strong enough, not quick enough, not big enough, not good enough. Half time snapshot.

Prinny

What we just saw in the first half was the direct difference between top Championship/low Premier league players and bottom half championship players.

Bailey Wright is not physically capable of playing at this level. It's laughable watching him vs pace.

Callum O'Dowda looks like a lost child. Him trying to go around the outside of their fullback and bouncing off him.. yikes.

There's even a big difference between mid tier champ players and what they have. Brownhill's mistake, Palmer being lazy for just a second, Weimann unable to match the fullbacks pace and size when he beat him technically.

There's a gap. It's as massive as Massengo's hair.

I don't think we concede either goal if Kalas is on the pitch. And hey, who knew, we still need that striker.

Hope it all changes in the second half and we win the game.

More than that we can’t overcome it because no one knows if they will be playing or where they will be playing. West Brom are 4231 when it isn’t working they go to a bigger striker or change like for like. 

Physically and athletically we just don’t recruit athletic players or technically gifted players. We have bought a side of average athletes of average height with average technical ability. Their one outstanding trait is work rate. This keeps us in lots of games but why we fall short against good teams. Said it a week or so a go, this isn’t a playoff side. Lee Johnson’s tactics have gone backwards for at least the last 18 months and probably 24. This club is going nowhere fast. 8-9 windows and 60m gets you 1 shot on target in 2 games and a team devoid of any ideas how to break anyone down

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

More than that we can’t overcome it because no one knows if they will be playing or where they will be playing. West Brom are 4231 when it isn’t working they go to a bigger striker or change like for like. 

Physically and athletically we just don’t recruit athletic players or technically gifted players. We have bought a side of average athletes of average height with average technical ability. Their one outstanding trait is work rate. This keeps us in lots of games but why we fall short against good teams. Said it a week or so a go, this isn’t a playoff side. Lee Johnson’s tactics have gone backwards for at least the last 18 months and probably 24. This club is going nowhere fast. 8-9 windows and 60m gets you 1 shot on target in 2 games and a team devoid of any ideas how to break anyone down

Harsh , but true 

1 minute ago, daored said:

Harsh , but true 

I am just so bored and frustrated. Afobe thing really screwed us. Not just the goal threat but has made our creative players less affective as a result but we needed more than Afobe in the summer. The last bit said with hindsight though

Full time, same opinion tbh. We make mistakes and we're instantly punished with a chance if not a goal. Adam Nagy, who I like, makes mistakes and there's one chance and one goal.

If you recall that Eliasson break. He doesn't have the raw pace to get away from his man, and his ball inside was cut out. Lack of physical ability, lack of technical excellence.

This is all comparative btw, West Brom are the best team in the league currently. But we also saw it vs Leeds. There's a gap in quality. Not hating on the players, you get what you pay for.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Only one shot on goal from which we got a goal.

However several silly mistakes have given WBA three of their goals without even working hard for them. We really are looking a very poor side.

Agreed.

The mistakes were dreadful, that was  self destruction football - not acceptable.

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I would say that our best athletes are Afobe and Kalas, they're difference makers and not playing. As for technique, we clearly miss Webster, this was the one signing of 5 that we didn't make just before the transfer  window closed.

I'm pretty sure we know what's wrong, and it has to be got right in the next window or two. 

Our midfield is so lightweight with not a nasty barsteward in sight and Sawyers won't have an easier game this season. Apart from that our passing was shocking almost the whole game and we looked like a team full of strangers. Weimann is constantly having to shout at players to push up and press but rarely gets a response. We are desperate for a quality striker but I also think we need some quality and bite in the middle.

22 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I would say that our best athletes are Afobe and Kalas, they're difference makers and not playing. As for technique, we clearly miss Webster, this was the one signing of 5 that we didn't make just before the transfer  window closed.

I'm pretty sure we know what's wrong, and it has to be got right in the next window or two. 

My only problems is we have had windows to build and feels like a different direction every summer. Plus, we didn’t have to sell Webster so close to the end of the window. All the arguments about unhappy players are valid but at the end of the day I am sure he would have gotten over it and played at a high level to keep the chance of another move open. 

Kalas a big loss. Afobe a massive loss. Agreed and adds some perspective but don’t think them missing means we should look as poor as we do. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

My only problems is we have had windows to build and feels like a different direction every summer. Plus, we didn’t have to sell Webster so close to the end of the window. All the arguments about unhappy players are valid but at the end of the day I am sure he would have gotten over it and played at a high level to keep the chance of another move open. 

Kalas a big loss. Afobe a massive loss. Agreed and adds some perspective but don’t think them missing means we should look as poor as we do. 

Yep, losing one player at a position shouldn't mean a massive drop off. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not just losing those two. We look so devoid of creativity, great to have Smith back but can you see him as a game changer in an attacking sense?

We set out tonight with 3 center backs who are all good at defending balls down the middle, none are quick none are comfortable bringing the ball forward. Against the top sides we must be so easy to defend against, if we go in h/t behind it's the normal thing, bring on Elllison get him to swing balls into the box. Billic must have known the changes before  Johnson.

Hate to be negative but it's all so predictable.

Archived