Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ohhhshauntaylor

Massengo.

He might l, bit much expecting Korey to play again. 
I have a feeling a shape change will come, but depends how we set up. We need more of a cutting edge after 1 point from the last 2 games, and being generally toothless at home for ages. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eliasson to start, with Fam in and COD missing out. A 4-3-3 , 4-1-2-3 sort of thing, with Brownhill and HNM infant of Nagy , Eliasson, Weimann and Fam front 3. 

I hope we start with close enough the team that started the 2nd half barring players coming back from injury, therefore feel we have better options in a midfield 2 than HNM

I feel like LJ went to 3-5-2 because we had Kalas, Williams, Baker and Moore all playing well and needing game time.

Now two of them are injured he is too slow to change it. We just don't have the right squad to play that effectively.

Go back to 4411 with Eliasson and Diedhou playing together regularly.

• Like 1

How do people feel about singing his song before he's playing and we're like 0-0? Seems a bit weird, there's 11 on the pitch to sing about. 

Edited by Prinny
typos

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

How do people feel about singing his song before he's playing and we're like 0-0? Seems a bit weird, there's 11 on the pitch to sing about. 

Fans favourite and maybe because we should be playing him but I don’t know why we should be saying about fans singing songs when we don’t sing at home 

Nagy needs to be left out of the team and substitutes on Saturday. Had a shocker and unfortunately seemed way out of his depth. 
Palmer as well had a shocker. Been disappointing since he signed in the summer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shelts said:

Weak as piss midfield. Need some muscle like Livermore who broke play up by any means . Brownhill awful as was Naggy 

I think you are right , there is a total love I on here for Josh, he does not do enough IMHO

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

He isn’t as good as Nagy, Smith or Brownhill. Fourth choice CM at the mo, potential or not

Brownhill at fault for first goal and lacked creativity throughout the game . Why does he play ? Start massengo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think you are right , there is a total love I on here for Josh, he does not do enough IMHO

He’s got great ability and a good engine I thought with pack going he would blossom,  maybe it will take a little longer but I’m pretty sure he will

57 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have a feeling a shape change will come, but depends how we set up. We need more of a cutting edge after 1 point from the last 2 games, and being generally toothless at home for ages. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eliasson to start, with Fam in and COD missing out. A 4-3-3 , 4-1-2-3 sort of thing, with Brownhill and HNM infant of Nagy , Eliasson, Weimann and Fam front 3. 

Not saying i dont rate them but Brownass and weinman look jaded the midfield completely over run

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Get on message please. LJ made him captain and is talking him up to the media as a superstar in the making.

They clearly have him lined up as the next big money sale to balance the books. So don't expect him to be dropped any time soon.

• Like 3

Nagy still doesn't look 100%. Massengo is going to be knocking on the managers door holding hands with Elliasson tomorrow, making a case to start...And so they should.

Our midfield was shocking tonight. The idea that any of them play before Massengo or Elliasson on that performance is a question for LJ and he will be considering it, he's just said as much and I agree!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

we should play 11 players who can kick the ball to each other.

then we should kick the ball closer to the goal.

and then kick the ball in the goal.

Have you considered a career in football management? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

He isn’t as good as Nagy, Smith or Brownhill. Fourth choice CM at the mo, potential or not

From what I've seen he's currently in better form than Nagy 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Me too.

56 minutes ago, shelts said:

Weak as piss midfield. Need some muscle like Livermore who broke play up by any means . Brownhill awful as was Naggy 

Yep, his role, albeit got a bit more to his game than that.  Rarely goes over the top, just steadily accumulates tempo-breaking tackles, and a nice dead leg for COD.  Pretty sure I wrote somewhere that you need a ref who tots them up and cards him.  Geoff Eltringham was ok tonight, but he is not the ref to book a player of Livermore’s standing for multiple fouls.

39 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Get on message please. LJ made him captain and is talking him up to the media as a superstar in the making.

They clearly have him lined up as the next big money sale to balance the books. So don't expect him to be dropped any time soon.

and don't forget that we have an England goalkeeper in the making?

FFS, you have just got the cynic in me talking  BIG TIME

Edited by AppyDAZE

Keep seeing Nagi mentioned but he’s not been that influential at all, nor was he against Wales. LJ needs to forget reputation and go for current ability, for some reason Callum would rather play the back pass, my feeling is that is what LJ wants - the negativity has to go or we as a team are going nowhere 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

Yep, his role, albeit got a bit more to his game than that.  Rarely goes over the top, just steadily accumulates tempo-breaking tackles, and a nice dead leg for COD.  Pretty sure I wrote somewhere that you need a ref who tots them up and cards him.  Geoff Eltringham was ok tonight, but he is not the ref to book a player of Livermore’s standing for multiple fouls.

clever . Cynical. Observer will take the ref  to task over the non caution of Livermore. A canny enforcer !!

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Love smith to bits but he was an absolute passenger tonight. To keep him on the pitch for the full 90 was a joke, massengo young or not, good or bad, wouldve made an impact on the game.

Edited by Kempson

I wouldn’t write Nagy off just yet. He still needs to get back up to speed. Still the best defensive midfielder we have at the club IMO.

• Like 3

So, let's summarise. 

*based on the multiple oracles in the forum:

Brownhill & Nagy, both need leaving out Saturday, after tonight's performances. 

Korey needs a rest, so leave him out. 

Bring back Massengo, yep OK, but who else in midfield?

Are we unable to just accept that collectively it was a poor performance, in part eccentuated by the fact that WBA played pretty well. Livermore, Pereira and Robson-Kanu just got in to our faces at every opportunity, and we wilted. 

The first goal, Brownhill c0ck up (it happens). Their 2nd goal was just a classic free kick. The 3rd, offside and the 4th was 'lucky' in so much as Bentley's save was good, but fell to Austin from the rebound off of the post. 

We played probably the best team in the division, and lost. It happens. 

We're still (admittedly, in part due to everybody else's fragility) right in the mix. 

Last night was poor, but we'll improve. 

• Like 3

I think the reaction to Nagy is a bit overboard. He had a terrible game, but he played well v Forest so odd to write him off.

Pereira was also wretched but we've seen him play well.

Wright was horrendous...and that's par for the course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

It is quite strange that for 10 or more games he near enough played every minute now he can't get 1min.

Is he injured or part of Jono's master plan?

There were no alternatives, everyone was injured.

Imo , Nagy did ok, was trying to be busy. Brownhill was off the pace, and the header for their first goal highlighted how we set up opportunities for them , time after time. Smith showed flashes. Misplaced passes killed us all night. On Livermore, if he was in a red shirt he would have been booked early on, and having to be careful. That booking for Korey was a joke, specially as the limo was 2 yards away.

i can understand the formation, but the whole evening swings on bad passes. We lose possession for both goals to go 2-0, then we are chasing the game. The difference in quick short passing to feet that they did, and what we served up was stark. Yes , there were spell we knocked it around nicely, but with no outlet movement you end up hitting channels. We did look better later, but I think that was partly the game plan. Keep it tight and then push on. Two down and that plan is buggered.

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

I feel like LJ went to 3-5-2 because we had Kalas, Williams, Baker and Moore all playing well and needing game time.

Now two of them are injured he is too slow to change it. We just don't have the right squad to play that effectively.

Go back to 4411 with Eliasson and Diedhou playing together regularly.

What happened to the days of football when teams could go an entire season with the same back 4?

Where do they make such brittle players? We certainly have a loyalty card there. 

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I said leading up to this game, he should have been in attacking midfield tonight with Korey and Nagy sitting, Brownhill right and Eliasson left.

Not often I disagree with you JonD. Last night was not the game for Massengo. He would have been totally dominated in the same way Nagy was. Saturday perhaps...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kempson said:

Love smith to bits but he was an absolute passenger tonight. To keep him on the pitch for the full 90 was a joke, massengo young or not, good or bad, wouldve made an impact on the game.

Trouble was he messed the selection up originally then lost O Dowda so put himself into the position where he had to keep him on.  I'd be amazed if he is involved at all versus Huddersfield.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kempson said:

The problem was the shape had to be changed meaning the players subbed were basically forced on us

Getting the line up wrong and the injury to CO'D was the bigger problem

For Saturday.

Brownhill Nagy Massengo Eliasson

Palmer

Weimann

OR The above but with Diedhiou pairing Weimann. Yet I still think that in the medium-long run, we need to find a way to get Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo on the pitch- plus Palmer behind Weimann should fit well tactically- definitely better to date than Weimann paired with Diedhiou or Palmer behind Diedhiou.

Eliasson is a puzzle- creates the chances as we can see, yet does he have the tactical flexibility needed?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

I thought Gibbs should have been booked on several occasions last night.

Not taking anything away from a very good Vaggies side but I sensed that the officials wanted them to win .