Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

ohhhshauntaylor

Massengo.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought Gibbs should have been booked on several occasions last night.

Not taking anything away from a very good Vaggies side but I sensed that the officials wanted them to win .

On that note.

2 offside goals albeit when we were already losing, and LJ has questioned whether their free kick goal should have stood.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spirit-game-what-rules-say-3585696

Do I think the better side won? Certainly- we got few favours though!

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Nagy has one poor game against the best team in the league and everyone writes him off. Was our best player by a mile on Saturday. He deserves another chance atleast

He's clearly quality - best to ignore the kneejerk reactions immediately after a game, it's just people venting. They don't necessarily mean it when they have time to reflect. 

Nagy made a mistake for the third goal but I feel he's getting a bit of an unfair slating on a night when the entire midfield was ineffective. I don't think Nagy was worse than Brownhill or Smith. All three were pretty much anonymous. At the same time, I also wonder if that was a combo of fitness and tactical instruction. Neither Smith nor, I suspect, Nagy are wholly defensive players but we seemed to be expecting them both to sit deep and it handed control of the midfield to West Brom.

I think Massengo is a more raw and inconsistent talent than the other three but I also think he has a bit more creativity and ability to do the unexpected. 

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's clearly quality - best to ignore the kneejerk reactions immediately after a game, it's just people venting. They don't necessarily mean it when they have time to reflect. 

I’ve seen so many a day after the game. Brownhill getting away with criticism again

13 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I’ve seen so many a day after the game. Brownhill getting away with criticism again

Why did he go and play LW after Eliasson had started the second half really well there.

On 27/11/2019 at 21:28, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Must start Saturday. 

Was superb today- he is an essential part of what makes us good- I’m just going to enjoy him whilst we have it- I don’t think it will be very long. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Was superb today- he is an essential part of what makes us good- I’m just going to enjoy him whilst we have it- I don’t think it will be very long. 

He does things at 18 that you just don’t see from others at this level.  Saw similar “things” in another 18 year old during his time here - Tammy.

There were 2 or 3 occasions today where his perfect first touch and then body position took the sting out of pressure situation, either being able to retain the ball, get fouled or buy time for others with a perfectly weighted pass.

LJ might need to give him a rest fairly regularly, it’s a tough league, and we now have Korey to fill-in.  Seems weird saying “fill-in” re Korey, but he needs to fight his way back in.

• Like 6

Just as an aside, was it Massengo our back line was all having a go at after their second? Seemed a bit harsh as not sure there was much more he could have done!

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Just as an aside, was it Massengo our back line was all having a go at after their second? Seemed a bit harsh as not sure there was much more he could have done!

Yes, he tried to get his body between ball and man, when Imho and the guy next to me, he should’ve just swung his boot at it.

• Like 1