IGNORED

Taxi

Alan Dicks

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Why is a defeat likely at Fulham? It may happen but they're not that wonderful. With Bryan's form this season in losing the striker he should gift us a goal. FFS if we win their again this season then SL should demand rent for Craven Cottage as we clearly own the place. 

Its likely because they are decent at home and clearly should be higher up the table. I would say we are also due a loss there too. Very happy to be proved wrong.

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

I think if we lose Saturday he has to go

The last time I left a game thinking we played well was 2years ago I think about like his dad he taken us as far as he can, but sl won’t sack his yes boy so we’re stuck with him 

jesus wept. get a grip you dopey git. 

For me, it's not an argument about the year on year progress - the stats back that up and despite how we've been playing, we're still well placed this season.

What is overlooked is the potential that these players have - Bentley, Kalas, Williams, Nagy, Brownhill, Massengo, Palmer, Eliasson. This group could get us out of the division at a canter with a decent January striker and a pattern of play that doesn't just set out to nullify the opposition.

I like LJ a lot but this squad should be doing better.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Not supporting the ‘taxi’ but the flaws are clear to see. 7th totally flatters is @JoeAman08.

He has had a load of money to spend and yes, we have sold key players but that was embarrassing.

• We made a net profit of nearly £30m on transfers in summer 2018, and a significant profit in summer 2019
  • We've had long-term injuries in pretty much every position where we have little cover
  • We're outside the play-offs on goal difference when every team inside (bar Preston) has a significantly larger wage/transfer budget than us
  • We've lost three games all season

Maybe someone could do a better job but come on. LJ deserves some balance.

53 minutes ago, Highguy said:

2008 we lost play off finals to hull we played well that season

2015 cotts double winning season 

sorry if years are wrong a little high after watching wba treat us like Mia kalifa 

we bottled it last 2 season we should of atleast made play off with positions we been in

just my opinion everyone has theirs

Your right, but there are some on here that can see no wrong they know who they are, you have every right to be disappointed I am as well, and we have thrown away good positions in the last few years and at the moment look like we will fall short again there is still time for it to all turn around of course.

3 hours ago, Highguy said:

I think if we lose Saturday he has to go

The last time I left a game thinking we played well was 2years ago I think about like his dad he taken us as far as he can, but sl won’t sack his yes boy so we’re stuck with him 

17 posta...........and already such insight and awareness?

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yeh no idea what he is on about.

We are an average championship side who sometimes play well and sometimes play badly. Same with most teams at this level.

I do wonder why some people want us to be beating the likes of Doncaster and Gillingham rather than giving the likes of Forest, Cardiff, Boro etc all a tight game where we don't dominate for 80 minutes.

Forest -we was outplayed in the first half and didn’t have a shot on target for 90 mins and 35 of them against 10 men

cardiff -again we was poor and had 1 shot on target proper smash and grab

boro - we threw away 2 points mistakes costed yet again

wigan - we was poor mistakes costed us and again threw 2 points away

preston - away we threw 2 points away yeah granted ref was poor but again mistakes costed us

barnsley - 2 goal lead against bottom of the table

luton - won’t even get started there 

we dropped 10 points from winning positions so far and 6 of them have been at home. Yeah we have had some bad luck with injuries and decisions but it can’t all be down to just but mistakes are costing us 

I think he needs to set the team up sat to go out and attack , the people who pay players wages deserve to be entertained and 3 shots on target in three games ain’t entertainment, my son watches every week and he said it’s terrible to watch ,come on Johnson when at home let’s get at teams and Then you might hear the roar 

I think the style of football is the problem. It’s been nothing short of awful apart from 6 months since he’s been here. 

Lets not forget although we have sold a lot of players but LJ has spent a hell of a lot of money since he’s been here. People go on about our budget but not too many championship teams spend are lucky to spend 10+ million every season.

LJ needs to let the handbrake off (especially at home) and ditch the 352 

5 hours ago, Highguy said:

Forest -we was outplayed in the first half and didn’t have a shot on target for 90 mins and 35 of them against 10 men

cardiff -again we was poor and had 1 shot on target proper smash and grab

boro - we threw away 2 points mistakes costed yet again

wigan - we was poor mistakes costed us and again threw 2 points away

preston - away we threw 2 points away yeah granted ref was poor but again mistakes costed us

barnsley - 2 goal lead against bottom of the table

luton - won’t even get started there 

we dropped 10 points from winning positions so far and 6 of them have been at home. Yeah we have had some bad luck with injuries and decisions but it can’t all be down to just but mistakes are costing us 

So what - almost teams are this level are throwing away points too. Hence why we are 7th. We are doing relatively well overall.

Home performances and results must improve if we are to make the playoffs. Thats about it. 

8 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Some belters on here tonight 

West Brom are in a different league in terms of size 

we have to sell our best players, buy younger cheaper players in and coach them into better players whilst trying to improve year on year

West Brom can have 70k a week strikers on the bench    That’s our 3Rd defeat in 18 games 

Preston lost 4-0 tonight. Perhaps we will get ALEX Neil in as he surely has to lose his job 

belters ?

What's the excuse with Barnsley, Wigan and Luton?

7 hours ago, RonWalker said:
  • We made a net profit of nearly £30m on transfers in summer 2018, and a significant profit in summer 2019
  • We've had long-term injuries in pretty much every position where we have little cover
  • We're outside the play-offs on goal difference when every team inside (bar Preston) has a significantly larger wage/transfer budget than us
  • We've lost three games all season

Maybe someone could do a better job but come on. LJ deserves some balance.

1 win in 5 with a couple of tough games to come is a concern for anybody. 

Scrappy performances and seemingly no idea what our preferred formation or line up is, should also worry you.

Johnson will know we need to improve, fast.

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

And no one has.

@JoeAman08 was being completely dishonest and has now disappeared after I asked what questions they wanted answered.

No mate I went to sleep I didn’t disappear. Again the questions were posed in another comment easy enough to go back and read it. As far as the original comment and my “dishonesty” if you can’t sense the bit of humour to make it tongue in cheek then it is on you but I am certain it was quite clear. 

The only serious bit in it is that he doesn’t seem to have pressure from SL to put out good performances because they are friends. Only time will tell if that is true or not. 

10 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

We aren’t that bad but 7th clearly flatters us. The only consistent thing about is that we are consistently poor but will grind more than any other side. 

If we’re overachieving then that’s surely a credit to the manager then. Can’t understand why anyone would want to sack Johnson tbh

Taxi? No, but he got plenty wrong last night and really should have come out in the post match interview and said "Firstly, I got it wrong"

Formation was wrong needed changing to give us more of an attacking threat (442?). Palmer should have been hooked after 15 minutes not 45, Wright was not the type of centre back to play against perhaps the fastest and most agile front men in the Champ, Nagy usually tidy on the ball but his laboured tempo made him a target for their middle men. Weimann had no chance and was too isolated......etc

Instead LJ chose to blame four players that didn't turn up and do their jobs. He is right and it was more than four, but lets have some balance Lee. 

27 minutes ago, mozo said:

What's the excuse with Barnsley, Wigan and Luton?

1 win in 5 with a couple of tough games to come is a concern for anybody. 

Scrappy performances and seemingly no idea what our preferred formation or line up is, should also worry you.

Johnson will know we need to improve, fast.

You think Barnsley Wigan and Luton are in a better position than us ??.  If your on about our results against them then you need to realise there are no mugs in this division 

Barnsley beat Fulham and drew away to West Brom 

wigan have beat Charlton And Cardiff 

luton have beat Blackburn Charlton and cardiff

so your point is ?????

10 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Moaners keep - a moaning,

Whores keep - a whoring, 

West Brom keep a scoring,

City are just boring (that's the way it’s staying, baby)

Trade is on the meat rack

Strip joints full of wing backs

Otib keeps a bitchin'

Ain't no use in praying

Johnson ain't so crazy

ER,  that's enough

To be hummed to the tune of ‘Little T&A’ Rolling Stones

Bitch keeps bitchin

Snitcher keeps snitching

etc etc

The worst time to read this forum is immediately after a bad defeat.

On reflection - I feel we were beaten by a better side last night that was full of confidence. WBA have some exceptional players and look likely to be promoted on that showing. 

Diangana in particular I felt looked great, but their overall system (high energy creative midfielders with Hal Robson-Kanu leading the line) just worked really well. Contrast with us playing a system which pretty obviously doesn't maximise our personnel.

I feel unless you've specifically recruited players to play a 5-3-2 (ie Cotterill in the 14/15 season) then it won't work well. You need a ball playing centre half which we didn't have yesterday and you need players who have the attributes to play wingback.. not just players who are primarily full backs filling in. The wingbacks are possibly the most important position in that system so you can't just shoehorn players in there if it doesn't play to their strengths.

I don't really want to see us play 5-3-2 again without Hunt or Dasilva (who I think could have the attributes to play wingback very well) or Taylor Moore (as a ball playing centre half) in the side. 

I think ultimately Johnson got it wrong, but definitely not time to get rid. Despite injuries still in a very good position in the league with plenty of time left to go.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The worst time to read this forum is immediately after a bad defeat.

On reflection - I feel we were beaten by a better side last night that was full of confidence. WBA have some exceptional

I think ultimately Johnson got it wrong, but definitely not time to get rid just yet. Despite injuries still in a very good position in the league with plenty of time left to go.

Spot on PF.

Lots of posters overreact to a loss regardless of who the opposition was.

LJ did get the starting 11 wrong, the Baggies were better than us anyway and it was only the third defeat in 18 and still 7th in the table but some of the uneducated sort are calling for LJs head...............:rofl2br:

You couldn’t make it up, you really couldn’t.

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

If we’re overachieving then that’s surely a credit to the manager then. Can’t understand why anyone would want to sack Johnson tbh

Don’t think we are in a position to sack him. He has done well at this club but I do think it is time he receives some pressure for performances though. Going on two years of backwards performances. 

Home form in particular where there are 20000 people there to support them but their job to entertain. We have taken 45 points from a possible 93. We have scored only 38 goals in those games. That is last year and this. The 2 shots on target in the last 3 games is worrying and we converted those two! Our conversion rate is what is keeping us in the top half and the xG table(not a perfect metric but a good determination on performances) has us 17th. Those xG stats usually even out over a season. There is reason to be concerned about this team

Archived