IGNORED

Taxi

Alan Dicks

11 hours ago, Sniper said:

I'd have taken a point all day long whatever their lineup tonight.

This shows what we're up against if we ever want to go up.

Yes we are spending a lot more on players than we used to, but it's all about balance, and FFP. You can buy promotion but that's not us, and will never be us.

What pains me about this season, is apart from West Brom and those arrogant ricks Leeds there is nothing to be scared off, but once again I don't think the football gods have the stars aligned for us (yet again) and we'll fall short with again? with probably the best chance we''ll have for a very long time to go up.

Given the risk of massive points deductions or demotion from top 2/top 6- I'm not so sure.

I'm glad some of you aren't fans of one of the 20 other Championship clubs who have lost more games than us so far this season. I'd be concerned for your well-being.

We've lost 3 games, 2 of which have come against the current top 2 in the league. Yes we aren't smashing teams out of sight, or playing particularly well at the moment, but what we are doing is picking up points on a consistent basis that is keeping us around the top 6.

To be where we are at this point of the season, with the injuries we have had in the squad, is a damn good job. I'm incredulous at even the suggestion of Johnson out.

We were awful last night, but s*** happens sometimes. Preston got beat 0-4 last night by a mid-table side and they're above us in the league.

I'm not happy clapping anything, but a bit of perspective and big picture thinking sometimes wouldn't go amiss.

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is now plain to see that we have gone as far as we can with Johnson. Mid table mediocrity beckons soon. But at least that is better than relegation. Frustratingly, I think this team is better than mid table though.

Should be in the mix for playoffs IMO- top 2? Never been convinced by that for this season- think Leeds, Fulham and yes though they had some hit and miss early games, WBA and their less than watertight defence made me wonder, all a few notches ahead.

Baseline performance level increasingly concerning too.

10 hours ago, fishy said:

7th the table. One point below 6th. Ravaged by injuries. These kinds of posts are best saved for when we are in a relegation fight

• Hunt
  • Moore
  • Kalas
  • DaSilva
  • Afobe

Perhaps not ravaged but 4-5 s starters right there!

We've had constant rolling issues with injuries this season as well- remember Smith is only just back himself from a long layoff, Nagy was out for 3 months nearly.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:
  • Hunt
  • Moore
  • Kalas
  • DaSilva
  • Afobe

We've had constant rolling issues with injuries this season as well- remember Smith is only just back himself from a long layoff, Nagy was out for 3 months nearly.

Personal opinion but I would say 5 of your first choice starting 11 being unavailable through injury would count as 'ravaged'.

2 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

So what - almost teams are this level are throwing away points too. Hence why we are 7th. We are doing relatively well overall.

Home performances and results must improve if we are to make the playoffs. Thats about it. 

Been saying that every year gets boring after a while. Our home form has been poor we have more draws then an Amsterdam coffeeshop. We are lucky to be 7th and if not careful and sort this out we be dragged back in to things and worrying about barnsley results. if you look how we played this season where does this year on year progression come from it’s really not, I’m not happy with us being a midtable championship side I thought we was going do well this season but after seeing week after week the same wrong decisions but manager and poor performance of players I’m sorry but the yes boy needs to go and he can take O’Dowda with him aswell 

1 minute ago, KingLear said:

Personal opinion but I would say 5 of your first choice starting 11 being unavailable through injury would count as 'ravaged'.

Yes, true- compared to our past injury issues though it's really only moderate! :P

Just now, Highguy said:

Been saying that every year gets boring after a while. Our home form has been poor we have more draws then an Amsterdam coffeeshop. We are lucky to be 7th and if not careful and sort this out we be dragged back in to things and worrying about barnsley results. if you look how we played this season where does this year on year progression come from it’s really not, I’m not happy with us being a midtable championship side I thought we was going do well this season but after seeing week after week the same wrong decisions but manager and poor performance of players I’m sorry but the yes boy needs to go and he can take O’Dowda with him aswell 

Could you define doing well?

What were your expectations- top 2, top 6- top 6 push?

Agree the performance level needs quite a bit of improvement.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, true- compared to our past injury issues though it's really only moderate! :P

Could you define doing well?

What were your expectations- top 2, top 6- top 6 push?

Agree the performance level needs quite a bit of improvement.

After the buisness we done in summer I thought atleast top 6 maybe even sneak in top 2 but I haven’t seen one performance that suggest we are close enough to 

• Admin
12 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pathetic comment.

Is that you Sean O'D?

11 hours ago, shelts said:

Expected nothing tonight . We go again Saturday. 

The day we "expect nothing" is the day we stop turning up, we weren't playing Barcelona, most of the problems last night were down to individual errors not being that badly outplayed

When you say "We go again", to me that implies we have done something already? We're stumbling through yet another season 

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

You have eyes go back and read it or better yet don’t bother. We are in 7th place and LJ has us firing on all cylinders. Go be happy 

This comment has finished me - we are screwed !!!

6 minutes ago, Highguy said:

After the buisness we done in summer I thought atleast top 6 maybe even sneak in top 2 but I haven’t seen one performance that suggest we are close enough to 

Was never expecting top 2 this season personally- a lot of new players, big change over recent years.

I was expecting though a strong top 6 push- maybe next year top 2 as I always saw it as a 2 year window tbh. I was certainly expecting better performances and tactical setup!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was never expecting top 2 this season personally- a lot of new players, big change over recent years.

I was expecting though a strong top 6 push- maybe next year top 2 as I always saw it as a 2 year window tbh. I was certainly expecting better performances and tactical setup!

Always thought it would be between wba and Fulham but Sneaking in the top 2 was very wishful hoping on my part always expected top 6 but I can’t think of one game this season I’ve left afterwards thinking we was awesome today or deserve to be where we are if it wasn’t for Bentley where would we be?

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

You think Barnsley Wigan and Luton are in a better position than us ??.  If your on about our results against them then you need to realise there are no mugs in this division 

Barnsley beat Fulham and drew away to West Brom 

wigan have beat Charlton And Cardiff 

luton have beat Blackburn Charlton and cardiff

so your point is ?????

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:
  • Hunt
  • Moore
  • Kalas
  • DaSilva
  • Afobe

I would say that only Kalas and Afobe would be likely to play regularly the other three would be rotated depending on opposition and if we ever change our formation

This is not aimed at you, but people go on like we are the only side affected by players missing, it is becoming a bit tiresome now how this line is used all the time

11 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Christ why are half the posts in the threads I read just you arguing with people. Give it a rest.

Agree, if people want to argue, do us ALL a favour and take it to the messaging section

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I asked what the questions were because they were buried among several quotes, JoeAman comes back swearing at me and it's my fault?

So why keep responding and fishing for a reply? If you do not respond there is no comeback

I guess you are a passionate supporter, but sometimes it takes the better man to walk away and not respond to a petty comment

2 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Always thought it would be between wba and Fulham but Sneaking in the top 2 was very wishful hoping on my part always expected top 6 but I can’t think of one game this season I’ve left afterwards thinking we was awesome today or deserve to be where we are if it wasn’t for Bentley where would we be?

Had a feeling Leeds too due to the quality of manager and last season, but yes largely agree with your post- though quite enjoyed QPR at home first half and bits of some other games- Charlton at home last half hour plus stoppage.

1 hour ago, Brooko said:

Taxi? No, but he got plenty wrong last night and really should have come out in the post match interview and said "Firstly, I got it wrong"

Formation was wrong needed changing to give us more of an attacking threat (442?). Palmer should have been hooked after 15 minutes not 45, Wright was not the type of centre back to play against perhaps the fastest and most agile front men in the Champ, Nagy usually tidy on the ball but his laboured tempo made him a target for their middle men. Weimann had no chance and was too isolated......etc

Instead LJ chose to blame four players that didn't turn up and do their jobs. He is right and it was more than four, but lets have some balance Lee. 

That is quite literally what he did?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-apologise-lee-johnson-takes-358585

The usual combination of bed wetters and rarely seen before posters suddenly reappearing to stick the boot in after a loss I see, classic OTIB.

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I would say that only Kalas and Afobe would be likely to play regularly the other three would be rotated depending on opposition and if we ever change our formation

This is not aimed at you, but people go on like we are the only side affected by players missing, it is becoming a bit tiresome now how this line is used all the time

DaSilva surely a highly likely regular?

Hunt and Moore are debatable, but the form Hunt in particular was in earlier in the season - was a real outlet. Moore could often consider himself unlucky to be brought off.

I see what you're saying but we quite clearly have more than the "average"- do other clubs have as many medium-long term as us? I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had a feeling Leeds too due to the quality of manager and last season, but yes largely agree with your post- though quite enjoyed QPR at home first half and bits of some other games- Charlton at home last half hour plus stoppage.

I didn’t think Leeds would be in top 2 think they will be top 6 but not enough goals for top 2

Yeah we played nice at times in them 2 games but 10 men with charlton and if it wasn’t for a magic  kp45 ball and brownhill touch finish we drop another 2 points I was happy with late goal not performance

qpr I thought we was okay at times but hugill caused a few problems if I remember and lucky that eze didn’t turn up for them if I remember correctly,

im just worried because we always dip after Xmas and we been lucky to stay this close to play off But if it carry’s on we are in trouble 

As for WBA being better than us, we shopped pretty much in the same market this summer. They have a few from premier league years but not many. Gibbs, Livermore and Phillips. Tbf the last two have been yo yo champ/prem players for years. 

Their standout performers were all available to us this summer with Periera(loan from Portugal), Diangana(loan from premier league), sawyers(3m probably would have to be close to top earner here), Ajayi(who many on here wanted 2m). Even Austin who is probably on a big wedge we competed and got Afobe who had a higher alleged release clause than what they paid for Austin and wages probably not massively different. 

33 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

As for WBA being better than us, we shopped pretty much in the same market this summer. They have a few from premier league years but not many. Gibbs, Livermore and Phillips. Tbf the last two have been yo yo champ/prem players for years. 

Their standout performers were all available to us this summer with Periera(loan from Portugal), Diangana(loan from premier league), sawyers(3m probably would have to be close to top earner here), Ajayi(who many on here wanted 2m). Even Austin who is probably on a big wedge we competed and got Afobe who had a higher alleged release clause than what they paid for Austin and wages probably not massively different. 

Austin is on 70k 

we are not in the same market as wba   Get over it 

12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If we are serious about promotion then Lansdown needs to pick that phone up and give Chris Hughton a call asap!

I rate Hughton a lot. He would get on well with Lansdown and has experience of a higher level. Perhaps it is time for a change.

9 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

And we have the nerve to take the piss out of other clubs for being tinpot.  Absolutely embarrassing. 

3rd loss. Get a grip FFS. 

Absolute snowflakes 

Results are (generally) not too bad.

Surely you can see there is something wrong with the performance level though? LJ just doesn't seem to be getting it right atm.

47 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Austin is on 70k 

we are not in the same market as wba   Get over it 

No we were in the same market. Their starting lineup had 1 player who cost more than out record signing in Livermore. 3 of their front 4 are  loans and frees. They spent 18m on transfers this summer we spent 25m. Their two CBs cost less than Kalas. Their RB from their academy and a teenager. This isn’t Newcastle or Villa when they come down a few seasons ago. It is a rebuilding WBA

Yes of course they pay higher wages they still have PP but this is a reality every year and excuses keep getting made. No one would have said a word if we went out and competed and came up short but we didn’t. We looked piss poor and got dominated. Excuses are dwindling. We were one of the biggest spenders in the division. Recent financial reports suggest we will be a top 10 wage budget this season and yet we can’t muster more than 2 shots on target in 3 games! 

Stop it. I desperately want us to perform and we have the tools to do so. Need to stop rationalising every poor performance and just call it what it is. Not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

He dropped a bollock last night with his first half team selection.  But the overreacting is incredible. 

We are Bristol City and look at the teams below us.  Look at budgets and history. 

A lot of people need to take a step back. 

He’s Been dropping bollocks for with team selections and our performances have been less then acceptable for last 2 years now

didnt realise people couldn’t have their own opinion sorry bud

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

That is quite literally what he did?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-apologise-lee-johnson-takes-358585

The usual combination of bed wetters and rarely seen before posters suddenly reappearing to stick the boot in after a loss I see, classic OTIB.

No he didn't. He apologised for the players not turning up. Big difference Stortz

11 minutes ago, Brooko said:

No he didn't. He apologised for the players not turning up. Big difference Stortz

Well that's not true.

From the linked article:

"I take full responsibility - it's my team and my identity. And we didn't do enough today individually or as a team. Or as a staff.

"I apologise to the fans. They deserve that. They've been fantastic particularly away from home."

What more do you want him to do? Apologise to you specifically? In person to each fan who went?

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

I don't see continual improvement as boring. No idea why you would be against finishing higher each season.

Be careful what you wish for. Generally we've been a higher league one side rather than a side just outside the play-offs in the Championship.

We've also seen LJ go through poor patches and come out the other side fine.

You do know there is absolutely no chance of LJ being sacked with us being in the top half of this league don't you? Luckily the Lansdown's are level headed about these matters.

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I don't see continual improvement as boring. No idea why you would be against finishing higher each season.

Be careful what you wish for. Generally we've been a higher league one side rather than a side just outside the play-offs in the Championship.

We've also seen LJ go through poor patches and come out the other side fine.

You do know there is absolutely no chance of LJ being sacked with us being in the top half of this league don't you? Luckily the Lansdown's are level headed about these matters.

Johnson has a proven record of being a yes boy only reason he kept his job so long

he still doesn’t know the identity of his football and what he wants squad to play

everyone knows we are shocking after Xmas proven Over last few years 

Are you happy going to watch these performances every week?

we could get relegated aslong as he Carry on keep saying yes he keep his job yeah he loses key players but why not say no don’t sell him keep him I make my team around him ignore the money? 

4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Johnson has a proven record of being a yes boy only reason he kept his job so long

he still doesn’t know the identity of his football and what he wants squad to play

we could get relegated aslong as he Carry on keep saying yes he keep his job yeah he loses key players but why not say no don’t sell him keep him I make my team around him ignore the money? 

Bit of a mixed record tbh.

29 points already and quite a few average to poor sides...I think that isn't a great concern tbh.

4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

The reason he has kept his job is continual improvement every year - pretty simple.

The identity this season has been poor due to the amount of injuries. It has been a case of hanging in there with the players available. No big issue.

Last 2 years we have been poor after xmas (well certainly 17/18 - not so much last season else we wouldn't have been near the play-offs by the end). I would expect if injuries clear up with Kalas and Dasilva along with replacing Afobe to see improved performances.

I'm happy with what I've seen away (bar Luton and WBA).

'We could get relegated'. We could do a lot of things. Like I've said, the facts say this is bollocks.

Every club at our level has to sell its best players. We aren't a top club - welcome to the real world.

Archived