IGNORED

Taxi

Alan Dicks

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

MA wanted LJ out? and can't quite remember the rest?  :laugh:

Never change, James. Someone disagrees with your comment so they must be either too thick to get what your wisdom has to offer, or just a plain ******** / eggplant.

I'll tell you what, I'll let you off with the eggplant if you publicly apologise to me, and sent me a Christmas card with a £50 amazon voucher.

Well someone else has literally just corroborated my comment...

How about I'll wait for the apology from you.

17 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

That'll be our two most successful managers in 40 years when you consider league positions.....just saying.

But who looks back and thinks finishing 11th 8th is successful? 

Cotts was a successful manager he won trophies and got us promoted 

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sadly yes, we'd really have to go some to make up that gap in performance quickly enough for results to fall into line with performances IMO.

Possibly though at times during the long LJ bad run in 2016/17, we merited more in a number of games- holding onto it working in reverse this time but I fear that you're right and things will drop off sooner rather than later.

I'm also still holding onto a hope that when we get a near clean bill of health we can go up a gear or 2- and that it's just about staying in and around the top 6 until Christmas.

Injured players returning could well turn performances around. Nagy and Smith are back now...no real improvement just yet but it is very early days.

Now I said I wasn't going to get into xG - but I can't resist as it does give a small glimmer of hope. Essentially, despite the fact we take fewer shots we take better shots. Our average xG value per shot on target (lets ignore the shots that don't even hit the target) so far this season is 0.379. Our collective opponents have averaged an equivalent value of 0.330. This means that our good shots are better than our opponents - roughly 10% better on average. So there's something to cheer us all up.

PS. I fear I am involved in a very different conversation to the rest of this thread.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sir Geoff, right above @AppyDAZE's response to me

Though unsurprising that the forum troll is now joining in with the ignorance.

Well James ....I heard from a very reliable source that Ashton did in fact want LJ sacked and went to SL who refused to listen.

Im actually supporting your comment.............:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Well James ....I heard from a very reliable source that Ashton did in fact want LJ sacked and went to SL who refused to listen.

Im actually supporting your comment.............:cool2:

I genuinely don't care whether you support what I said or not Alan.

Someone else already has, and that's a someone who doesn't have the reputation of being a troll.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Is that you Sean O'D?

The day we "expect nothing" is the day we stop turning up, we weren't playing Barcelona, most of the problems last night were down to individual errors not being that badly outplayed

When you say "We go again", to me that implies we have done something already? We're stumbling through yet another season 

This comment has finished me - we are screwed !!!

Interesting comments 

3 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Agreed but still success in last 40 years

Oh it was a great season and actually a great accomplishment- so much harder to replicate it at this level though.

On a general note, I'm surprised at just how badly it went in 2015/16- was our squad, with a pretty similar tactical framework, really that much worse than that of Sheffield United's in 2017/18? I would say not!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh it was a great season and actually a great accomplishment- so much harder to replicate it at this level though.

On a general note, I'm surprised at just how badly it went in 2015/16- was our squad, with a pretty similar tactical framework, really that much worse than that of Sheffield United's in 2017/18?

2015/2016 season I think it comes down to the row between cotts and SL

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

2015/2016 season I think it comes down to the row between cotts and SL

It comes down to cotts being stubborn in his transfer dealings, tactics and refusal to put youth players on the bench. 

The guy was very close to undoing all of his great work in taking us up in just a few months, thankfully LJ saved us

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It comes down to cotts being stubborn in his transfer dealings, tactics and refusal to put youth players on the bench. 

The guy was very close to undoing all of his great work in taking us up in just a few months, thankfully LJ saved us

To say LJ saved us is abit far he steadied the ship he has a win % of 43.55% in his time in charge which is higher then I thought his dad had a 40.17% cotts was 45.69%

4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

To say LJ saved us is abit far he steadied the ship he has a win % of 43.55% in his time in charge which is higher then I thought his dad had a 40.17% cotts was 45.69%

It’s not far fetched is it. 

We were safely in the relegation zone when he took over, having shown flickering signs of wanting to stay up under Pembo, he took us to a comfortable position in the league where survival was secured with a couple of games to spare. 

Comparing his win record with Cotts (who spent most of his time with us as a league one manager) and GJ (who also had a couple of seasons in league one with us) doesn’t really work, it’d be much better to look at all three as championship managers and then see what their percentages are

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s not far fetched is it. 

We were safely in the relegation zone when he took over, having shown flickering signs of wanting to stay up under Pembo, he took us to a comfortable position in the league where survival was secured with a couple of games to spare. 

Comparing his win record with Cotts (who spent most of his time with us as a league one manager) and GJ (who also had a couple of seasons in league one with us) doesn’t really work, it’d be much better to look at all three as championship managers and then see what their percentages are

LJ record is better then I thought it was

won -2188 drawn -1594 lost-1151

he’s had 4863 games in charge of us yet we don’t know our style of play or what our best 11 iS, i can’t help the level the managers have managed us at in just saying after 4863 games in charge we should know what we wanna do 

5 minutes ago, Highguy said:

he’s had 4863 games in charge of us yet we don’t know our style of play or what our best 11 is

He's had 192 games with us.

His career games managed is 346.

4800 games would take decades.

he’s had 4863 games in charge of us yet we don’t know our style of play or what our best 11 iS, i can’t help the level the managers have managed us at in just saying after 4863 games in charge we should know what we wanna do 

Sorry was shown stats by someone https://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/bristol-city/ and  just put them on here without double checking sorry I apologise 

4800!

Thats more than 3 times as many as fergie had for United!

Archived