IGNORED

Taxi

Alan Dicks

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

That's a pretty poor attempt at an apology.

The eggplant wasn't for having a differing opinion, but disregarding something that actually happened, and by extension essentially calling me a liar.

I wasn't calling you a liar. I just don't think anybody can be sure that SL was considering sacking LJ during that run. You could be right that they were, but you don't KNOW it, unless you are SL himself.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I wasn't calling you a liar. I just don't think anybody can be sure that SL was considering sacking LJ during that run. You could be right that they were, but you don't KNOW it, unless you are SL himself.

There was a meeting with LJ and the Board after the Burton 0-0 and another at the end of the season that discussed LJ going forward.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdown-reveals-moment-thought-58048

There was another meeting after the 5-0 at Preston, where the players were also discussed with afterwards.

https://the72.co.uk/78449/bristol-city-close-to-sacking-lee-johnson/

Then there's the interview with Twentyman at the end of the 16/17 season

"SL: Look, you’re always constantly doing what...the team you’ve got...and Lee’s...I’d be lying if  we said we hadn’t had conversations like whether we should part company with Lee."

Why would there even be a conversation about it if his job was completely secure?

The fact it was discussed in itself is evidence, here from SL's mouth, that LJ's future wasn't safe.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

There was a meeting with LJ and the Board after the Burton 0-0 and another at the end of the season that discussed LJ going forward.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdown-reveals-moment-thought-58048

There was another meeting after the 5-0 at Preston, where the players were also discussed with afterwards.

https://the72.co.uk/78449/bristol-city-close-to-sacking-lee-johnson/

Then there's the interview with Twentyman at the end of the 16/17 season

"SL: Look, you’re always constantly doing what...the team you’ve got...and Lee’s...I’d be lying if  we said we hadn’t had conversations like whether we should part company with Lee."

Why would there even be a conversation about it if his job was completely secure?

The fact it was discussed in itself is evidence, here from SL's mouth, that LJ's future wasn't safe.

SL to Twentyman, it could be anyone though tbh " I was considering firing LJ"

THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN HE WAS...   because he didn't do it.  See, I don't find this too hard to understand really

Do you really think that SL was going to say to Twentyman, "Hey look, I know the fans might not like this BUT, I never once considered getting rid of Lee, and i don't care how many games he loses or how the fans hate it because... etc etc

The fact that he DIDN'T sack him is the only truth in this matter.

3 hours ago, Highguy said:

LJ record is better then I thought it was

won -2188 drawn -1594 lost-1151

he’s had 4863 games in charge of us yet we don’t know our style of play or what our best 11 iS, i can’t help the level the managers have managed us at in just saying after 4863 games in charge we should know what we wanna do 

He must have been managing Melchester Rovers, where he had Roy Race as his centre forward for 40 years.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

SL to Twentyman, it could be anyone though tbh " I was considering firing LJ"

THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN HE WAS...   because he didn't do it.  See, I don't find this too hard to understand really

Do you really think that SL was going to say to Twentyman, "Hey look, I know the fans might not like this BUT, I never once considered getting rid of Lee, and i don't care how many games he loses or how the fans hate it because... etc etc

The fact that he DIDN'T sack him is the only truth in this matter.

This was the same interview where he said about how much more money he put into the club than fans, a comment that mightily pissed of many, so I don't believe he would have lied about LJ's future being discussed because saying "it was never discussed" would have upset the fans.

That's getting to tin hat territory.

There is plenty of evidence, lots of it already provided, that LJ's job was at the very least insecure.

So to say SL had considered sacking LJ, is hardly a stretch and is something strongly backed up by things that we know for a fact happened.

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have posted plenty of sensible things in this thread. You have quoted the one thing that wasn’t which was said with humour. Believe it or not it wasn’t a totally serious comment. I have said LJ shouldn’t be sacked but there needs to be pressure on him as I feel he is complacent because of his job security. 

Yes our bet spend is low but that is just to cover losses due to our top 10 wage bill. The fees plus the wages this season with be in the 50m range. That is a lot of money for a championship club without PP. My point is LJ is being heavily backed so I don’t think it is extreme to say he isn’t getting the most put of his resources. 

I don’t think the trend will continue of a few shots on target every 4-5 games but I find it inexcusable to go 3 games with less than a shot on goal average. None of the best sides will have a run like that. Saw Preston mentioned a few times losing 4-0 to Hull but they still had 14 shots and 4 on target. They had a go and Hull was more clinical on the night. That for me would be fine(to a degree). 

Ok my bad. I didn’t see the humour.  Just a quick point,  our last 3 games we had 6 shots on target.....poor .  LEEDS 3 games against Sheffield wed, Preston & Brum produced 11 shots on target.    Not a massive difference , considering the budget of Leeds 

bottom line is we have only lost 3 games all season and I’m happy with where we are plus I see improvement every year ( small amount but still going in the right direction  ) 

Hi guy clearly never goes away and presumably watches games on his phone. 

Anyone who went ro Stoke, Preston, Derby or Cardiff would  be right to call you a MoTD fan used to watching Premier Highlights to be so miserable about the team most of us love to watch live, whenever they play. 

Get real and CoYRs

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but there are other metrics that have us bottom 6. Performance wise we aren’t performing to a top 10 level. Maybe it will even out and I will be proved right or maybe LJ turns performances around but atm I don’t think we are performing anywhere close to 7th best team in this league. 

Agree about the league for sure. No one deserves to beat anyone. I am also not on the bandwagon to spend whatever. That said we have spent under LJ more than most sides. If we go out and have a go at West Brom with 10 shots and 6 on target and lose 3-1 then you won’t hear from me except for the positives but I have just seen us go 270 minutes with 2 shots on target. It has to be better there is enough here right now to be better

Well ...

...this.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not a row exactly. SL isn’t someone you’d row with...............:cool2:

It was about the loss of trust that cost SC his job.

No it wasn't.

I love Cotts and am still angered by how he was treated just to make way for a 'golden boy' that had nothing on his CV to warrant the job. But I had it on very good authority at the time that he was, and I qoute, "a nutter". He could start an argument in a phone box.

If he had had the backing that his successor has though....

13 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It’s not far fetched is it. 

We were safely in the relegation zone when he took over, having shown flickering signs of wanting to stay up under Pembo, he took us to a comfortable position in the league where survival was secured with a couple of games to spare. 

Comparing his win record with Cotts (who spent most of his time with us as a league one manager) and GJ (who also had a couple of seasons in league one with us) doesn’t really work, it’d be much better to look at all three as championship managers and then see what their percentages are

LJ took over after the win at Charlton, which left us 20th in the Championship, three points above the drop.

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Nope, he took over before the win at Charlton when we were inside the bottom three...

He was appointed on 6 Feb, the day of the Charlton game. He watched from the director's box in the stand alongside SL. Wade Elliott spoke to the press after the win. That sound like Lee in charge? Nope? Charlton was the last of 4 games that Pemberton "managed." 

36 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Nope, he took over before the win at Charlton when we were inside the bottom three...

I think LJ had technically been 'appointed' at Charlton (I was there, it was officially announced around 2.30 whilst I was getting a drink!). He didn't have involvement in getting the result though, and IIRC he credited Pemberton and Elliot with that win. 

38 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He was appointed on 6 Feb, the day of the Charlton game. He watched from the director's box in the stand alongside SL. Wade Elliott spoke to the press after the win. That sound like Lee in charge? Nope? Charlton was the last of 4 games that Pemberton "managed." 

Fair enough, but the point still stands that we were looking like we were going down before he came in charge.

Have had a lot of discussions on this post and score aside that is what I envision this team being. We play like that no qualms from me. Score aside we went at them and dictated play. If we aren’t as clinical and it is 2 all after 90 then so be it. That was entertaining and think most will appreciate that effort

On 27/11/2019 at 22:00, Highguy said:

I think if we lose Saturday he has to go

The last time I left a game thinking we played well was 2years ago I think about like his dad he taken us as far as he can, but sl won’t sack his yes boy so we’re stuck with him 

.....and if we win convincingly?

39 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

.....and if we win convincingly?

First half the performance was excellent I will agree to that but second half I think we dropped off a few gears aside a few saves from Bentley yeah we won convincingly but would say we could improve the 2nd half performance we had 42%possession  at home 

Archived