IGNORED

Frustrated with City performances? Doobie

Bristol Oil Services

27 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

doobie, do give your thoughts on the manner of our play and performance.

We are dull, limp pish at the moment, I do think. Good job the results are good, tonight notwithstanding 

This is the sort of shit I wanna read, thanks for posting. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, shelts said:

Still not sure what our style of play is , what our best formation is ?

Sadly been the case for years, it was easier when we had so many injuries that there wasn't that much choice available 

We're going to be back to the numerous changes again every week now 

Also can someone tell me what the **** Doobie is in relation to the topic heading? 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly been the case for years, it was easier when we had so many injuries that there wasn't that much choice available 

Also can someone tell me what the **** Doobie is in relation to the topic heading? 

Nail on the head all these people saying how amazing weve done with all these injuries think back to our form early 17/18.

All the players retuning has scrambled Lee's brain again.

I really hope the lesson learned from last night is that we looked so much better when we were taking the game to them and giving them something to worry about. I feel against both West Brom and back in August Leeds we spent so long trying to counter them that we actually gave them way too much time and space to play how they wanted. We can't just let the top teams in the division play and hope to frustrate them. 

How about- and this assumes that those who have been injured, still are...

Bentley

Pereira Williams Baker Rowe

Brownhill Nagy Smith/Massengo Eliasson

Palmer

Weimann

OR 

Instead of Palmer-Weimann, 4-4-1-1, Diedhiou and Weimann- rather unconvinced by the latter though, but this shape has similarities to our 4-4-1-1 from 2 years back.

Remember also:

1. Hunt- Still possibly injured
  2. Moore- Injured
  3. Kalas- Still possibly Injured
  4. DaSilva- Injured
  5. Afobe- Injured

O'Dowda- anyone know?

Hunt is a strong outlet, DaSilva is patently superior to Rowe. Kalas and Moore though neither are Webster are more capable of playing out from the back than Baker, Williams or Wright and of course Afobe.

I do wonder what we're doing in training, strength and conditioning etc- our injuries for 3 seasons now or I don't know more like 2 years as it was around October, November 2017 that real rolling injuries kicked in, have been mental.

10 hours ago, shelts said:

Still not sure what our style of play is , what our best formation is ?

I am sure what our best formation is, but trouble is the manager refuses to just stick to a way of playing.  Our best formation should be based around our best attacking threats and that has to be Eliasson.  So, we should always play a back 4.  Choice then is whether to do what we did 2nd half last night and counter balance Eliasson with Brownhill on the right with 2 strikers or play a midfield 3 with Weimann playing wider.  He could play either 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 without having to make 2 changes to correct a problem..

The 'clubs in the bag' mentality means he is constantly overthinking tactical solutions to games rather than choosing a template to play with and working at that.  We allow our opponents to dictate how we play.  When we had that great run 2 years ago, he had little choice in formation or personnel and we flourished. Why?  Because it's clearly a good coaching set up. trouble is, as soon as he has choices, he gets carried away and over thinks. It's the sort of approach that nerdy coaches love but proper winning managers never adopt.  He's got a squad more than capable of top 6 and should be pushing automatic promotion, but needs to stop messing about or face the consequences. 

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I am sure what our best formation is, but trouble is the manager refuses to just stick to a way of playing.  Our best formation should be based around our best attacking threats and that has to be Eliasson.  So, we should always play a back 4.  Choice then is whether to do what we did 2nd half last night and counter balance Eliasson with Brownhill on the right with 2 strikers or play a midfield 3 with Weimann playing wider.  He could play either 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 without having to make 2 changes to correct a problem..

The 'clubs in the bag' mentality means he is constantly overthinking tactical solutions to games rather than choosing a template to play with and working at that.  We allow our opponents to dictate how we play.  When we had that great run 2 years ago, he had little choice in formation or personnel and we flourished. Why?  Because it's clearly a good coaching set up. trouble is, as soon as he has choices, he gets carried away and over thinks. It's the sort of approach that nerdy coaches love but proper winning managers never adopt.  He's got a squad more than capable of top 6 and should be pushing automatic promotion, but needs to stop messing about or face the consequences. 

Would see us getting overrun in midfield IMO.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Got a feeling the Doobie Do comment may be a reference to the Tom Thumb tune that used to be sung on the East End

• Admin
2 hours ago, Fiale said:

We need to go back to the pressing game we had when Bobby was here. We had no strength in depth that season and players flagged around December, but we have quality defenders and midfielders now that can be rotated to avoid exhaustion...

Spot on

For me Weimann has the physical and mental ability to play this role - it was key in that great run we had that season

Archived