IGNORED

The positive: Korey Smith

Fordy62

Was great to have him back. I had forgotten how he seems to have a little more time on the ball then anyone else. He’s not rushed, his touch is always good and he’s a damn good player. 

Brilliant to have him back. Thought he had a good game. Shame no one else turned up. 

Tin hat time but I think he’s just one of a number of players who are perfectly good enough to ‘give it a go’ but ultimately not at the level needed if we genuinely want to be any more than we are now - hopeful outsiders. 

Nothing against him personally. Good servant to the club and by no means a bad player. But can’t help but feel his best days here are behind him. Nagy better than him technically, Brownhill offensively and Massengo will be streets ahead as an all rounder, but he does bring some welcome grit back to the midfield. 

Yep great to see him back. Played well tonight, such a clever intelligent player and imo our best midfielder.

Got tired at the end but still managed to get involved and be in the right place at the right time.....hardly put a foot wrong all night which is incredible considering the amount of games he has played in the last couple of seasons.

Well done Korey.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nagy better than him technically, Brownhill offensively and Massengo will be streets ahead as an all rounder, but he does bring some welcome grit back to the midfield. 

Bad timing I think for these points. 

Technically Nagy didn’t do too well with Bentley’s pass. 

Offensively Brownhill may as well have not played.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Was great to have him back. I had forgotten how he seems to have a little more time on the ball then anyone else. He’s not rushed, his touch is always good and he’s a damn good player. 

Brilliant to have him back. Thought he had a good game. Shame no one else turned up. 

I agree. At times, he looked our sharpest player on the pitch which surprised me given how long he’s been out. 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tin hat time but I think he’s just one of a number of players who are perfectly good enough to ‘give it a go’ but ultimately not at the level needed if we genuinely want to be any more than we are now - hopeful outsiders. 

Nothing against him personally. Good servant to the club and by no means a bad player. But can’t help but feel his best days here are behind him. Nagy better than him technically, Brownhill offensively and Massengo will be streets ahead as an all rounder, but he does bring some welcome grit back to the midfield. 

I wasn't there at the game or listening, as I had a feeling we would get mauled and I was shattered to be honest.  But I do think we need to stop changing the midfield is the strongest we have had in ages, Korey is a great player but Massengo has been one of our best midfielders along with Brownhill and Nagy this Season.

Others that were there or saw any streams ( if there were any?) , how was he ?

Was great to see him back but think him being fit means less minutes for Massengo. Don’t see the point in that as Smith is gone in the summer as it stands. I do think he is at this point just another player that will work his ass off but will leave us short at the end. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s fairly obvious that it was an overall assessment and not based on tonight’s game! 

A crazy game to start him. however we were awful across the midfield. Nagy, Kasey (You can no longer shag my wife) Palmer and Josh all contrived to gift goals. LJ must be spitting feathers. 

Odowda taken off injured and now chasing the game on comes Niklas (we cant play him because of our formation/unless of course we are desperate and need someone who can play) Elliason and Fammy (no one likes him but he's all we have) Deihdou. So the two returning crocks Smith and Nagy have to do the full 90 whil Massengo sits on the bench.

LJ can not be blamed for individual errors, step forward Brownhill Nagy and Palmer, but today he just looked to me like he's reverting back to Not Einstein LJ, who over thinks things!...If its obvious normally its obvious for a reason!

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Not that I’d wish anyone being injured, especially Korey smith cause I love him but this this just gives LJ cause to come up with more random team selections whilst he tries to squeeze all these defensive midfielders into his team!!! 

Nice to see him, but he shouldn’t have started. No way he’s fully match fit or ready and it’s a total kick in the balls to Massengo. How’s Massengo gonna improve if he’s shunted out for a player, albeit a solid one, who hasn’t played in absolutely ages? Give that beautiful haired man the game time, he’s the future of our midfield. 

46 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I agree 100%. I think people get a bit sentimental when it comes to certain players Smith being one of them. We can and Imo should be looking at better than him for a starting role if we want to seriously challenge at the top end of this league..also as said above if it means Massengo and or Nagy gets less playing time then that would make no sense as both are better players than Smith.

7 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed....now a 'squad player.

In general I thought Brownhill, Nagy and Smith were all OK but generally got over ran and out smarted, particularly from Sawyers who Iv likes since his early days at Walsall where he started his career further forward. Palmer on the other hand seemed to control midfield and could hold off numerous West Brom players so was surprised to see him come off, especially as we were 2-0 down and he’s the most attacking minded of the 4 centre midfielders we had on at the time ?

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

A crazy game to start him. however we were awful across the midfield. Nagy, Kasey (You can no longer shag my wife) Palmer and Josh all contrived to gift goals. LJ must be spitting feathers. 

Odowda taken off injured and now chasing the game on comes Niklas (we cant play him because of our formation/unless of course we are desperate and need someone who can play) Elliason and Fammy (no one likes him but he's all we have) Deihdou. So the two returning crocks Smith and Nagy have to do the full 90 whil Massengo sits on the bench.

LJ can not be blamed for individual errors, step forward Brownhill Nagy and Palmer, but today he just looked to me like he's reverting back to Not Einstein LJ, who over thinks things!...If its obvious normally its obvious for a reason!

Nail hit on head. Madness starting him against such a slick and physical side. Great to see him back but surely it would have been better to give him a decent half or so Vs Huddersfield and build him in more gradually.

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree, he has been part of a midfield that had been overrun on a weekly basis for 4 years, just like pack, love him to bits but if we want to kick on should not be in the side. 

I think some people (including LJ) are thinking of the Smith of 18 months ago and getting a bit too excited. He’s not fully fit nor at his best, and there’s no guarantee he will ever be as good as he was. IMO he should be brought into the team gradually as a sub as Massengo and Nagy look better players 

Massengo no doubt deserved and needed a break but should have returned v Forest.

When fit and firing he should be the first pick in midfield afaic, ahead of Nagy, Smith and Brownhill.

He's better than all of them imo. and the team should be built around him.

We assumed Han Noah was being rested but now that has extended into being 'dropped' which is a ridiculous decision by LJ imo.

11 hours ago, Meh said:

Funny how people see it differently.

I thought it was a bad game to bring him back and proved by his chasing shadows and heavy touches bouncing off him as tiredness showed in second half.

I was surprised he started too! After so long out and a tough game to throw him back in...was a "brave" call for sure!

Archived