IGNORED

Brownhill

BcfcDuncs

3 minutes ago, Highguy said:

I think he’s needs a rest he’s had the extra responsibility of being captain and he’s still young he reminds me abit of Henderson a lot of people question why he plays and what he brings but he is the engine and tempo setter

I think that is fair, he is still a young lad, needs a break.

Yep, will probably get scorned for this as well, but I agree. For some reason fans have given him the 'untouchable' tag and no one should dare question his selection. Just my thoughts, but he needs to step up massively, he doesnt affect games enough, his ball control and technique are average for a player so highly regarded.

6 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Having two holding midfielders I was expecting to be in the game a bit more, but maybe due to everyone having a cack game he didn't help, like I said he got the ability to be alot more influencial

Him and Palmer pick their heads up and pass to whom? That is where the problem was tonight. 

Everyone would come out looking worse with that setup.

Just now, marcofisher said:

Him and Palmer pick their heads up and pass to whom? That is where the problem was tonight. 

Not just his forward play tho, struggles to win headers in the middle and he one of our bigger midfielders

We did pass it around a bit (at least shared possession) during the first half, and despite being a goal down it was a bit more even during that spell.  But that is me trying to find positives.  Second half started brightly, but then Brownhill and Eliasson swapped sides.  We never got any momentum after that.  Brownhill very quiet tonight.

25 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Yep, will probably get scorned for this as well, but I agree. For some reason fans have given him the 'untouchable' tag and no one should dare question his selection. Just my thoughts, but he needs to step up massively, he doesnt affect games enough, his ball control and technique are average for a player so highly regarded.

I think you’re spot on. He had a poor game tonight and on Saturday when is passing/crossing was awful. Goal against Cardiff was great but he is not consistent enough.

30 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

It's ironic that Palmer made the **** up just outside our box. why is he back there when we have 5 at the back and 3 defensive midfielders in the side?  If he manages to flick the ball around a WBA player he has to run 50yds with the ball, or pick out Wiimann with a Hoddle pass.

I know he gets slated on here but Jono stick him in, tell him Kasey your in the team for 5 games go out and show us what your really capable of, don't bring him off after every quiet 45mins.  If then he hasn't produced leave him out.

1 hour ago, Highguy said:

I think he’s needs a rest he’s had the extra responsibility of being captain and he’s still young he reminds me abit of Henderson a lot of people question why he plays and what he brings but he is the engine and tempo setter

Bingo.

I thought he'd picked up an injury on Saturday, he was so slow and lacklustre, but i think it's more the case of a rest needed.

With Nagy and Smith available, get HNM in. Not the "most cultured player, as they say, but he can run and run, draw fouls (cause they can't get the ball of him fairly) and get us in dangerous positions.

8 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Will probably get shot down but he needs to do more for me, I can't work out what he brings beside his energy, barely wins anything in the middle, not a tough tackler, not very creative, yea he does score the odd decent goal but like I said needs to do more, he has got the ability. 

I understand your point but the truth is he is all look so being let down by those around him.

I simply have no idea what Callum O’Dowda contributes when he is on the pitch. Thought it since day one. 

That said, looking at his Oxford highlights, I can’t help wonder if it’s Johnson that’s time it to him.

10 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Will probably get shot down but he needs to do more for me, I can't work out what he brings beside his energy, barely wins anything in the middle, not a tough tackler, not very creative, yea he does score the odd decent goal but like I said needs to do more, he has got the ability. 

Why get shot down for that. Brownhill was poor last night and he will be the first to admit it. Arm band or Cardiff wonder goal aside, he is not immune from criticism. Makes a change from the O'Dowda bashing - who did a decent job against Philips last night. At least he kept him quiet for the the first half. 

Brownhill's one of our best players but instead of building around that, recently we've done the opposite.

For most of the season Brownhill has controlled our midfield, having more of the ball than our other midfielders.  Now that Nagy (and last night Smith) are back in the team, Brownhill's strengths are redundant and as a result he hardly had any of the ball last night.

Here's a few of his possession stats this season:

v Swansea (6.3% - 1st)
v Brentford (4.7% - 2nd, only Jack Hunt had slightly more)
v Wigan (7.7% - 1st)
v Forest (5.9% - 5th)
v West Brom (2.8% - 9th)

All playing with Nagy and Smith will do is limit Brownhill's time on the ball and take him out of the game.

10 hours ago, shelts said:

Not a great performance from him tonight but the other midfielders failed to stamp their authority on the game also . 

I don’t think our midfielders knew what they were supposed to be doing last night .

It was a mess . 

It was great to see Korey back but he has hardly played with the others and evidently lacks match sharpness and fitness.

Idem for Nagy.

Bomber Brownhill was just part of the accident, no better , no worse than the other headless chickens .

Really? Are we really turning our intentions on Brownhill after losing 4-1 to top of the league. Brownhill is class and has been for the majority of the season. He has the odd quiet game but doesn’t everybody else? If Brownhill doesn’t play there are no goals from midfield and very little steel (Korey aside). 

It will be Williams next, he hasn’t scored 15 goals from centre half, he must be shite!!!

This is the first goal last night.  Yes Brownhill has a poor header back to Wright but where are the rest of the team?  Why are all 3 of our midfielders in exactly the same area with not one of them offering support to the centre backs?  Smith and Nagy might as well have been holding hands.

d8d65555434f90695d80da0d6147ec06.png

1 hour ago, Roe said:

This is the first goal last night.  Yes Brownhill has a poor header back to Wright but where are the rest of the team?  Why are all 3 of our midfielders in exactly the same area with not one of them offering support to the centre backs?  Smith and Nagy might as well have been holding hands.

d8d65555434f90695d80da0d6147ec06.png

I think bailey wright has to be stronger and is brushed off the ball to easy (considering his size) 

Yeah midfield are all camped together I agree but yet there is a pass out to pereira at rb or switch to cod at lb 

Archived